Weight Loss Alternatives Community
B12 injections and phen pills

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

B12 injections and phen pills

I truly can use some support as I attempt to lose weight again now that I am at 210 lbs. I am seeing a weight loss doctor today about B12 injections and a phen  (37.5 mg) prescription. Since it is my first time going this route, can anyone provide insights (frequency of B12s combined with a liquid diet)?  Desperate to lose weight and not feel so depressed.
I take B12 injections regularly because I have a deficiency --- trust me, B12 is NOT a weight loss supplement and does NOT cause you to lose weight.  The best you can hope for with it is additional energy to exercise more.  AND since you apparently don't have a deficiency, you could most likely accomplish the same thing with a sublingual B12 purchased at your local health food store and save the $ it will cost for the shot at weight loss doctor to spend on something else.  I am not familiar with phen OR liquid diet.  I understand that it (phen) DOES help you to lose weight BUT please keep in mind that whenever you take drugs to lose weight, you will most likely gain it all back as soon as you go off the drugs...  Also keep in mind that going on a liquid diet may NOT give you all the vitamins, minerals, proteins, healthy fats, etc that your body needs.  

You might try asking your questions in the Weight Loss Alternatives forum, since we, in Weight Loss and Dieting advocate a safe weight loss by developing sensible eating habits, coupled with moderate exercise.  These are things that you can adopt for a life time since I doubt you will want to continue with visiting a weight loss doctor and using phen for the rest of your life..  

Good luck
Phentermine is not as safe as doctors would like you to believe. I think they can't think of anything better and so continue to prescribe it. As with any other amphetamine type drug, phentermine can be addictive and cause side effects.

The b-12 can help some with weight loss, but by itself I'm not sure how effective it is. It does wonders for energy, though.

Hcg with b-12 on the other hand, can be the answer to your problem. You would need to find a doctor to prescribe it (not all doctors believe in it or would prescribe it, but I know of some naturopaths that do)You take a small, painless injection six days a week of the hcg and stick to a very low calorie diet(you can do it because the hcg allows your body to metabolize stored fat, so you are not very hungry). You can stick to this for as many weeks as it takes to get to your goal weight, then transition into normal eating. It is not a diet that you have to stick to forever and most people don't have to keep going back to doing it - the weight stays off.(your hypothalmus starts to work better and metabolizes your fat instead of storing it ALL the time.)