Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Low calorie diets dont work for me...Insulin Resistance?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

I have been on a diet for 10 years solid- other than when I was pregnant four times.  After my first baby I lost 26 at WW and felt great.  Along came baby#2 immediately.  AFter that I tried WW again and only lost 16 after 8 months on WW!  Stayed at the 160 range and VERY unhappy (I am 5"3) and got pregnant with #3.  After #3 I tried WW again and only lost 5 lbs in 6 MOS!  Tried Metabolic Research Ctr (ketosis diet) and lost 40 lbs in 4 mos.  It was like a miracle for me- melted off all fat and I was down to 128 and VERY happy- but every time I tried to go into maintenace I would gain 10 lbs right away!  This left me very cranky, although happy with my weight, but never feeling like I could relax at all.  Suddenly I was pg w/ #4 and after delivery I tried to lose but GAINED more weight while breastfeeding for 13 mos.  I tried Jenny Craig and lost 5 pounds in 4 mos.  MISERABLE.  I was barely eating and losing nothing.  I strongly feel I may have Insulin Resistance.  I have just moved overseas (for 2 years) and with all the changes in my entire life I have gained ANOTHER 20 in 6 mos.  Now I am 180 and absolutely my lowest.  I am using the meal tracker...my meals are only reaching 1100 cals, I am doing carbs in the form of fruits and veg, and a bit of breads but NO LOSS.  If I do have IR- can anything be done for me as far as meds?  I keep hearing "diet and exercise"- I do both and make myself sick I am so tired.  Its my first thought in the morning and last at night.   How common is IR?  I feel like ANY carbs in my day add to weight storage and then gain...I dont drink or smoke and I do lots of walking.  The only time I was successful was with the ketosis diet.  HELP!!  I can't lose weight!  How low should my calories go?