Weight Loss & Dieting Community
Will i ever be able to get rid of my excess skin from my abdomine?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

Plese help.i have 3 kids with the youngest 2yrs.old.i have lost about 25pds so far and i just purchase slimquick to help me lose about 20 more pds.i am 5'7,and about 166pds.although i lost some weight,i am having problems getting rid of my sagging skin in my stomach area.i have tried sit-ups and i do admit i don't do them like i should.maybe that's the problem,but i have heard people say no matter how much sit-ups you do you will never get rid of all that extra skin.and i have also heard that's not true.will i be able to get rid of all the skin that's just hanging?it makes me feel so uncomfortable about my body.i feel if i can lose a little weight,tone up and get rid of this extra skin,i will have the body i want.i am not looking for a model type body, i really want to get rid of all the extra skin,and also along with my extra skin ,it also look like a lot of wrinkles on my sagging skin.it looks just totally awful!could you please offer me some advise on what to do,and what is true and what not is true.thanks for your help.
I have 2 kids and I have also heard that there is nothing you can do about the excess skin...short of having a tummy tuck.  In my area there is a thing called a body wrap.  It is non surgical and it boasts that it tightens skin and helps you lose inches.  I did one a month ago and lost inches, but didn't really notice my skin looking all that much tighter(but they said that you would have to do muliple wraps to start seeing results).  Each wrap is $135 so I cannot keep doing that forever!  My only advice is to keep working out, doing cardio to burn fat, and some type of toning exercise(sit-ups, pilates, etc.) and see what happens.  I know it is so depressing to have such an icky looking belly!  What I can't believe is all the stars in Hollywood who have babies and have tight abs....they must have a secret that I would like to know about!
just an afterthought.....let me know how the slimquick works for you.  I still have 15 lbs. to go from my last pregnancy and I am busting my butt to lose it, but can't seem to get it off me!
I disagree with you both. You can get rid of that skin. Pilattes works wonders. My children are older and I had that skin for years and now it is gone.
I've been doing Pilates for 6 months and I'm still going strong!  I have seen improvment in my stomach, but I sure hope you're right and it gets alot better!  Now, atleast I have a little faith that my tummy flab can go away!!!  Is there a certain pilates program you use?
thanks so much for the ray of hope i was really worried ive had weight problems since i was a kid up and down up and down and now that im 23 going on 24 i figured get control of it or your going to get to the point where its going to be a hell of alot harder
This 3 day thing sounds to good to be true have you had any more weight loss. what if you don't eat what's on the meal plan can you drink water tell me everything i need to know  because i want to be able to wear a swim suit this summer 5ft7 210lbs need to lose 30 to 50 lbs help me out i am fed up with looking in the mirror
please tell all!!!!!!
Has anyone tried Tae Bo? Yes, I'm talking about all that Billy Blanks stuff.. It works! I use to do it all the time when I was in high school.. But I'm 23 now, with a 3 year old and a 4 year old. I too have the excess skin.. even only weighing 123 lbs. I am perfectly happy with my body-except for the loose skin on my belly. So.... I dug in the closet and pulled out my old Tae Bo dvds and started them up.. Low and behold. I started about 6 wks ago and not only is it toning the skin on my belly, but building muscle and helping me become a healthier me as well. No change in diet. Still junk food all day at work and drink soda 98% of the time (except WHILE i'm working out-at that time, water is my only thirst quencher) and still looking better than I did even before I gave birth. My excess skin is definately tightening up. I could tell a difference in days. DAYS! But-if you try it, make sure you start out with the training and basic-DON'T go straight to advance or you WILL hurt yourself and you will regret it. Good luck everyone!!