Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG Side Effects anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG Side Effects anyone?

Just researched side effects:

"Mood swings and high blood pressure can also be attributed to the intake of HCG."

Anyone having these or other side effects such as constipation, diarrhea, fatigue?  My mood has been rather odd since I started the diet and HCG. Severely fatigued. Things seem a bit "off".  

PS: Bodybuilding websites state HCG should be injected intramuscularly.  The more I research and learn, the more confused I get.
I hope this helps: http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/18/11/2294

I just took my first shot today, I feel alright. Nothing weird to report but again, it may be too soon. I did notice I was able to hold my hunger for much longer than usual..

:)
The fatigue MAY be from the reduction in food intake.  Usually the HCG serium gives you a serge of energy even without the B12 injection.  Because of the reduction of callorie intake your bowel movements may not be as often but if you are drinking at least 80 oz. of water a day you should not be constipated.  HCG is like anything else there may be some reason you should not continue, there are many vitamins that I am elergic to and when I take them I just feel rotten.  If after 1 week if you do not feel great you should discontinue or see your doctor.

Good luck.

granny
I have been on the program for a while , and have not had any side effects. My shots are mixed with B vitamins, and i do a B-12 once a week. I also take a multi-vitamin. I guess this is like everything else. It effects people differently, but you may want to up the vitamins for the fatigue. Are you getting enough sleep? the app.suppressants could be disturbing your sleep, and could be the cause of your mood swings. I have not had a problem with constipation, but i drink 1 gallon of water a day. I hope this helps, and you should call your doctor about these side effects. The app. suppressants could also be the cause of the high blood pressure.
I have been on Wellbutrin for 18 months , and am also pre-menopuasal.Previoulsy I had lost 30 lbs just by walking, cutting out many foods, watching portions and since being on Wellbutrin i have gained 20 lbs! even though i am still doing the same workouts! possibly even more since i have dedicated myself to learning more about excerisize and eating habits. I cannot get it off !My Gyno says it is the menopause creeping up on me , but i think it is the Wellbutrin. I am slowly goign to to detox from it and go on Sam-E..an all natural suppliment.also i have noticed many folks talking about decreased libido.. nope not me , could have sex nealry every day if I had a willing partner.!

I belive i am one of the samll percentage of women that has the opposite side effects than the trials showed.

Appreciate all your input so much.

I uped the vits yest. No longer use the app. supp. so not a problem re: sleep & mood swings. Shots give me explosive diarrhea to the point I have to take Imodium (immodium). Then I'm constipated until the next shot the following week....lol.  I do need to up my liquids since I dropped down to about 8.  Good thing about app. supps. is that they make you so thirsty you'll drink anything you can get your hands on!  Food intake same as before diet...but healthy...no junk...high protein..low carbs.  Never ate much....still heavy. Taking meds for BP but still getting dizzy on the bike and treadmill.  Problem may lie with myself...not HCG.  Occas. suffer with malabsorbtion (celiac disease) which causes diarrhea. Body cannot absorb nutrients. My old doc up north used to laugh because I look anything but malnurished. Meanwhile, she used to put me in hosp. for 24/7 periods of IV with nutrients/steroids.  The roids really put major wgt on.

Sanbyrd...let me know how you do on Sam-E.  btw, wellbrutrin made me horny as heck where as other anti-d's, no libido at all. Think meno-p has alot to do with inability to lose wgt. It's been impos. for me no matter what.
I had thee toughest time it seems through my adventure with The HCG diet.. What I have to say is it sucked. I craved all day except my apple day... Now I just started my last three weeks no starch no sugar... I hope it all works out the way the doc and everyone else implys it will.
The whole time I was on the shots the only side effects I had. They were actually getting very old to me and to the people around me... I was a mood swingin, attitude throwin and very right to the point kinda person. My family wanted this to stop. Now that I have been off the shot four days my mood is stable and i am back to normal... Besides how truly truly hungry I am.. And if the diet isn't a pain in the neck anyways.
My muscles hurt so bad, It seemed like I had to use them more which I wasn't and this is because It eats the fat around your muscles that has been there a very long long time. And so your muscles need to get use to it because they are basically longer and leaner
I take lexapro and have gained 20 lbs.! can I do this diet and remain on lexapro?
Why would any one of you inject yourselves with hCG or go to a clinic and inject yourselves with hCG in order to lose weight? It's not going to permanently change you unless you learn to have a healthy lifestyle. What--did you think that you could just inject yourself with hCG for a month at a time whenever you feel fat? And OF COURSE you can lose weight on the diet! You're only eating about 1/3 of your normal day's worth of calories! Don't you all know the calorie out, calorie in concept? If you are using more calories each day than you take in, you're going to lose weight. Also, don't you realize that you're actually SLOWING down your energy levels and slowing your metabolism down?

