HCG Side Effects
I started the HCG shots 4 weeks ago.  For the past 2 1/2 wks, I've had a rash on my neck.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Could I be allergic to HCG?  I've taken the phentermine before, so I don't think it's that.  Please let me know if anyone out there has had the same problem.

Thanks in advance!
hey everyone I am day 4 of the HCG diet and already lost 4lbs..i am so excited to be ride of this weight.  I do also have the tightening muscle in my stomach, I think it has to do with the hormone just like when you are pregnant
Has anyone had slight bleeding or cramping in the morning after injections?  almost like a very light period....
I am about to start the HCG protocol on April 27, 2010. I will keep this site posted regarding experience. My goal is to lose 25 pounds and change the thinks I put in my body for life.
spotting or early/extra periods is common and some people take potassium for muscle cramping
I took the injections for three days but have been experincing dizziness and lightheaded.Has this happen to anyone else ? please write back
I have been on the HCG drops for 14 days and have lost 12 pounds.  Yesterday I noticed itchy welts on the side of my neck that have now spread to my face and eyelid.  I saw earlier posts about this rash but does anyone else have anything to add?

I have also been absolutely starving since the 1st day on the 500 calorie diet.  I am told by my support group that I am one of the 10% that are hungry on the diet.  Has anyone been able to find a good appetite suppressor?
The very first day i started using the hCG drops i got all light headed, my body got extremely hot, i felt like i was going to be sick, and it felt as if i was moving in slow motion. In the past i have never fainted or had a dizzy spell, so to me it was a red flag since it was the first day of using the drops. I stopped using them that day because i did not want to experience that again
I have been on the drops for 7 days and 500 calorie diet for 5 days.  Only side effect is I'm thirsty!!!!!!  I only get hungry 30 mins to and hr b4 meal time.  Has anyone else tried adding different veggies to the protocal....broccoli, peppers, greenbeans or friut....watermelon (lower in nutrional value than a med. apple)?
Has anyone had a problem with constipation on the protocal?
I got a rash on my chest, back and neck 3 weeks into the injections.  The on my back and neck cleared up, the one on my chest was red, itchy then turned darker than my skin tone.  It has been 6 weeks and 2 weeks since I have finisged the program.  The rash has not gone away.  Although I lost 30 pds, I will not be doing  a second round, I'll be spending that money on laser surgery to remove these dark spots which are not going away.  Has anyone else had this problem?
I did the HCG injections for the 43 days. I lost 37lbs. I absolutely am sold on the diet and will be doing the 23 days next week. I have too now have some sort of rash. I have not gone to the Dr. so hopefully its a short term side effect.
I did the hcg diet a few months ago for twenty three days. Yes, I did get some constipation on the diet (your fiber intake isn't exactly normal) but from what I remember, you are allowed to take milk of magnesia to relieve the constipation. I just started another round and I'm in the beginning heck stage with the dizziness, headaches, and generalized weakness, but I experienced this the first time as well. It went away around the fifth day or so and I felt great for the rest of the days I was on the protocol. Hope this helps.
I have just completed R1D23 lost a total of only 14.8 pounds but that was because I cheated a few times...lol. The rash that people are getting is a detoxing your body is doing. Your body is the biggest organ so it gets rid of toxins through the skin. It will eventually go away. The headaches and dizzyness will eventually go away. If you feel you may pass out add a little extra protein for that day. People usually feel so much better after that. It is also recommended to take vitamins while on this. I took B-12 and potassium. If you are still feeling hungry on the second week then you need to adjust your intake. I was on the drops...i started out on 10 drops and had to increase to 14 drops.
I have a horrible rash on both arms and now on my legs. Nothing else has changed in my life except starting Hcg last week. I have a latex allergy and was wondering in the stopper in the drops was latex and having a delayed reaction (my throat was itchy for 3 days also). Stopped taking Hcg and rash worsens with sun light.
My co-workers and I started the hcg program - they were a week behind me and they both developed a gnarly rash over their entire body - I hadn't but I woke up this morning and have the rash over my entire body.  We live in Colorado - my sister lives in Georgia and she and her friends also did the program - we all got our hcg from the same source and none of them broke out in a rash.  Any ideas anyone?  My co-workers quit the program.  I am still on it because I only have a week left and I'm afraid that if I stop the injections before I'm supposed to that I will gain back the measley 7 lbs that I have lost.  I've stayed at the same weight for a week and a half even after the 'apple day'.  Has anyone gone off of this diet early and not gained the weight back?  I fully plan on loosing more afterwards - even though the warn against it.  I plan on doing it the old fashioned way - whole foods and LOTS of exercise!  My energy has been so down that I don't even get out on my daily walks these days. Not impressed.
I am taking the hcg and phentermine also.  I am itching on my arms and legs and feel itchy or tingly all over.. Anyone else have this problem. Is this a side effect ?  Should I keep taking it.  Also I have only lost 8 lbs. in 6 weeks.   I started at 145 and now am 137. I have cheated on the diet only at night.  When I started I only wanted to lose 20-25 lbs. and I thought it would go off quicker than this?  Why is my weight not coming off like the majority of you.I don't have extra energy and it does not suppress my appetite.  Why am I different?  Has anyone else experienced any of this ?  Help!!!  Sonshine
I am getting my first injection Friday.  My doctor's office makes you gain 5 lbs before you can start - I am miserable.  Any advice for me?
be careful because you will lose your hair bad
I have just done10 days on the drops and on day 6 developed tingling all over and had numbness in my fingures at night. I have just come off the drops as this feels a little scary. I may try again in a few days.
I did the HCG Drops last year and had good success.  I lost 28 lbs in my first 42 days.  I kept the weight off during my maintance program. My second round it was harder for me, as I changed jobs, alot of stress and in a new building and did not have access to a refrigerator to store my food.  I didn't do so well, not eating enough of what I needed.  I did notice on the second time around I started losing hair.  I eventually quit the drops and the low calorie diet.  After a few weeks my hair loss went away, I was not careful with my diet, I started eating sugars and carbs again and regained all my weight this last year.  I just bought a bottle of drops this morning and am planning on starting again in the next day or 2.  This is the only product that I had success on and I feel that the hair loss was due to not eating the 500 calories per day, not the HCG drops.  It is a very strict diet and you have to be determined to stay away from sugar and white carbs after the diet.  I feel I am ready now to make a life change.  I had no other side effects, other than sometimes being hungry, which I could have easily managed by eating more vegetables on the list.  The diet does get boring, but it is only for 42 days, then you get to start adding other food.  I never developed a rash with the drops either.  I will post more as I go along.  I have purchased my drops for a local health food store, last time I ordered online, as I hate needles.  I am hoping these drops are the same.  I also took potasium, calcuim and B12 supplements during my 42 days.  
I've added 198 mg of Potassium to my daily vitamin that I take with the diet as  I was getting muscle cramping.
It is okay to be moody.  I just think how moody I am being fat and not being able to fit into cute clothes or being able to walk up a flight of stairs with out getting winded.  I am tired of it.  I am on my first week lost 10 pounds.  So I see it is working.  My head is hurting some. The first day was bad bad. But my chiropractor told me it is because of all the toxins in the fat cells being released along with not eating what I am used to.  So the first week has been hard.  But I am turning 40 and made a decision to take a stance on my life.  And with with diet it just helps with metabolism and getting you on track to a healthy living.  I will take the moodiness and headaches for a few week than the rest of my life being fat.  It is hard but guys we have struggled all our lives it is our turn to be  happy, healthy, and fit.  WE WILL DO IT, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!!
I tried the natural drops of HCG with the supplement program from this website http://www.bodyhealth.com?ac=HEALTH
Per my holistic doctor who is also an MD.  I wouldn't have done this program if it wasn't offered by my doctor's suggestion.  But I'm glad he did:)

I lost 14 pounds in 23 days, which I was very happy even though I could have lost 23 pounds if I was able to stick with it for all 23 days 100% of the time. Yes, I was weak during social gatherings but I did apple days on the day of the events and all day after.

