Weight Loss & Dieting Community
help ..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

help ..

How can I get motivated to run..
I want to loose weight for my graduation and I just keep making excuses why I can't exercise that day.
Why do you have to run?  Maybe you should try to do something you  might enjoy more, then you wouldn't make excuses for not doing it?

Otherwise, sometimes, we have to just get ready and "do it", without thinking about it and once started, it's not so bad.
i want to run because it will help my legs and tummy area.
i dont know what other exersize i can do to help those specific areas and some minor ones too.
This is a hard one, since noone else is actually able to motivate you than yourself. You could try the peer pressure approach, eg run with someone else, or the early bird approach, eg put your running gear right infront of the bed, and instead to get dressed, you slip into your running clothes first, have a run, etc.
But all this won't work unless you want it to work.
Good luck.
Do you no thats sound real good i am going to put my trainers near my bed and get up in the moring and get out there even if this crap weather in the uk is still raining good luck to all will let you all no how it go's
Thanks u guys for helping. Unfortunately I didn't run yesterday but I did walk two miles. I'm proud of myself
Walking can be just as beneficial as running and it's much lower impact. If you enjoy it more than running, why not do that instead?  Walking will also help your legs and tummy, plus walking uphill will also help tighten your tush.

Yoga's good, swimming is good........ there are tons of good exercises, but as sechmeth said - if you really want to lose weight, you're the only who can motivate yourself.  

I do like the idea of putting the gear right by the bed....... My winter neighbor has been here for some months and we've walked every morning together.  I'd get out of bed and right into my walking clothes, so changing wasn't an issue...... My neighbor has gone back to her home state now, so I'm going to have to motivate myself....  yesterday I did the treadmill, today I took the dog for a long walk.  Tomorrow, I might do yoga.

Nat - I hope your weather cleared enough for you to be able to get out.  
KeeLolo commented on photo
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
KTowne commented on hansen20's status
Track your weight over time