What I would like to see is some sort of legitimate articles that can prove that injecting hCG into the body will do what the diet says aside from the fact that caloric intake reduction will help you lose weight. (Not from a ******* or net or anything, but from an organization, governmental site, or credible source.)

What you may not understand here, is that if you were to go on this 500 calorie diet alone, your body would start to shut down within just a few days. The HCG pulls nutrients from the fat storage it is getting rid of and actually feeds your body with it, making it so you can eat 500 callories and not feel hunger. this isn't a permanent solution, and no one thinks it is, this is a jump start to help you gain the motivation to continue making healthy choices. I have tried everything from exercising and eating right, every fad diet you can imagine as well, and have had no success. So I decided to change my lifestyle for good and for my health instead of for my looks, and HCG has helped me learn to like eating healthy and I have never been more successfull. However, if you are doing the diet for fast results, and intend on eating the same after, you are wasting your time. while HCG may not be the healthiest way to go, being fat is even more unhealthy, and for some people this is their last resort! Im assuming you are nor have ever been morbidly obese, with complications and such, so you would not understand.
Here is my experience...
I have been on lexapro and other meds for YEARS!  some like topamax actually kept me really skinny but i was miserable with the side effects so i decided to give vitamins and homeopathic a try.  It all worked, i am off my meds BUT, gained 12 pounds which really isnt that bad given some people gain much much more.  it was part luck but mostly following my nutritionists advice and taking all the right vitamins.
as for HCG.  I am on my third day of the sublinguals and I am doing great!  It has cut my cravings and i have already dropped a pound.  My metabolism got so screwed up from those meds that this is the only way to kick it back in gear.
i highly recommned David Allen Nurition...he gave me my life back!!
Mac
Do you have to only eat 500 cals a day? I have had mood swings and honestly, it really has not curbed my hunger. Has anyone out there had any of this? This is my 4th day and I am still eating...not really curbed the appetite and I am scared to gain.
helpless
I have been on for 4 weeks and have not lost any weight.  I can't get my med spa to let me be seen after hours cause I work all day.  My blood pressure is elevated and I feel like I am retaining fluids.
Wonder what I am doing wrong?  Or is it just me....
i am 29 year old male,5"6',and weighed188 2 and a half weeks ago.so appparently this diet works differant 4 everyone,cuz i weighed 163 this morning,and have jus 4 days left on the oral drops.i had a little headache the first couple days on the 500 cal diet,none since.the last couple days iv been kind of wore out and my lag muscles ache a lil bit,but they hurt more 25lbs ago.i feel great and cant wait to start eating 1500 cals a day and get off the drops so i feel a little better but,no pain no gain.overall it has been good to me,i go to work every day,feel fine.its gunna be alot easier to do the things i love and be more active losing the equivilent of a effin suitcase.i look forward to counting cals when this is done and making sure i burn what i put in.this is a quik fix to a lifelong lifestyle change.only way to keep it off is to change my poor eating habits,which i look forward to doing.iv takin no vitamins or anything thats not on the strictest protocal,im thinkin ill be allrght.
I went on the hcg diet and lost 25 lbs and 30 inches in only 32 days.  I have been off the diet for 5 months and have not only maintained my weight by lost 6 additional lbs.  This diet has reset my metabolism back to when I was much younger because I have been eating anything and everything I want since the fourth day after stopping the shots.  I also lost the most weight in the areas of my body that have always been next to impossible to lose in.  I would recommend hcg to everyone, but it is definetly not a program that I would do without doctor supervision.  There are very specific steps to this program that must be followed or you will gain weight instead of losing but follow correctly and you will reap the rewards.
does anyone know if it's safe to use the Hcg drops while I'm on the Allergy shots?
I was on the hcg injections for 21 days. While I lost a few pounds and inches, I was so weak I could not get off the couch. I slept almost 15 hours a day. I followed the protocol to the letter, and felt awful. My bp spiked higher than ever and I was plain sick. I could barely urinate and became so swollen I hardly recognized myself.
I stopped giving myself shots this past Sunday and EVERYTHING normalized immediately.
I keep hearing how safe it is, but I am guessing, not for everyone. So, be careful, you may be one that this diet doesn't work for. I am stepping up the exercise, and eating what I want--in small portions. Hope this helps.

