Weight Loss & Dieting Community
enemas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

enemas

i've herard enemas are good for weight loss and stomatch bloating, is this correct and where can i buy them please?
Regularly flushing your lower intestine with water has to be unhealthy since the colon is where vitamin K, B12, thiamine and riboflavin are absorbed.  I would really classify an enema as a quasi-medical procedure.  As with other medical procedures you should have them done at a proper facility.  A proper facility would have a qualified staff to answer more in-depth questions as well.

Your doctor's office should be able to give you a referral to an established clinic that specializes in digestive health.  You will be able to get as many enemas that will benefit you the most and at the proper frequency from that clinic.
        I would not advise to use such things. This should be done only on advise of a physician.
       The bloating could be from eating habits. To loose weight cut down eating high fat, high calorie foods. If you want to feel better watch your diet and don't give in to appetite.
i agree, the only 2 times i have ever done an enema was when my ob told me to do one the day before my scheduled induction for labor, and i would def not do it to lose a few pounds, because as soon as you go back to your normal diet you will pack it back on, and not to mention they are not that fun. i cut out soda and lost 10 pounds just from that and started drinking instead.
I do enenas on a regular basis. I checked with my doetor first of course, which I strongly recommend. I lost 15lbs in 3 months. Of course I still watch what I eat and excorsized. They are very safe. I bought my first kit at Walgreens. I was very nervous at first but after I was educated and understood how and what they do, I felt more comfortable. I strongly recommend you talk with your doctor and then decide if its right for you. Good luck :)
What sort of enema's were you using? Did you start with coffee or something else?  Would be grateful to know thanks.
Coffee should never be used an enema... perhaps you aren't familiar with an enema... you need to discuss this with your doctor.  It's not a good weight loss option and I would not trust any  doctor who recommended it for weight loss.

Eating a healthy diet, with moderate exercise is the best way to lose weight.
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
KTowne commented on photo
KTowne commented on photo
Track your weight over time