Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Phen stopped working. any help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Phen stopped working. any help?

I lost 17 lbs the first 3 weeks i took phen. It helped so much. I took about a month off after that. I started again 3 weeks ago and i only lost 5 ibs. The phen isnt suppressing my appetite any more. So im eating a bit more then wanted. Has anyone taken another pill, like an otc pill along with phen? Or is there another pill that works?
How much were you eating the first time you took it when you lost weight?  I have only been on it for a week and I can't hardley eat anything.  I am getting worried that I am really getting to hungry and not knowing it and I am going to pass out or something.  My dr. told me to eat 1000 calories a day but I have nto been able to eat that much.  Is that how it was with you when you first started it?
Yes, I wasnt hungry but I maybe had an apple for lunch and chicken breast for dinner, a few no fat pringles. Not much at all.Lots of water. After the 3 weeks I lost 17lbs. I stopped after that for about a month. I started again 3 weeks ago but now my body is use to the phen and im feeling hungry alot more often. I wa trying to see if anyone on here takes another pill along w/ phen, like an otc or something. I read on weightlossforums.com that there's a ephedra57 or something like that, that works great also.
you can buy epedrine at the pharmacy. you give them your drivers license info and the keep record due to the meth thing, but ephedrine is not illegal
You should add 5-htp to your regimen. It's all natural & will increase the effectiveness of the Phen. You can also do a search on it. Just don't take more than 300 mg per day. HTH
You build a resistance to anything you take, so that mightbe why you dont feel the same effects. Also, when you lose wight, you lose a percentage of body fat. If you have more fat to lose, the percentage will show a bigger number, so the thinner you get, the less that will come off in the same time frame.

Thats why you always hear how the "last 20+ pounds take so long" its because you can only lose a percentage at a time.

If you think of it in terms like this...

If you weighed 300 pounds andlost 2 percent body fat a week = that would be 6 pounds.

If you weighed 200 pounds and lost 2 percent body fat a week = that would be only 4 pounds.

Its not that the 200 lb person is losing less weight, in fact they are losing the SAME body fat percentages, its just showing differently.

I hope that helps.

SO if you wanted to weight 150, and you were at 170 now...it would be like 3 lbs and get smaller and smaller every week since your weight is less and less.

I swear it takes just as long to lose 20 pounds at the end, as it did to lose the first 50. Frustrating, but thats the way it is. =/

Also - if you weigh less and less, you get ore energy, you move more, you are more active, and that makes your body require more food for fuel. Dieters panic over this because they feel they are cheating eating more than they did, but its your body saying HEY I NEED FUEL!!!!! If you starve it, then it will lower your metabolism to store fat for later use.
Phentermine Diet Pills Review and Information

Phentermine diet pills belong to the category of centrally acting drugs known as amphetamines.

How does Phentermine work?

Phentermine diet pills stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and produce a feeling of satiety (fullness). It is speculated that this action, along with as yet undetermined effects on the metabolism are responsible for the loss of appetite seen with this class of drugs. Phentermine can be appropriate for individuals whose eating habits or behavior alone is responsible for excessive weight gain.

Research into the effectiveness of Phentermine diet pills shows an average weight loss of 2-8 kg more than placebo for the same duration of treatment.

Obesity predisposes one to higher risks of heart attacks, strokes, gallstones, certain cancers, and a low body image. Generally, a body mass index of 30 kg/m2 (or slightly less in the presence of other disorders like hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia) is considered a significant risk factor of these complications.

Note: Body Mass Index is calculated as so... BMI=weight(kg)/ [height(m)2]. You can use this online BMI calculator to determine yours!

Typically, medical intervention in obesity starts with diet therapy for four weeks, along with an appropriate exercise regime. If this fails to achieve an average weight loss of 0.5kg/week (approximately 1 pound/week) then drug therapy may be recommended. However, underlying hormonal or metabolic diseases should be ruled out prior to initiation of drug therapy.

Phentermine Treatment Guidelines:

The weight loss produced on Phentermine diet pills is greatest during the first few weeks of therapy. The beneficial effect then wears off gradually. Phentermine is therefore best for short term weight management. The drug has to be taken with a restricted calorie diet to produce maximum benefit.

Caution is advised when Phentermine diet pills are taken along with other drugs that act on the brain and the heart. If co-administered with other weight loss drugs such as Fenfluramine, it has been found that they increase the resistance to blood flow in the lung and even cause defects in the heart valves.

Phentermine should never be given along with MAO inhibitors (a class of antidepressant drugs) for fear of acute elevations in blood pressure. If the patient is already on MAO inhibitors, then Phentermine should be started at least two weeks after treatment with the MAO inhibitor has terminated.

The safety of Phentermine diet pills in pregnant and breastfeeding mothers has not been studied enough. It is recommended that the drug not be used in these groups. It has also not been tested sufficiently in younger age-groups, and should not be prescribed to children less than 16 years old.

The drug is also not recommended if pre-existing anxiety states, severe hypertension, advanced coronary heart disease, dysfunction of the heart valves, drug abuse, glaucoma or hypersensitivity to this drug class are known or suspected.

Alcohol consumption may also produce an adverse drug reaction.

At the end of the four week treatment period, the therapy needs to be reevaluated in every case. At the end of this time, a weight reduction of at least 2 kg should have been achieved. This is a predictor that the drug is going to work in a particular individual. If this minimal weight loss is not achieved, a different class of drug may need to be used.

Hmmmmm....copy & paste without any other commentary.  No you're NOT fightu!!!!
hmm..do facts bug you ,son ??
yep, its him
only worry about 1 thing...proof son..PROOF....=)
My comment had nothing to do with what you did or did not "prove" in your post. My point was the fact that you are FightU and that you just changed your name. I saw in another post that you basically admitted that you were FightU.

Just one piece of advise, you need to read the rules of posting on this forum using multiple names!
Just one piece of advice, you need to read the rules of posting on this forum using multiple names!
TMAN..READ IT..ITS TO ONI..  ?? HUH ? FIGHTU IS STILL HERE..READ THE POST DATES ...
I ENJOY THE FACTS THANKS ...MY DOC HAS ME ON  PHENTERMINE...AND IT IS ALWAYS GOOD TO KNOW JUST WHAT U R TAKING .THANKS
The Dr that has me on pertermine told me to start out taking a half in the morning, and if i start to feel hungry in the evenings that i just need to tak it later in the day like right before lunch (well an hour b4) that way it will last till after dinner, since lunch and dinner times are when i wanna eat more! I don't really like to eat a hole lot in the mornings, so that made sense to me! She said after awhile... like a month or so i might have to take a hole pill in the moring, if my body gets use to it! Hope that helps!
MINE ARE 15 MG AND I KEEP READING SOME ARE BREAKING THERES IN HALF THE 37.5 MG BUT MINE ARE CAPSULES ?