I just recently started the hcg diet and I am only on Day #6 (day 3 of VLCD) and I have already lost about 6 lbs.
I am hoping that this continues.
The fist day of the VLCD was the worst! I felt my stomach was empty and was very lightheaded, I thinkthis happend cause I didnt gorge as much as I was supposed to.
No problems with meals I dowloaded some recipes so they dont get boring.
i will be posting more updates as the days go along..
I got off it 3 rd day in!  I felt absolutely more horrible than if I had just starved myself all day!  The HCG seems to make you moody and lightheaded and seems ot increase hunger-in my case anyway.  I literally felt as if I had starved for several days!  I loaded very well and did not take the appetite suppressants.
  Today is day after stopping the meds and I am eating healthy, but STILL feel the same as I did yesterday!  So weak I can barely lift my arm sometimes.  I don't know what this HCG truly does to ones body, but this is NOT normal!  
I only was on the diet for 2 days of laoding and gave up at 8pm last night.  I feel like total ****.
Anyone have the same experience?
If you find you have mood swings etc, then these are the same symptoms you might have while taking an anti-baby pill. My daughter was unable to take the pill due to severe mood swings etc, she had the same symptoms when she went on the HCG diet, once off the HCG, she was back to normal.  I have been on the HCG diet for a while and feel fine, have no hunger pangs and no  other problems.
I'm planning to start this diet. I would like to loose only 25 pounds. Is there any place where we can order these drops. How safe are they? and what are the symptoms to stop this diet.
I am considering the hcg diet.  I have been overweight most of my life, but with both of my pregnancies, I gained only 10 to 15 pounds, total.  I actually weighed less the day I left the hospital than I did the day I got pregnant.  I am curious, did any women out there, who had success with hcg, have a similar experience when pregnant?  I am wondering if this might be a factor in how successful this diet would be for me, since it is a pregnancy hormone...
Hello, I am on my third round of hcg, I am using it this time to help me tone up while I am getting rid of the last few pounds I would like to but the reason I am addressing  you is because...The first time I used the hcg I had to quit early because I had received a Nonviable bottle of hcg.  I had great success up until I had to start a new bottle. Within a day of starting to use the new bottle I got sick, really sick to my stomach, I felt horrible and then I realized after 2 days that I wasn't sick at all, I was starving!!! I had to quit the protocol and felt better by the next day after I had eaten a lot of good food.

So, my ? to you would be - where did you get the hcg and did you know that it really needs to be fresh in order to be effective.  I have had such a great experience with it that I as a practitioner now offer to coach people through the protocol and also provide all of the neccessary products to get my clients through it successfully (including fresh hcg!).

I wanted to let you know this because my guess is that you just had a bad bottle and that if you tried the protocol again with good product then you would probably be successful.

Sincerely,
Finallylean
Hello, I am a Woman and...

