Weight Loss Alternatives Community
HCG and Dr. G in Huntersville, NC

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

HCG and Dr. G in Huntersville, NC

I was in the process of filing out my paperwork for WLS and then I learned about HCG. I'm excited about getting started.  How long did it take to get your appt. w/Dr. G? Please let me know what your experience has been with him. I need to lose about 150 pounds. So daunting. Need help quickly. What was your regiment? How many shots, weekly, what appetite suppressant(s), dosage and frequency? I had a hysterectomy last year and I have my right ovary left. Would this present a problem? How much weight have you lost? Have you kept it off? Do you mind sharing what you ate each day? How many calories, fat grams, protein? Please share as much as you'd like. I need tons of info because I have so much to lose. I'm in Charlotte and would like to join a support group if there's one around.

Best of luck in your journey. I can't wait for mine to start.

AC
Hi gang!  I just visited Dr. Girouard today in Huntersville and he's wonderful.  I felt so good and welcomed by his staff.  The shot was a piece of cake.  My first appetite suppressant will be tomorrow morning.  I'm excited and I can't wait to get started losing weight.

More later.

Have a great evening.

AC
Hi there! I see Dr. G in Huntersville this week.  What happens at the first visit?

Thanks!

jmbw
During the first visit.  You fill out 2 pages of registration forms/signature pages.  Then you get called pretty quickly to a room to watch a video about 20 minutes long.  Then you go back to the waiting room, get called to talk to someone about your weight loss goals, etc. then you go to his waiting room and he'll come get you in about 10 minutes.  Talk to you for about 15-20 minutes.  He can fill your RX for appetite suppressants in his office then you go to the nurse to have your first shot.  You can chose to take the shots home (I did).  Small needle - no biggie.  You don't feel it.  Then you go to checkout tell them that you want to take your shots at home, they will give you a bag with 3 filled syringes of HCG, you pay and go home.  While int he waiting room, I talked to others and overheard some of their comments.  No one was unhappy with their results and was very glad to share their experience.

Good luck and please let me know how things go.  I think you'll be pleased.
Hi- I went to Dr G today and got my 1st shot.
I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and Dr G so is awesome!!! He is so nice.
My step mom and I went in together and started this journey to be skinny again together! It is so great to have someone to do it with!
We watched the video and learned alot of things- it would be nice if they could give you a copy of that DVD before you go home so you could watch it again when you get home to help things sink in!
I did not feel the shot at all- I had no idea she had even given it to me until I seen her throwing the needle away.
The lady who checked us in as far as weight and all that was very nice and she actually started the shots and appetite supressants 5 weeks ago and she has lost 35 lbs and dropped 3 pants sizes. That just amazes me!
I am looking forward to my 4 week appt.
I had originally scheduled my appt for August 1 and then my step mom decided she wanted to do it to and so she calle them and got them to schedule us for today(WED) she actually called Monday and got an appt that fast! He was very busy when we were in there today but they get you in and out quickly!
There was a lady in there today that called at 10am and was scheduled for 11:15 same day! So, I would say you have a great chance of getting in the same day if you live close!
Good Louck to everyone and if anyone would like to email me privately and ask any questions feel free to at ***@****.
Hey there!
I was in Dr. G's office also today in Huntersville.  The staff was great.  I agree about the video, very informative, but would have been nice to be able to refer back to it.

I must have had the same nurse, very nice lady, and I was impressed by her weight loss.

We will all have to stay in touch since we started the same time!  Best of luck to all of you.

Jodi
I started this past Wednesday. Shot was a breeze and everyone so friendly. Dr.G is so nice and you will all like him for the ones who have not been yet. I have been doing the 30g. of protein before 10:00am each day. I use Advantage Shake. I have not been hungry at all. I also get a protein shake called Pro to Go and great tasting protein bars from www.ishophere.biz My favorites are chocolate cookie dough, toffee, and butter pecan bars.They are not too high in price and you can get free shipping. I am so excited about this program. Good luck to us all.
Do you do your injections in the stomach or arm?  Weekly or 3 x week?  What is your dosage?  Does he follow a 500 cal diet or 800 to 1200?  I am doing some research before I make an appt.  Just curious.

Also, did any of you have headaches?  I've read about people complaining of headaches with the HCG injections.
I have been on the HCG shots for a little over a week now. The first shot I took I did have a small headache but when I just took my 2nd shot I did not have any side effects from it.
In a week I have lost about 9lbs and 3 inches total. I am very pleased with my results and can't wait to see what the next 3 weeks brings me!!!
I've been on Dr. G's program since 7/18/06 and I'm so happy with the results so far.  I've lost 10 pounds since I last weighed myself.  My 1 month follow-up is on 7/15.  I can't wait to see what the results are.

I'm not having any trouble with side effects, headaches, giving myself the shot or anything.  It's all working out well.

I'm sure I've lost inches.  I didn't measure myself that way but I can certaily tell in my clothes.  I feel great and have a ton of energy and sleeping better than ever.  One other thing ... it's improved my libido :) that was a pleasant unexpected bonus.

Good luck to all and I can't wait to do my follow-up.  Also wanted to follow-up with the others on this board.  Jodi (JMBW), want2beskinnyagain, skinnyagain and WANNABETHIN.  Please let me know how you're doing.

AC
Thanks for the link for the "candy bars".  I am curious why take 30g of protein before 10am?
Where is this office how do I get to them?
I just took my 2nd shot yesterday and I have been amazed with my results so far.
In just one week I lost 9 lbs and 3 inches. I can tell you that I have been taking in 30 grams or more of my protien
in the morning alone with the appetite suppressant.
I began taking this because both my aunt and my cousin found it hard to loose wait, until they began this w / Dr. G ( Clemmons, NC ) My Aunt had lost 27 pounds and my Cousin has lost 60 in 3 months.
where is dr g office located at
I am in desperate need of some advice and an overview of what you can and can not eat, drink etc... I am also taking HCG, but I am having very little luck.

I have not heard the 30g before 10am rule?

Please help! I was so hopeful, but now disheartened.

I love the treatment I've been going to Dr.Girouad for one month inand 3weeks Ive lost 21 pounds so far!!!! This really works!!!!! The only problem is starting the 2nd month is so much harder then the first one. The first month I lost 17 pounds and so far this month only 4pounds but my sister also goes there and the first month she lost 34 pounds it was amazing!!!! and the second month she lost 29
Hi my name is Elesha Mattos and I live in Reisterstown Maryland.  I was wondering if there were any locations in Maryland, I use to live in Huntersville NC. and went to Dr. G at that time, I have gained some of the weight back and would love to loose it.  What are Dr. G's business hr. now? because I could always fly in to see him if that is the only location.  If any one knows the answers to my questions please email me at ***@****
Is there a Dr. G in Charlotte, NC?