Weight Loss Alternatives Community
Releana

This patient support community is for discussions relating to weight loss alternatives, programs, and dietary supplements.

Releana

Has any one experienced side effects while using releana?
Is the realena as effective as injections..........does it reset the hypothalamus (sp) gland........does the weightstay off....
releana has shown to be as effective as the hcg injections without side effects and helping patients easily keep the weight off in over 100 patients in our clinic.  William Nelson, NMD Chandler, AZ
I used Relena and lost more inches than lbs.  It was easy at first but then I stopped because I kept having break through bleeding memopause for 11/2 years ???? Could never get ahold of the doctor to asks if this was normal..  no call back.
After 1 year I did gain some of the weight back but am at it again knowing I will drop more and keep all my weight off this time.
Jilly Bean
I used Releana for about two weeks. I started to have swelling in my arms and legs, that I never had before starting Releana.  I stopped using it (2 days ago because I broke the bottle). I'm not purchasing anymore because of the swelling, and I don't think it helped me drop the 15lbs I've lost. The high calorie-restriction is what made me drop the weight and I'm still losing.  Besides, the taste of it always made me gag!  LOL!
I am just starting Releana today is my first day...so I will let you all know how it goes!  I just completed my 2 days of load up--even though I really didn't load up as I have been doing low carb.  I did eat a piece of cake and some rice over this weekend so hopefully this will be enough fat.  I hope I am not too hungry because I fixed my lunch/dinner and it is not a lot of food :(.  I am used to low carb and eating meat and cheese and stuff....so this is going to be drastic!  But I am hoping for the last 20 -30 lbs to come off this month of Releana treatment...!  
Before I started using Releana I had already been watching what I ate, low carb and low fat so the 2 days of loading was hard me also.  At first I didn't think it was helping but once I started moving, walking 45min - 1 hr at least once a day I'm seeing results.  Since May 22nd I've lost 19 lbs and feel a lot better.  I haven't measure but I can tell in clothes where the weight is coming off.  Only thing I've noticed is hair loss, anyone else have this happen??  I've never experienced this before and I'm a little nervous about it now.  Any ideas?  
I am a 46 years old female. 3 years ago I was on the program called OptiFast and I lost 35 pounds in 3 months. However I did have to stop because I was having gallbladder attacks. I did holistically take the gallstones out by doing the gallbladder flush (olive oil, epsom salts, grapefruit juice). I know it worked because of the Ultra Sound that was taken before and after of my gallbladder. I also have been trying to eat raw food and not alot of meat and chicken.

My question is... I really want to do this program but I am afraid of having a gallbladder attack again. What do you think is the risk in me going on the RELEANA program and it triggering a gallbladder attack?

I am willing to try it but would just like to get the opinion of another doctor or of anyone else who might have had any kind of experience with this program and gallbladder problems.

Thank you for your comments.
Susan
I started Releana three months ago, and I am down 35 pounds, no side effects and there is no injection it is liquid for under my tongue.  I do a vitamin B shot once a week though.  It has been a miracle for me!  I am 50 and nothing worked anymore.  I went from a 16 to a size 8 in this three months and the energy is unbelievable.  I have more energy at 50 than when I was 20.  I am under doctor care.  This is the hormone that your body  produces when you are pregnant and not being pregnant and going on a low fat diet it has sucked the fat out of me!  Weight wise I should only be down to a size ten but the inches are more than I expected and now my DREAM GOAL SIZE of 8 is down to a 6!  
I am on day 7 of my Releana program--it has been A LOT harder than expected--Besides being SO hungry--I have felt very light headed, nauseous, and occasionally heart palpatations.   It is always worse in the morning.  Is this a normal part of the program and does the hunger eventually lessen???
How do you go about getting Releana? I live in PA and I have been on the Releana website, but it is in California. THanks for any information.
I heard about Releana through the doctor I was seeing.   He specializes in  alternative medicine and had information posted in his office.  I then, inquired about the program and got started.  I would think most alternative practices would be familiar with Releana.  
  I am now on day 11 and feeling a lot better than I was on day 7--the hunger is subsiding and I have lost 11lbs. so far.
alternative medicine DR., I am not too familar with that, i have always just used my PCP or an actual weight loss dr. How would I go about looking into finding a Alternative med Dr.? THat is great about your weight loss! Thanks again for the info and any other information you may have.
I am on week 5 of my Releana program.  I have lost 20 lbs but better than that I have lost 44 inches in all the right places!  My clothes were falling off of me.  I went from a size 10 to a 6 in just 5 weeks.  

Side effects...yes!  My cellulite is almost gone, the fine lines on my face are disappearing, my hair is shiny and healthy like when I was in High School, all my stomach problems are no longer ...all side effects have been benefits!