Yes, I have had very similar experiences during my pregnancies, I only gained 18 pounds at most, it was during the nursing stage that I gained more and held it on.  I held about 10 pounds after I quit nursing each child so it ended up being about 40 pounds I have been carrying around for many years.  I have tried everything from diets to a lot of exercise and even a personal trainer for 2 years but to no avail.  I got to the point of just accepting that I would be over weight forever and loving myself anyway but I always knew that there had to be an answer!  I found it last year and it is HCG and a healthy lifestyle.  I thank God everyday for it.  It truly has changed my life!

Sincerely,
Finallylean

I'm on day 4 of the hcg diet and feeling pretty horrible!  I'm wondering if I didn't fat load enough during the first two days, therefore, I'm not getting enough energy right now?  I'm just feeling really weak, tired, and so moody!  Not a good combination when you have 2 toddlers running around the house, LOL.

I really want to stick with this diet, especially since I've already lost 3 lbs.  Any suggestions that could help me out?  

Thanks!
Hi if I read correctly, I believe you said you was a couch for HCG. I have not started on any product yet but I would like to. I am hoping to get help with a reputable place to purchase and to also make sure I get all the information I need for the diet plan. If anyone can help with this I appreciate it. I would prefer the sublingual.
I have enjoyed reading this post. I am thankful to of found this. Thanks to all for these post, beecause  they have truely helped me make a decission on the HCG. Now I just have to find where to get it!
I've completed my 26 days,and have lost 18 lbs..but I still have more to go..problem is I have no more HCG..it should be here in about another few days..So I've started with increasing my calories to 1500..but when my drops arrive,can I simply do my 2 load days and then carry-on..or do I have to wait for the full 3 weeks of maintenace, before I start again?? A little confussed.
I am in my third week of this diet. I have lost just over 30+ lbs. and my wife is down 20+. I have had no side effects and do not have any hunger or any of the negative issues mentioned. I walk several miles every other day and have plenty of energy. My mood is excellent and I feel great. I did this plan as part of the HCG diet at Green Valley Spa in Utah. It is supervised by several MD's and medical staff. I know many people want to comment on the 'safety' of this diet, however, if you haven't tried it you really can't comment. Your body has PLENTY of energy stored in the form of fat. The proper meals on the plan are nutritious and tasty and give you everything to help you lose. The 500 calories are more than enough to fuel your activities and the rest comes from stored fat. Just because the treatment hasn't been blessed by the FDA doesn't mean that it isn't safe or effective. If anyone needs serious weight loss, I highly recommend this program. P.S. I use the drops, they work just as well as the shots.
The diet recommends staying on it from 26-40 days, 3 wks maintnance and then waiting 6 wks before starting a new round. Each time you start a new series, your rest period increases 2 wks. Leastwise, that is my understanding.
I have done my two loading days and am on my second day of the 500 cal. diet.  I have one BIG ISSUE.  I am really having a problem only being able to have one veggie at a meal.  Is there any way to get around this???
Thankyou
Here are my experiences:

I started the HCG protocol 9 days ago.  This is the end of my first week of the 500 cal diet.  I am a big boy: 6'3" with 42 pant, 60 inch chest.  I workout with trainer 3 days a week, cardio 3 to 4 days a week and karate twice a week.  Even though I am so active my start weight was 384 lbs.  No typo.  My end of week 1 weight loss is 24 lbs.  Yep, that's a lot. I have lowered my intensity on the workouts because I am so tired but notice that when I do exercise my weight loss decreases (which is what I was told would happen).  For instance, one pound instead of 4 in a day.  But the endorphens make me feel better so I may be ok with occassional days of slower weight loss.  

So how do I feel?  Ha!  I am an emotional wreck.  I am having to pay strick attention to what I feel and what I say.  Reading these blogs have helped.  Keeping focused on conversations has been challenging.  Nearly destroyed a friendship late in the week cause I couldn't keep my mouth shut.  I am HUNGRY sometimes.  Did I mention that sometimes I'm an emotional wreck and HUNGRY!?    

