Weight Loss & Dieting Community
numbness and unintentional weight loss after lumbar surgery and fusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to dieting, alcohol and dieting, balanced menus, weight loss, success stories, exercise, metabolism, healthy dieting, healthy snacks, holiday dieting tips, nutrition, and weight loss surgery. covered are discussions relating to specific diet plans like the South Beach Diet, Atkins Diet, Slim-Fast, Weight Watchers, Counting Calories, Fat Flush, Body for Life and other diets.

I had lumbar spinal surgery L5 and fusion of same almost 9 months ago.  The original pain is gone and actually this was the second surgery I had, the first was late 2009 at the same area but no fusion at that time.  I lost about 18 pounds immediately after the surgery and to date I have lost a total of 24 pounds and it seems that its mainly around my hips and buttocks.  I also have a lot of numbness around that area and pain down my left leg and more at the knee area - the pain seems to be throughout my leg bone.  I have reported it to a few doctors but everyone is giving me the same answer which is that it is from the nerve pain I had before surgery from the herniated disc and that it will take time to be better.  What are your thoughts on this?  
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
May 28
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
May 28
Track your weight over time