I was tossing and turning between injections and the Releana and I am so glad I found the Releana!
I saw joifulee (above) this weekend for the first time since she started Releana and all I can say is WOW!  She is Itty Bitty and looking Super Sexy!  I am a Chiropractor and I know so many people that could benefit overall health by losing weight. I have done extensive research on HCG weight loss therapy so that I could make recommendations both to my patients and family. In this country we are plagued with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, obesity and joint pains. Ironically we have the power ourselves in most cases to better our health without medications for each illness.  Weight loss is the first step. Unfortunately over and over I see patients REALLY TRY to lose weight and are unsuccessful. Most of these patients are females mid 40's + in other words heading towards menopause. They diet and exercise and it just doesn't come off like it use to. After getting no results they get frustrated and quit. I believe in doing all that you can first to heal yourself first before medicine except in life threatening circumstances. Do you eat a gylcemic indexed diet, exercise, get enough sleep, drink enough water and take nutrients? If you can answer yes then I believe that medicine maybe the answer.
The truth is nobody really knows or agrees how HCG works. Actually if you read medical reviews there is little difference between HCG and very low calorie diets. I ask myself then why over and over do people swear that it helped them? And I SAW the results on joifulee who is one of my patients and has struggled with her weight ever since menopause. I about fell over!
There is so much about medicine that can not be explained. Just because no one can prove how it works, does not mean that it doesn't work. It goes for all medicine that it won't ever work on EVERYONE even when they can explain it.
There is little good research out there. Many of the studies were flawed and there are so few. The side effects are undocumented and long term benefits or side effects are unknown.
It comes down to looking at the benefits against the risks of being overweight. The dosage is small. It is a naturally occurring hormone which means our bodies recognize it. The treatment is short term. Although I would rather see my patients take it sublingually first before injections. After all I have read I recommended it to my mother. She starts Friday. Which does more damage? Being overweight or taking HCG? It is still to be determined but certainly in some cases I believe it's worth a try!
Dr. K
I lost 42 pounds in 3 months and have kept it off. My clothes have dropped two dress sizes and continuing downward!  People tell me how fantastic I look now, without any prodding from me.  I eat well and don't feel deprived.  I love the program and no longer hate getting my picture taken.
I started the Releana program with a local physician on June 18, 2008. I stopped on Sept. 29, 2008. In those three months, I lost a total of 48 lbs and dropped from a 16 to a 12. I've felt better than I have in years! I did experience hunger and a nagging headache the first week and a half. The taste is one that is quite unique as well. YUCK! BUT if it gets the job done, which it did, I'll do it again. The hunger pangs seemed to taper off as my body adjusted to the low calorie intake. I stopped taking the Releana because my body simply stopped burning the fat. I will continue on it again after the first of the year. I still need another 30 lbs or so to get to my healthy BMI. Without this treatment, I seriously doubt I would have been able to lose the weight. I have a thyroid disorder and RA so it was difficult for me, not impossible though.
Today is day 2 of loading, which has been difficult because my eating habits have been relatively healthy. I am mentally prepared for starting tomorrow and I'm looking forward to a lighter, more energetic, healthier me. I look forward to documenting my journey here.
Andrea
Greetings- I just completed 30 days taking Releana along with hunger surpressentns. My start weight was 170.6  and today it's at 152.8 that's a little over 17 lbs of fat loss. I'm 36 yrs old and it's getting harder to loss weight, but this seems to be working. Yes, the 1st & 2nd week were very tough. I felt dizzy and very hungry mostly in the morning - it did get better after about 2pm. In the middle of the 2nd week - I started to feel very sad, depressed like. I was crying all the time - I really can't say whether it was Releana, my job, my boyfriend or pms. I broke up with my boyfriend this week, I asked my employer for next week off and I don't expect my menstrual cycle anytime soon. I did renew my prescription for another month of Releana - I just hope this month will a lot better for me. The overeating or craving has not been an issue for me on Releana. However, I did cheat at the movies when I ordered a medium bag of popcorn with a little bit of butter this past Saturday. I was warned by the Dr that my projected weight loss for the next month will be between 11-15lbs at the most. I might start working out to drop more weight faster - I enjoy the challenge. It keeps my mind off my ex-boyfriend!  Good Luck Ladies      
Hi Again- I wanted to give you my dress size stats: I started at size 12 and today I am wearing a size 8! My goal is to be in a size 2 or 4 - that's between 120-125lbs. I'm 36, 5'5", 36DD and med boned. That means another 2mos on Releana - I hope!
I never believe on ll these things, if you want to reduce your weight you have to control on your eating.  I have also reduced my weight with the help of Mark Patrick's program. Programs is really awesome and its gives a way to live healthier life. Their weight loss programs are designed to help eliminate the behaviors that are making us overweight.  Really it worked for me and I have reduced my weight. I think you people also have to try it and I hope you will also find some great results in yourself.
http://www.markpatrickmedia.com/index.html
Started the program last Monday and I've lost 10 lbs. so far.  I'm not hungry; just the opposite. I didn't exercise the first week, but I'm starting that today.
Where can I get Releana or another sub-lingual form of HCG online? Please let me know!