I have had a couple times when I thought...the  @#!*%  with this I am going to get a taco.  Luckily I have a couple friends that are further down the path on this than I and they are very supportive.  Probably a good idea to warn everyone around you and perhaps work out a plan to deal with the moods.  I am having them probably much more than others that I know.  Tell you what, go watch the Robin Williams movie What dreams may come.  When he goes into the house to get his wife out and they start to lose themselves...it's kind of like that.  Not trying to freak you out.  Just sayin.  Be prepared.

So all in all, I'm happy with the results.  I am on point all the time to try to pull myself out of the funk.  Right now I feel pretty good yet hungry :).  Sleeping great though.  Good luck!
Today is my first day taken taking the HCG drops and i feel ok for the most part but reading what you guys have wrote makes me  want to stop taking it but then again i am not sure because maybe my moods will change Cause I am ***** when i want to be and i can be very mean to people.....and for some of you maybe the reason that you are having all of these problem maybe you arentt following the diet rite cause i have someone who has been doing this for 6weeks and no of what yall are saying has happend.... Please dont make it seem like other cant succeed on tis weight loss program cause yall didnt now tis doesnt apply to all just the ones who feed negative tlk GET A LIFE DAMN
I'm on my third week of the hcg drops, I have lost about 15 lbs and would like to lose another 15.  Yes, I've had my days where I cheated but kept on taking the drops.  I too have noticed mood swings, but found my neighbor has done this diet and lost 55 lbs., So it helps to have someone to give advise and support.  It seems like I have to pee often?  Does anyone else notice this?
Hello All,
Glad I found this site. I have been on the HCG Diet for 3 weeks. I am starting to feel very tried and weak, I know this is due to the fact that I keep skipping my protien. I dont like seafood, and not much of a cook not to mention I work just about 24/7. I am just so tried of boiled chicken or I'll fix it in the George Forman grill. but it tastes bad to me and I feel like I am going to get sick. anyone have ideas how I can fix this problem. I plan on doing a second round of the HCG.
Thank for you in put. Also I havent seen where anyone has mentioned leg cramps or really sore muscel aches in neck or very low back. Have you.
I just started my 3rd round of HCG.  I haven't had many side effects of the diet, except I have been losing alot of hair.  Has anyone else had this side effect?  
My question is I went to a weight center who offered the HCG for $1700.00. Which I thought was crazy. After doing some research I found the same thing for way cheaper online. So what do you all recommend? Going to a weight loss center or ordering online?
Need advice. Want to get a jump start to being healthier!
Go on Ebay, you want the Mediral HCG $37.99 for two bottles, get one bottle of HCG, one bottle of Weight Loss Supplement, you need both.  If you're still hungry, add another drop of each until you arent.  up to 20 drops at a time if necessary, didn't anyone tell you you can up these guys?  If you were informed properly they tell you not to do vigorous exercise either, think about it, 500 calories, yeah, you're tired, dizzy, just walk but do something.  Protein ideas, look for recipes online, there are millions so you dont get bored.  DON'T mix your veggies either.  
Day 2 and have a freakin headache!!!  Is anyone doing the 3 day gorge?  it seems like eveyone is doing the 2 day.  I'm so tired will i feel like that till the end?  Mood swings?  My poor husband!
I have been on HCG drops for a week & I've lost 7lbs. I mow 5-8 yards a day on Friday & Saturdays...I couldn't hardly finish my yards this pastFri & Sat. ...had to come home and take a nap in-between. I've never done that! Also couldn't sleep...restless!! So Yesterday I had to eat a meal...didn't gorge, but decent meal at Outback, slept good last night. Back on strict HCG diet today...what am I doing...can't sleep...restless...I take blood pressure med every day and it feels like I'm racing inside...any ideas? I haven't been hungry...just weak & restless!
I started August 29, so today is officially day 15 of the  500 vlcd.  Had a 3 day gorge due to scheduling.  But didn't really gorge. Just ate a lot of fat.

I have not experienced any boost of energy.  Ordered B12 to inject with the hcg. But 3 shots did nothing.  So exhausted that I can't walk the hour a day they suggest.