This HCG program was recommended by my doctor to lose weight and help balance my hormone issues.  It's like restarting my body.  The main side affects I did notice was the small rashes near my armpit, my hip/groin area, and my inside of my left fold of my arm in the 2nd week of the program.  He told me not to be alarmed, it's likely a sign of detoxing/hormonal balancing.  As your body consumes fat, normal toxins are released into your body but because of the high speed of our bodies consuming fat on the HCG diet, these toxins can build up and cause a minor rash.  The program breaksdown the fat cells which tends to store buildup toxins in the body.  So he also recommended to use Thayer's medicated witch hazel for the rashes, which I did and it helped a lot!  I bought mine from our local natural foods store.

I would say try out the HCG drop naturally, I'm so happy that I can finally fit into my button down shirt at work.  I now don't have to worry that when I sit down, that the buttons won't pop out which I know most heavy set people know what I'm talking about!  It really feel good.  I plan to go back on it again for phase 2!

I have been on the hgh diet 16 days and lost 13 pounds and the in are just rolling off...I am getting a rash I have noticed but still going strong, I have noticed I am getting a little hungry more than at first.Other than the rash I am doing good I am trying to be on it for another 20 days will the rash get better while taking hcg or after I am off ??? anyone
Hi Lighthouse2000,
If off, that's great news of your weight loss:)  What I was told by my doctor is that the rash will stay the same or it will be more noticeable due to how quickly your body is breaking down your fat deposits which contains toxins.  That's how you know the program is working for you, your skin is reacting to the releasing toxins.    

As your body consumes fat, normal toxins are released into your body but because of the high speed of our bodies consuming fat on the HCG diet, these toxins can build up and cause a minor rash.  The program breaksdown the fat cells which tends to store buildup toxins in the body.  

So if it's bothersome to you, my doctor recommended to use Thayer's medicated witch hazel for the rashes.  Just take a cotton ball or pad and soak it and apply to on the rash any time.  I applied it twice daily in the AM and before I go to bed in the PM.  
I bought mine from my local natural foods store. Good luck!