Thanks!!!!!!
Try this link:   http://www.hcginfoonline.com/LOCATIONS.htm

Good luck!

Wendy
I am a 49 year old female.  After watching my 50 year old neighbor lose 95 pounds on Releana in about 8 months, I was so impressed I decided to research hcg.  I watched mamaclok's videos on you tube, read Kevin Trudeau's Weight Loss Cure and Dr. Simeyon's Pounds and Inches. I also read Yahoo hcg dieters group message board and scoured the internet for adverse or negative reports about hcg.  Since I do not have gall bladder issues and am in relatively good health (outside of needing to lose 120 lbs), I made an appointment with a local physician to do the Releana program.  So far it has been 78 days since starting and I am down 40 lbs and feeling great.  I have been able to do this without any exercise, although I hope to incorporate 30 minutes of walking per day soon.  I am very pleased and intend to continue using Releana until I reach my goal weight.
Hello  my name is Jodie I have been on the releana lingual drops since 1/09/09 and have lost 65 llbs and  went from size 18 to 12/14  i am a heart patient that has  had open heart surgery 2 yrs ago and i think this was the best thing ever. I have compliments every day from people ,I found it the easiest ever and i have tried alot of things. It is a little expensive but its your life were talking about  I have since then been taken off my blood preasure and heart burn meds and fell great  I just went off it this week and I know how to eat now and portions are in control. Thank  you to who ever came up with tis hormone  drop My husband is now thinking of doing it  
I've been using Releana™ for 5 days now an am down 6 lbs, those five days include my loading days. This stuff really works! The only side effects I've experienced is right after I take it I get gassy, but that's it. I do feel hungry but at the same time it makes those tiny meals really satisfying.  And if you are spacing your fruit out properly that helps curb too. I'm getting the b-12 injections I don't really notice a difference with those but I like them
I am on day 4 of Releana from a medical doctor. I take .25 from an eyedropper, keep it under my tongue for over 3 minutes, twice a day, 12 hours apart. I follow the diet exactly from my doctor. I did my fat-loading (not carbs or sweets) for 2 days as instructed. Now, I only have one very small coffee in the morning. I drink 100 ounces of water a day, as well as decaf herbal teas of various kinds. I eat an apple in the morning, lunch is 4 oz. lean chicken, a specific fish on the protocol (no salmon, cod, tuna, etc.), or buffalo, with 4 oz. of greens, salad or brocolli. Same for dinner. I do not cheat in any way. No starches. No alcohol. No fat of any kind.
I have 4 "side effects", although they are really just the effects of taking Releana and following the protocol exactly: 1. I have incredible energy all day. 2. I pee like crazy. 3. I am not hungry and wish I didn't have to eat all the food (it's only 5-600 calories a day, but I am just not hungry). 4. I am smaller.
I was cleared to take 40 drops of passion flower tincture at night to sleep well. As the real Releana has no "negative side effects", I believe if folks are experiencing something, it is from not following the protocol exactly. For instance, don't drink Diet Coke and ice tea all day, and expect to feel "okay". They are full of stimulants or artificial sweeteners and chemicals, or both. You simply must drink water or you will not pee out all the fat! Obviously, tea, coke and coffee dehydrate a person, so don't suppose you can substitute any of those for the water you need.
I use water-soluble lotion if I get a massage, other than that, I use my regular makeup and lotions. Releana has no restrictions on topicals other than the water-soluble for full-body massage.
Personally, I would not consider ordering HCG online, as there is no way to determine the safety or efficacy of the product you receive. Also, the homeopathic versions of HCG have no HCG in them. They are a placebo and a waste of your money, although, hey, if you can fool yourself and feel comfortable with product safety, then by all means, do it! Unfortunately, I over-educated myself with medical journals and online info and closely questioning others who had been on Releana and other HCG products, so I wasn't able to convince myself to order anything online and opted to go with an actual MD. I know that many folks are not close to a town with a bariatric doctor who can offer Releana and monitor your health closely, while providing support and answering questions, and my heart goes out to you. But do be careful...while Releana is HCG, all purported HCG products are NOT Releana, and the diet protocols and instructions are NOT the same from product to product nor is the diet and protocols the same for sublingual Releana vs. the HCG injections.
I paid nearly 400.00 for my first visit, which included body analysis, blood tests, 30 days of product and a nice Bshot in my butt! I plan on getting the Bshots weekly.
