Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Im confused

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Im confused

Im doing a calories diet basically u work
out how much and what to eat through the calories but ..... Im not 100% sure how many calories im suppose to be having ive been told its goes by your height and weight and then by your sex and others have told me you get 1500 calories a day and someone else has told
me i get 2000 calories a day ..... Im confused
Check out http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/blcalintake.htm - there is lots of information there about how to do the calculations.

The number you will get will tell you how many calories you need to eat in order to MAINTAIN your weight. In order to lose, you need to cut back on your calories - about 500 calories less than you need to maintain is a good starting point, as long as you never go under 1200 calories a day - and increase your exercise so that you are also burning calories every day. As you lose weight, you need to recalculate the number of calories you should be eating every day, and when you reach your goal weight, you need to actually eat the number of calories you need for maintaining it. And, of course, continue exercising throughout! :)

I hope that is helpful.
If you look on the wolfram alpha website and search for basal metabolic rate there is a good tool therre to calculate your daily calorie requirements