Business woman1
Need to Get Started
dyletteExternal User
I am an emotional eater and try at times to eat right.......there is a fitness center available where I reside, but I can't seem to get started...please help!
When you feel emotions sending you to the kitchen, try hitting the gym instead, or go for a walk, read a book - anything to take your mind off food.
I am an emotional eater too.
I've been struggling with this problem for years now. what helps me is taking time. When the urge comes i sit down close my eyes and make myself think rationally. I repeat again and again that eating chocolate or pizza won't solve my problem, won't help me with my boyfriend or family issues, won't make my anxiety vanish.

After that i find very helpful to look photos i have downloaded of my favorite famous body-idols. Just looking at Belucci's or Deschannel's bodies it makes me focus on ym goal. And the cravings slowly fade. Sometimes i sleep with the craving still raging, but when i manage to wake up next morning without having given in, it's the best feeling in the world.

You need to find what works for you, what motivates you. What is capable to take your mind of the food when you are emotionally charged.
Business woman1
dyletteExternal User
Thank you so much for the encouragement.  
Business woman1
dyletteExternal User
Your reply has really encouraged me to reevaluate how I handle my weight loss.  Thank you again!
Hello there, I'm an emotional eater too. Sometimes I don't even realize I'm doing it. So I started making healthier choices whenever I go to the fridge. After I eat I write down all my calories and try not to go over my limit, if I'm close then I really find something low in calories. Have a friend start going with you to the gym. It gives you modivation and accountability to keep at it. Good luck I hope I helped some. This is my first week of calorie counting and I havnt been to the gym and I lost 8 pounds already. :)