My daughter and I live in Northern Louisiana. We can not find any doctor or clinic that is close to give us the HCG shots.  I had the shots in Bossier City, LA in 1979 and in Ruston, LA in 1984 after my son was born. They stopped giving the shots in 1986 at the clinic that I attended and now I do not know where to have them done. My Physician said that they would give the shots to us if I can find where to get the meds from. Can someone please help. You can reach me at ***@****. Thanks, Naundiee
Thanks I will get some soon....
And I am still going strong everyone I know now wants to start...
I had started working out last december ad lost about 12 pounds. My weight lose stopped and I need something to give me a boost. My co worker told me about HCG. I started in February and 30 days later I was 25 pounds lighter. The diet was easy for me because I had started eating small meals last year. I also would work out lightly everyday weather it was walking or light weight lifting. I now weigh 149 and I have been off HCG for since Monday. I had no side effects and I can honestly say this is the best diet I have been on. This is a lifestyle chnage for me and I do't plan on eattig many sweets or fried foods. I work out for 45 minutes 4 days aweek and my muscle tone is looking great. Good luck everybody.
i have hi blood pressure, under control with linsopril and diltiazem. need to loose 50 lbs in 6 wks  for surgery on knees. any side effects or  other problems
I had took the hcg drops, about 3 weeks ago. First time ever trying them. I was consumming the the 3x 10 drops. I stopped taking them beacause of the side effects i got. Which was similar to morning sickness & also dizzyness. So, first week of taking them, well i started on a monday. So by friday i was so dizzy, and started to throw up. I drank water, sprite, & could not hold that down. Just came back out. So I thought maybe saltine crackers would help. No that didn't work came back out.I just couldn't hold anything down. It only lasted one day of the throwing up. The dizzyness lasted about 4 days. where i just wanted to lay in bed & sleep. That sunday, i finally got my butt out of bed, was dizzy, but was able to move more. food didnt sound to good, but i ate very little & that i held down. amen lol.  But I  had lots of fluids, such as water, power aide, even pedialite. Which i started to feel better. I did some research some say the drops are hormornal, coming from a pregnant woman, and you may get symtoms of being pregnant? Does anyone know if that is actually true? Also the dizziness, some say it last about 7 days, but i'm going onto a month i feel just a little bit light headed still, not to bad though. I do stuff i normally do still. I feel fine. i just feel nervous, & panic, because should i still be feeling a little light headed still? I've never felt this way. so i'm a little worried. May i remind, I was perfectly fine, before i took the drops. Could it be i just got a bad side effect? Can anyone give me some helpful feedback on this please.
I have already went through one protocol of HCG drops and 500 calorie diet.  I lost 15 pounds and feel great.  My only problem now is pain in my right side by my rib cage, not sure why or has anything to do with the diet.  I have not done anything out of the norm.  I am fixing to start round 2 of the protocol and is very excited to lose more weight.  Please if anyone else has had this pain let me know what you found out.  Thank you
I started the homeopathic HCG drops when I started the gorging phase at 205. I made sure I drank the amount of water in ounces for half of my then body weight. I also ate as organic as possible, got at least 7 hours of sleep at night. The water intake was hard at first but got better as the days went by. I stayed on the plan for four weeks and lost 20 pounds. I went to maintenance due to the 4th of July holiday. I am very careful to avoid starch and sugar.  I have maintained the weight loss and will start the plan again July 7th. I did develop a rash on the left side of my chest and immediately upped my protein and vegetable intake, kept up with the water intake, and did a liver and colon cleanse. The rash is almost gone.
I feel great and have a lot of energy. When on the low cal phase do yourselves a favor and do not exercise beyond a light walk in the evening. Avoid the heat and keep the water up! It is a good idea to take the recommended supplements every day.  Hunger for me was not a problem. Boredom was the culprit in the evening so I would bake an apple with cinnamon and Stevia and eat it warm or chilled. I found Crystal Light without preservatives made with Truvia and use that occasionally to flavor the water. Red raspberry ice is a good flavor. I bought the FCH diet gourmet cookbook by Tammy Skye and like most of the recipes. Keep it simple and prepared ahead of time...
I started the HCG and B12 inyection last Tuesday, almost a week ago. I lost 5 pounds so far but I am not sure if I should continue. Last Thursday I had an allergic reaction ( throat swollen). I though that the B12 was the caused of the reaction and I stopped it, but this morning I started feeling almost the same symptoms after I put my HCG. Have someone experimented similar symptoms?
