Weight Loss & Dieting Community
enemas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

enemas

i've herard enemas are good for weight loss and stomatch bloating, is this correct and where can i buy them please?
Regularly flushing your lower intestine with water has to be unhealthy since the colon is where vitamin K, B12, thiamine and riboflavin are absorbed.  I would really classify an enema as a quasi-medical procedure.  As with other medical procedures you should have them done at a proper facility.  A proper facility would have a qualified staff to answer more in-depth questions as well.

Your doctor's office should be able to give you a referral to an established clinic that specializes in digestive health.  You will be able to get as many enemas that will benefit you the most and at the proper frequency from that clinic.
        I would not advise to use such things. This should be done only on advise of a physician.
       The bloating could be from eating habits. To loose weight cut down eating high fat, high calorie foods. If you want to feel better watch your diet and don't give in to appetite.
i agree, the only 2 times i have ever done an enema was when my ob told me to do one the day before my scheduled induction for labor, and i would def not do it to lose a few pounds, because as soon as you go back to your normal diet you will pack it back on, and not to mention they are not that fun. i cut out soda and lost 10 pounds just from that and started drinking instead.