MIC Injections
Is anyone taking MIC injections? Is there a web site that explains these in details? What's in them? Side effects?, etc. I'm new to this site, but all the posting are old. I was wondering if the MIC injections are something that people still use, or is it a fad.
MIC injections are made up of Methionin, Inositol, and Choline. Sometimes vitamin B-12 is added. People with sulfa allergies are warned against taking this injection(due to the methionine). Methionine, inositol and choline are amino acids. My husband uses this injection in his clinic to help boost liver function while on the hcg diet. I don't know if they can be used for weight loss by themselves. They usually are prescribed for once a week injections but can be done up to twice a week.
I am 5'4" and weighed 150 and I was eating 1700-1800 calories and excercise 4-6 days a weeks.  4 days weights split body parts with one day full body and 4-5 days of cardio (boxing, sprints, spinning, turbo kickboxing and yoga). I constantly mix it up.  I had a baby 2 years ago and was very fit and happy with my weight at 135.  For the past 2 years I have not been able to get these last 10-15 lbs off so I tried the B12 and MIC shots.  It has been 3 weeks and I have lost 6 lbs.  I am happy but not sure what happens after I stop.  Does anyone have any feedback on this?  I do believe in excercise and clean eating but I reached a plateau and could not break it!  Thank you!
May I advise you to test your hormones; my hormones were off and I was 5 ft 3 205 lbs, I had way too much estrogen; I have been on natural bio-identical hormones since, replacing what my body needs;I lost 30 lbs in 90 days on natural hormones including thyroid, progesterone, DHEA, and testosterone made for MY BODY. Yes you need a doctor to order the test and rx for proper hormone balance. You could have too little estrogen or progesterone and you will struggle with your weight loss until you balance it out....get your TSH, T3, T4, estradiol, progesterone, DHEA, cortisol and testosterone tested!!!!   Those shots are ok, but not for weight loss...
I lost 40 lbs and kept it off for over 2 yrs.  I gained the weight back  because I had a fall and injured my knees.  I have not been able to afford the injections again, but I can tell you they really helped me lose weight, and I did not seem to gain weight right after.