I am 42 yrs old and have steadily put on weight over the past several years.  I was shocked to find out that the scale topped 189 pounds a few months ago, about the same time I first heard of the HCG diet.  I started HCG injections at the beginning of the summer through a reputable clinic, and have lost 28 lbs and two pant sizes (I have 5 injections left in this phase)!  Throughout the protocol I experienced a few, minor side-effects including headache (at the start of treatment lasting one week), leg cramps (alleviated by potassium supplements), and malaise (transient).  But last week, after weeks of successful HCG, I developed a rash on both legs and on the inside of my elbows. At first I thought it was poison ivy, and used cortisone cream and benedryl to alleviate itchiness.  It has been over a week, and the rash has spread to my back and trunk and has worsened on both legs.  I have continued the HCG, but now believe it is a reaction to the HCG itself.  If this is a detox thing, I'm not sure I can bring myself to finish the protocol (I am miserable!). Any suggestions?
I, too, have started with a rash on my inner things and stomach.  From reading these forums, I've learned that it is due to the detoxing our bodies are doing and the release of these toxins through our skin.  I also read that Thayer's Medical Witch Hazel can help so I plan on going out this weekend and buying it.  In my opinion, it's such a small negative compared with the positives I am gaining from this diet.  I'm only on my 5th day of VLCD and I've already lost 9.6 pounds.  I'm so thrilled!!!
I did the HCG diet with the drops for forty days. I lost 18 pounds in the first 10 days and nothing after that. I had headaches, was weak and tired, and was always hungry and energyless. Now it is 3 months later and I was not feeling well. Went to the Dr. and ended up having an Ultrasound, Triple CT scan, and MRI of my liver. The results showed that my liver is enlarged, I have cirhosis, and multiple adenomas. Now I have to see a liver specialist 2 hours from where I live and may have to have surgery. I was never informed of any side effects or things that could happen just all of the weight I could lose and how much I owed the Dr./chiropractor for the program. The research that I have done in the last week states that hormones and steroids can be a cause of an enlarged liver and cirhosis. I don't know what caused this but I will be sure to mention the HCG diet when I see the specialist.
HCG can give u gall stones....I took the medical grade stuff and lost my Gall Bladder due to this stuff. Thats what My Doctor told me. I had pains in my side pains in my neck swallen nodes in my neck all from HCG. Yes it helps you lose weight at the cost of other problems had I known this I would not have taken HCG!!
i experienced excessive uterine bleeding after taking hcg drops for 30 days. due to the excessive bleeding my hemo dropped. now i have slight pain in my stomach. has anyone else experienced this?
did your specialist say it was the hcg drops that caused your liver problems?
did the specialist say it was the hcg drops that caused your liver problem?
I lost 37 pounds on HCG on the second round I developed tightening under my left ribs, I have since been off of it, tried to restart and the pressure was almost unbearable, I feel extreme fullness and pressure even when I eat very same portions, and drink fluids, I've heard from 2 other people that they too were experiencing the same symptoms, I've had a colon and stomach scoped and they found nothing that would be causing these symptoms, now their sending me to do ultra sound and imaging of my spleen and liver, I'll update the results when they come in.
Be careful with regards to the rash.  If you are experiencing you should have your blood tested for increased liver enzymes.  Specifically your ALT and AST's.  As your liver is damaged these levels will increase subsequently causing a rash.  Fortunately this program is short in duration so the rash does not get too bad.  Just sayin.
After taking hcg drops for a week in a half my tongue started to turn white but I brushed it and it went away. I lost 8 pounds and that week and I didn't really eat not did I take any vitamins. Do any one else experience dry mouth or change in tongue color briefly?
I've been on the hcg drops for 1 wk I have now for 2 days a rash on my face feels hot and dry what should I do?
So I've been doing the HCG inj for about a week and some days and I just recently broke out  in a rash first on my neck then on my arms and Idk if its the HCG or what? Can anyone tell me what to do? Do you guys think I should discontinue it?
Yes I have had the same thing and nausea.  I stopped as directed when I got my period.  This period was so abnormal, I had clots and felt so sick to my stomach.  Period is done and stomach and ribs still bothering me and I have nausea and a headache.  Didn't loose any weight either in the two weeks I took in prior to my period.
Hello

