Weight Loss & Dieting Community
is it ok for a 15 year old to take whey protein

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

hi im 15 and 6ft.3 i am working on a program to loose weight but also gain muscel, i have been wanting to take whey protein for months now since i have been goin to the gym, but my mom and dad  dont want me to take it but i made a deal with my dad that if i could ask a doctor about this he would let me have it and that the doctor said it can be suitable to use from the work that i do. now im tlking to you and anyone else out there but im asking you. is it ok for me to take it ???????????????. And because i do the gym 3 hours a day and 1 hour cadio so in total 4 hours in the gym everyday and i think because i see everyone else my own age or a bit older using this stuff so should i be alllowed. so i am in desprate need of an answere as soon as possible more than likely from an expert as soon as posssible feel free to post ur own message.
I wouldn't recommend taking protein. Protein is supposed to be for those who are weight trainers in place of certain meals or snacks. It's not healthy for a teen to do this. You might cause hormonal changes in your body by doing so. (Hyperandrogenism).
We aren't doctors here; we're simply people trying to help each other lose weight.

You can try posting on the expert forum and see if a doctor will help you.

In my opinion, it would not be all that good for you, especially, if you plan to replace meals with it. While protein is essential for building muscle, your body is not fully developed yet, at 15.  
ok thank you im looking more into it and all i have talked to an expert doctor my own doctor and he says that its not good to take whey protein powder , but if i take hemp protein powder instead because its natural look it up its the real stuff thank you again .
Thank you both but i dnt know how to favorite or rate ur comments on my phone so ill just say it the first review was he best and ill give 100% for it. Secound answere ill give maybe 15% for not answereing my quistion and for being annoying