Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Indian Food

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Indian Food

We went out and tried a new restaurant last night.  (you have to know the background--Mr. Peek has only a few places he has deemed worthy of the Peekawho's business.  It took a long time to persuade him to try this place).

So we went.  I have no idea what we ate, but it was fabulous.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what any of it actually was, so I can't track the points very well.  It was not Core, for sure.  

I had to be very, very strict for the past few days.  If you want to see the power of following Core, go look at my tracker.  I have to weigh in this morning, so had to hard Core it until last night.  (Hard Core is following Core very strictly, trying not to use your weekly points).  

Anyway, I heart Indian food  now, and so does Mr. Peek.   But I wish I knew what we were eating, and the points value.  The naan (which I do recognize as some kind of bread) was OUT OF THIS WORLD.  
My girlfriend was from India and for her wedding they had some REALLY GOOD FOOD!  Her mom was so nice to point out the "hot" and not-so-hot stuff for us.  My hubby got the respect of my girlfriend's mom by eating every "hot" they had and loved it.  I stayed more respectable in that area.  The donut type desert they had was just awesome.  

Definitely easy to lose track of the points there.  But once in a while, a new experience is worth a multitude of points.

Good luck to you!
Swampy loves Indian food too, but advises that some of the food has a high enough fat content that it properly belongs on the "death by 35" diet.
So you're saying I'm safe?  Since I'm 50?
Apparently.  If you make it past 35, you're GOLDEN!  ha ha ha ha ha...wait... I'm past 35!!!!

So, let's go have Indian cuisine!