I've been on the HCG 23 day injections diet for 6 days now and have started to feel some discomfort underneath my left breast right at the top of my left rib cage. The discomfort comes and goes- mostly at night. It's literally at the top of my left rib cage. I first noticed this discomfort after completing an apple day. I'm also starting to feel some middle back (right and left side) discomfort. Most of these feelings come at night an hour or so before I go to bed (10pm).

I'm thinking of going back to the physician who I received these injections from to have my urine tested.
I'm not sure if its my liver or kidneys. Besides the discomfort in those areas, I feel fine. I have energy, not hungry- lite hunger pangs at night and have been sleeping great.

I started at 160 and am down to 155 in 5 days. My goal is 140 by the time I'm done with the injections. I don't want to stop, but will if these discomforts are a sign of organ failure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
-Lisa
I am in horrendous yeast infection trouble! It took me way to long to realize what it was. it's everywhere. On all creases of my body and even spread to my scalp. While researching it I found out that a pregnancy [hcg!] is contraindicated with yeast infection. I wish this was better known. There was nothing else that could have triggered it.
I have just finished round one of HCG. I started singular once daily at the same time. I have an enlarged liver. I don't know if it was the HCG, rapid weight or just the fact that I may have already had a fatty liver with no symptoms prior.

I will need to baby my liver for a while too!