Had some problem with hunger 2-3 days and overate on veggies with no weight gain.   And yes, been scolded for multiple veggies.  Slipped a few times and gained .2-.6 each time.  I'm not getting huge losses but .4-.6 lb a day is nothing to sneeze at.  Down 10 pounds and 4 inches in the waist.
I'm on day 3 of VCLD and I feel great except I'm still hungry and have diarrhea. No cramping, bloating or anything, just the d. I have not experienced headaches, fatigue, leg cramps or hair loss. I drink TONS of water and tea. The tea helps a little to stave off the hunger and I have had my moments where I just want to get a taco (like the guy above). I haven't. I have lost 4 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that. I take calcium, potassium and B-complex supplements. Thanks for all your input. Its nice to find other people who are doing this. I bought my hcg drops from Hi-Health.  
Hi!
I am on the 1st day of the HCG drops diet, following my 3 days of gorging! Which - I really do not feel like I gorged, I was not that hungry, so I ate what I thought I would miss the most on the diet (Chocolate cake, rice, starches!)  Well today was my 1st day of the 500 calorie a day part. WOW! I am starving!! A little jittery and VERY thirsty. Its 4 pm and I have drank about 7 bottles of water. So, yes makes me gotta pee alot! My question is - those of you that have had success, are you not using regular shampoo and lotions? That seems to be the hardest part to me. Starving is fine - if I get the results I want. Seems like so much work to have to buy different toiletries!
I did one round of the HCG in Feb. 2010.  I did a 30 day round and lost 26pounds.  I must have been one of the exceptions because I never had mood swings and actually felt better than I have in a very long time.  I almost felt euphoric while on this product.  I used the oral homeopathic form.  I slept great.  I do admit to being hungry the first week, but the hardest part for me was remembering not to put food in my mouth at any given time.  Limiting to a twice daily regimine of food was a little bit of a shock.  I did watch the body lotion I used and refrained from using anything with oils in it, but I live in a very dry climate so I needed to use
some type of lotion daily.  I didn't not change my shampoo though.  I have several friends who have also used the HCG product and we have all had tremendous results.  The best advice I could give is to have a partner that
does the program with you to help motivate each other.  I don't like to eat fish, so I ate the beef and chicken and think I may have had better results if I could have eaten less of the red meat.  I also believe that you should get your drops from a reputable company.  I went through HCGDietDirect and even though it is a little more expensive, I can honestly say I didn't have any of the side effects that some are claiming and it may have to do with the freshness and quality of the drops.  I will be starting another round as I want to lose an additional 10 lbs.  And BTW have not gained any weight after finishing my 1 and only round.  If you can stick with this
program, it really works.  Drink lots of water to help with hunger pangs.  I also found there is a salad dressing with 0 calories/0 fat called Walden Farms.  Sometimes eating a dry salad can get boring
I am on first round of HCG---day 10 and have lost 12.5 lbs. and at least that many inches.  The first couple days on I was a bit hungry & had a headache the first couple days of the 500 calorie days, but I realized also that the fat being released also has "crap" in it that's going to cause some of that and also needing to increase water intake.   Something else I found was I take care of a couple of babies and realized that the diaper wipes moisturizers and fats in baby formula powder(during scooping into bottle) all were causing my weight loss to stall for about five days.  Once I figured that out and started wearing gloves to keep from absorbing my weight loss started again.  Just thought this could be useful to those that are mom's wanting to use this and have little ones.
I am on day 9 of hcg diet and also can say it *****. I am hungry all the time, have mood swings, and just don't feel myself. I take b-12 and a multi-vitamin and still not feeling great. My muscles are sore and I seem to get leg cramps. Not what I thought this diet promised. Any suggestions out there?
Does anyone know what you should eat on phase 3? It doesn't seem really clear. I know low sugar no carb but cn you have mayo and cottage cheese? Worried I'll gain it back. On day 23 and have lost 25 pounds so I don't want to fail now!
Wash told to workout for better results on day 8 and 9 I ate a sandwich and chips....omg. I was starving liiiiike a pig so I've decided no working out!!! I need to get back on track I lost 14 lbs In a week but those 2 days scared me away from the scale....HELP day ten is today crying my as* off. Does this mean I have to start over?

