Weight Loss Alternatives Community
IS HCG SAFE ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

IS HCG SAFE ?

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a naturally occurring hormone produced by the placenta. HCG supports the normal development of an egg from the ovary and can induce ovulation. HCG also stimulates the production of androgens in men and progesterone in women.

HCG is used to induce of ovulation (the release of an egg from the ovary) and to assist in getting pregnant. HCG is also used to stimulate the descent of undescended testicles in boys before puberty and to replace hormones in males with a pituitary deficiency.

What is the most important information I should know about HCG?

Treatment with HCG increases the likelihood of multiple births. Multiple births carry additional risk both for the mother and for the babies.

A small percentage of female patients treated with HCG have developed the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS), especially after the first cycle of therapy. Symptoms of OHSS include severe pelvic pain, swelling of the hands or legs, abdominal pain and swelling, shortness of breath, weight gain, low urine output, diarrhea, and nausea or vomiting. OHSS can be fatal. Notify your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical attention if you develop any of these symptoms.

Do not use this medication if you are pregnant. HCG is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that HCG is known to cause birth defects in an unborn baby.
The information that you provided is perfectly true. You don't, however, seem to realize that the amount of hCG a pregnant woman between weeks 25 to birth of baby has an hCG level for single baby of 3,640 to 117,000 mIU/ml or IU/L. Most of the people who are taking hCG and post this forum only take 125 IU......which is a whole lot lower than that of a pregnant woman.

I got my hCG level stats from http://www.birth.com.au/class.asp?class=6620&page=8 so you can go look it up too!

Also, the clinic that I go to does not allow any patient to do the hCG or appetite suppressants while they are pregnant. I don't know about anyone else, but I know that where I go has that policy.

Travis
good luck to you. be safe..you are aware of the true side affects correct ?
birth defects ? long term..etc... ?? if not ill be happy to post for you..if not..be safe be healthy..
I am sure women would be concerned with birth defects if they were doing a much higher dose. As I said in my previous post, where I go does NOT allow pregnant/nursing women to do the hCG.
lol well posted son...good luck to you be smart.. be safe..be healthy
If I am currently on HcG as a diet protocol....should I stop it first before using Clomid or just use both until I ovulate and pregnancy test is positive
I just had a little common sense hit me this fine sunny morning as I'm sitting in Cairo Egypt that I think many of you common sense HUMANS will appreciate! 1st as many of you who are using or have used the HCG for dieting have been enthuzed by the GREAT results that this diet can give you moreover many of us have done this many many many ok one more many time and had no problems at ALL! I understand that's not considered proof if millions of people do something and their hasn't been a SINGLE fatal nor BAD reaction to use HCG and you know the FDA(Fraudulent drug administration) Would be all over this and they are itching so bad to shut down any alternative medication as they work for the pharma companies and not the people!  I ask you a simple question which is safer HCG or cigarettes-alcohol oh don't forget your daily joint of pot that is increasingly becoming LEGAL oh and normal because it's ok if the medical community indorse it and don't forget the good ole FDA says it's ok, just like they said that vaccines were great an took them more than 20 years after many trials for the to take mercury out of vaccines and what is funny is that our grandparents and parents had much less disease rates than we do and many of them didn't have more than a hand full of vaccines if any, now you are going to use common sense to to say WELL they didn't eat unhealthy foods they didn't drink poisonous water and didn't smoke or tobacco was closer to natural than the poisons added these days I will say WELL yes but how and why did things become this bad to the point that people accept being poisoned and KNOW they are prone to more diseases and unhealthy life styles than ever before but they do it anyways!  Ok if you where asked who is to regulate the few poisonous items we talked about like water(research the unregulated bottled water industry) the substance abuse/food industries as they are mostly owned by the tobacco and pharma companies!  Oh my GOD is this true oh my GOD our water isn't safe what's the FDA doing about this shouldn't we tell them!  I think they know! It's NOT their job the regulate in the favor of the citizen or general population.  THEY work for BIG PHARMA and anyone WILLING to pay big bucks period its become so obvious you would have to move to a different plant to not notice this.  Now having that said I'll explain to you why you being if I can SAY in a polite way FAT and HAPPY is in the total benefit and is the goal of the FDA and the people that set it up in the first place please do some research on the fda and its foundation and history. First most diseases are directly or indirectly related to obesity which is at record levels in the USA bar none even in Europe the percentage is much lower oh I know why because they have a socialistic health system that’s way people are healthier!  I thought that was bad?  Ok again don't believe everything you hear. lol back on track sorry it;s the sun it makes me happy and thus bubbly as I'm sick of winter coming from MN ok the pharma co. need you to stay sick so they make the big buks and the best way to do this is for you to be a LIFE LONG customer for example being diabetic and we all know it starts with obesity in most cases oh there's another one call heart disease of course it's family related and it's just in your genes so eat your way to death or we can give a pile for life how about bad joints and surgery well we got just the thing for you they don't cost much in America just your life savings oh I forgot your insurance co. will cover that, how about maybe or NOT!  For most average Joes’, ok Marys’ to.  Conclusion besides me being a nut is that when the FDA says something is bad it’s more than likely good!  Please don't drink nor eat the cleaning products under the sink the fda was probably right about those because they DO kill. lol but use your common sense, why would a hormone be ok to give to a 2 year child for under developed testicles, without any worry of side effects but the moment someone takes that %1000 NATURAL hormone over a 20-30 days meaning one tenth of the amount that didn't HARM the child and that was recommended for him is now going to give you side effects that ARE deemed dangerous oh ya and 500 cal is the back breaker because if you don't eat 2000 cal a day you will die as if the rest of the world gets to eat as many cals as the westerners' do!  So HCG doesn't kill you because your mother had you soaking in this stuff for many months and guess what you came out alive and healthy! OK 500 cal for 20-30 days will NOT kill you either don’t forget you have plenty to loose before death!  What is funny is that your doctor will recommend the lemon diet which is water and lemons for 7 days without any food/calories and he doesn’t get in trouble for that, and you if do your research you will find that this along with fasting are GREAT ways to stay healthy but 500 cal/day is BAD!!!  HELLO COMMON SENSE moreover, even if HCG doesn't help so what's your excuse now you can only lose weight and if it's just a placebo like some want to label it so be it as long as you get results that make you happy with this combination you are safe as well.  So there you go, oh one last thing your doctor probably doesn't know much about it either because he studied the text books that the pharma companies put together in order for him to become a doctor although they are not ALL non thinking book worms most have been conditioned to not think out of the box because this will have them fired or sued, The system is very well put together to keep you under the tyranny of big corporate government!  Hey I feel like having an HCG injection oh for you guys worried about sagging boobs that's a lie to, because if you are considering this chances ARE you already have them! Sorry don’t shoot the messenger.  Jump on youtube to see how many people have changed their lives by doing this.  OK these statements have NOT been reviewed nor approved by the FDA so you are still on your own!  Life is too short take a chance especially a healthy one.  Good luck I hope this helps.