I have the same problem. I am at the end of the 2nd week and have mood swings, no energy, am starving, and my fingernails are breaking and peeling off. Does this get better. Any advice? I am reading to try a different one of their diets.
I just finished 40 days on HCG drops and lost 28 lbs and 28 inches all over my body. I have been overweight most of my life and done many different diet plans. This one, by far, has made me feel the healthiest. I drank 2 cups coffee, 1 cup tea, and 1 large glass of water every morning so I was never hungry. By the time I ate lunch, I got so full and continued to drink throughout the day, lots of water, Truvia sweetened lemon water, and Propel. By dinner, I was stuffed when finished eating. I never felt weak and always had energy. Every day, I would eat one meal with chicken and the other meal with beef as my proteins. Also, walked up to an hour every day. I'm on 6 week maintenance now and can't wait to do Round 2!
I started the hcg drops four days ago, cheated the diet already by eating two slices of spinach pizza, i weighed myself and the two pounds i lost in two days didnt return, i plan on returning to the strict diet tomorrow. Does any one know if the fat you lose will leave your skin flabby? or will it tighten up? also, i havent experienced any weird side effects, i actually feel full when i eat my measured food.
I'm a 35 yrs old female who has 2 teenage sons.  I've never been "big" but I've always been bigger than I'd like since I have my children.  I've read, studied, tried to diet, watch what I ate, exercise, but nothing was shedding those 20+ lbs that I wanted to loose.  I started both the Adipex and the HCG shots in May, 2011.  I set my mind to it & stuck to a 1,000 calorie diet. I now measure my food, count calories, watch sugar & carb intake, & take a brisk morning & evening walk. The meds gave me tons of extra energy. I've had no real side effects other than not going to the bathroom regularly. Not really constipation, just not regular. Of course the dry mouth is always there, but there is a special toothpaste that is for dry mouths that HELPS LOTS! To date, I've lost 20+ lbs. Not just the lbs but I've lost "fat!" Because the shot allows the body to pull stored fat out & use it for food, I've lost all the rolls of fat in all the right places.  If you're not a dedicated person to maintain your new lifestyle after the meds end, then you are wasting your time. You are going to yo yo with your weight & damage your health.  I recommend it to anyone willing to change their life permanently & need an extra boost of confidence.  
I am not totally sure that what is going on to me was the cause of this diet. But I was on this diet for about 4 months. My doctor at that spa clinic I was going to said you could stay on it continuously. That you did not have to take breaks. I did lose about 40 pounds.  But let me tell you I have been off the diet for at least 7 months. Back in april I started having problems with my feet and legs. I am not diabetic, I now have very painful peripheral neuropathy, and they think I also have MS. I had no signs of either of these diseases, until I stopped taking the HCG. I don't know if it is related but I would like to warn you people that my symptoms have progressed very fast in the last 4 months. I have gone from being completely normal to having to use a wheel chair and cane. Recently I have started to to lose the function of my arms and hands it started with my right arm and now is also effecting my left arm. PLEASE PEOPLE BE VERY VERY CAREFUL!! Consult with your family doctor or a specialist about this diet!!
Is anyone having a problem with mouth and tongue sores? THis is my 3rd round. My tongue is splitting and has sores on it and it is pretty painful.
   I just wanted to let you know that B12 shots are not good for you at all, all shots have an amount of mercury in them as a preservative. My sister and I started HCG with our new doctor, and she had been getting B12 injections by our previous doc, and our doc now told us definitely to NOT get B12 injection due to their mercury content, and then of course all of the endocrine diseases that can result from mercury. So maybe try another way, like a really good sub lingual B12. I just want to pass on the knowledge!
I've been taking the daily injections daily for 12 days now. I was previously on a strict diet and exercise plan before starting this program so the eating part I'm comfortable with. My boyfriend started experiencing inflammation and redness at the injection sites on the 8th day 'til today. We went in to the docs office that prescribed the shots and she said that it was nothing to worry about. Now he has to take benedryl everyday with his shot. This morning I noticed I had 2 red spots at my injection sites. What is going on? I kind of understand my boyfriend's reaction because he has sensitive skin but I surely don't. Anyone else taking injections and have this skin reaction? Also, I am questioning the potency of our product. I've only lost 8 lbs and am on my 12th day of injections. I never cheat, drink lots of water and I've already had an apple day because I plateaued on day 7. I even weighed myself this morning and apparently I gained a pound! That means another apple day :( I am no where near my ideal weight (doc says I can stand to lose 30 lbs). I noticed on the vial is says "HCG/MC/FA". What is this? Why do I have this extra stuff in there? Is that what's giving us a skin reaction? Do we have a bad batch?
I just finished up my 3rd round of HCG, I didnt have any side effects really. I was taking a B12/lipo shot along with the HCG, so I never felt tired or fatigued, and my blood pressure was always normal. As for the mood swings, I didn't have any of those either, and I think the B12/lipo shot helps with mood improvement. I always feel great when I'm on HCG.
I am reading this posts and am just shocked ......so far your post is the one that I can relate to.  I have lost 13 pounds in 8 days and i feel great mentally.  Definately dont have the energy that I had prior to hcg but if you think about it......you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound.  My body is working double overtime!!!!  
For those of you with negative comments about losing weight on a 500 calorie diet without hcg....I say try 500 calories a day without hcg.  You will probably end up in the hospital.  You have to read the material...I researched the hcg diet for 1 month prior to starting....once you understand how the hcg works......it bypasses your fat and muscle you need for energy and targets your abnormal fat.  I have lost 13 pounds in 8 days and my *** and my saddle bags are leaving me.  In the past when I would diet and lose weight I would see the weight lose in my forearms first!!  Who cares about skinny forearms??!!!  
I started the HCG diet 9 days ago and am down about ten pounds. I have had no side effects other than constipation. As a matter of fact, I feel good energy. I am now taking an herbal laxative morning and evening so That won't stop my progress. I have eaten crab, shrimp, fish, chicken, and lean ground beef. I would like to try the soups they talk about. My husband gives me my shots and does a great job. All of this is supervised by my doctor. I go weekly to be weighed, measured, and blood pressure monitored. So far so good. When I was doing Phase one, I didn't go crazy, but had pizza, fried chicken, bread, pastas and cheeses and steak. I had wine and dessert. It seems to have worked out well. I just bought a new bike! I am very excited. I, too, was on steroids for awhile and then had surgery on both feet. I have about 60 pounds to lose. But hey, it used to be 71 pounds just a week ago! I'm not complaining. I am 52 years old.
Has anyone experienced hair thinning on this diet? I read that this can be a side effect. I am a 38 year old female and my hair is already extremely thin. I am concerned about the possible loss of nutrients to the hair follicles also.
I am on day 9 of the diet...doing the HCG injections. I have lost around 7 lbs...of course, I did cheat on day 6....(pretty bad) but got right back on the diet the next day...I have noticed I don't have a lot of energy, but I am able to do my job and chores at home.  I have noticed an aching between my shoulder blades and occasional leg cramps...but the strangest thing is my voice! I have had a raspy voice..not really a sore throat, but my voice is hoarse...like laryngitis.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?
Thank you for your positveness. i am on day 5. I have experienced some loose stools but guessing that is the excess fat loss. How are you doing today on it? Also need suggestions for vegetables, I am doing the injections and being monitored by doctor.
I tried HCG, I wish I never had. I was 5'6, 142lbs, 36 dd, size 29 jeans... I say this because if you screw up at all on the HCG diet you are doomed!!' I gained all this fat in my stomach area that I never had before, my breasts SHRUNK a size and I gained 10 lbs!!!! What the eff!!  My body gained a bunch of weight and not in the right places. I'm completely pissed off.
Scurvy? Are you getting enough vitamin C?