My goal is to lose 40 lbs. I will occasionally comment here on these discussion pages and am happy to answer questions if I can; I am no expert, but I am cautious and fairly well-educated on this product...we will see how it works for me! So far, no problems. I am not weighing myself but it is very obvious I am smaller. I will continue to note any side-effects on this page, as that is the subject.
Okay folks, don't know if anyone is out there, but here goes. I am having no side effects at all. I am taking Releana per the protocol. I have no hunger. I am in a very good mood. I am losing weight, but more important, I am setting myself up with a grand lifestyle change. Since everyone is different, I don't see much point in comparing my weight loss with anyone else's, but it is apparent from some research on my part that men lose more, people with more to lose also lose more at the beginning. Important tips about my own behavioral choices that may assist you: you must drink water! Limit caffeine to morning. I drink no diet-sodas even tho doc says they are okay. Only sweetener I use is Stevia. I only eat beef for lunch, never at night. I do not eat broccoli or cauliflower even if doc says I can, as it wasn't on the original protocol from Pounds and Inches. I do not cheat on this diet, because it would be a huge waste of my money and time. I also check my level of ketosis with a keto-stix every time I pee, so I know if eating a fruit is too many carbs for me, and will occasionally skip a fruit since I am not hungry and replace with more greens. I don't eat late at night. I do have many kinds of non-caf herbal teas, it's pretty fun to experiment. While no one REALLY knows, for a fact, why hCG works, I personally do not care. What has been important for me is that I am NOT hungry or irritable while eating 500 cals daily. The rest of the claims about hCG resetting the hypothalamus, etc. remain to be seen. It has been a very educational experience, and I would not bother to waste your time or money if you have no resolve to change your lifestyle...that is, eating real and whole foods, while limiting carbs (sweets, pasta, noodles, bread, potatoes) and laying off the alcohol of any kind. Don't want to be harsh, but there is no reason to waste your money and time if you aren't ready for a long-term commitment like this! In the meantime, good luck to all!
I am so glad to find your comments.  I started on Releana under a doctors care on Friday March 12 and I am down 7.8 pounds, in just 5 days.  I am thrilled!  I, like you, have not wavered and I do NOT intend to!  The results are SO immediate it makes you feel that you will be successful so I don't want to cheat and have no intention.  I was just reading some articles and it says that this hormone is in some cancers.  Kind of scarey.  Have you heard that also?  Again, thanks for your comments.  It makes me feel I have someone out there going through the same thing.  YOU are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, if you can't stay off alcohol, sugar, flour, bad fats, then this diet isn't for you.  Not harsh at all!
Oh, thanks for the tip...I am going to STOP drinking Diet Soda, I think you are correct. I have no side affects whatsoever.  If you could call it side affect, I feel very good about life, my attitude has done a 180 and I am looking forward to the day I can get back into every piece of clothing hanging in my closet.  My goal is 30 pounds.  I am 1/4 there!  I don't antitipate the last 1/2 to be as easy as the first but I may be WRONG!  Wouldn't that be lovely?  ;-)  I wonder why the whole world isn't on this.
I am so happy today. This is day 5 and I feel so good.  I do not cheat but I do appreciate the tea comments because today I may have drank too much  tea.  So, I am going back to the water.  The one think I notice is that the food I do eat taste so good.  I cherish every bite and eat much slower that I used to.  I feel like running to the top of a mountain and telling everyone who needs to lose weight to use Releana.  I have hope now and that makes me so happy.  I have along ways to go buy I feel like I am empowered to get there.  Thank you for posting your info here for others.
Janie
I just completed  day 3 of the vlcd and I have lost 6.1 pounds.  I feel great, no side effects, lots of energy, and I am not hungry.  You really need to get Releana and follow the plan. DO not wait any longer.  The time has come for us today!
I've just started Releana. Today will be my first day of Loading. Anyone have advice! I know they told me eat everything and anything the fattier the better.
Let me know Thanks!
Hi All,
Okay, I just finished my 6th day on this thing (2 days of loading and 4 days on VLCD) and I am STARVING!!! I have followed this thing to the tee and I am baffled by how everyone says they have no hunger and they feel great. I am cranky, and want to give up every minute.  The only reason I hang on is with the support of my dear friend who reminds me to take it one step, one minute at a time.  If the hunger does not go away, I don't see how I can keep going on.  Help!
I am on day 14 lost 10 lbs but going crazy! I have reached a plateau for 4 days now? I have weighed myself morning and night hoping for a weight loss? I do not want to do the aple day because doesn't seem safe. My body is probally holding on to as much as it can because it is not so used to the VLCD. I was working o9ut TBK 5-6 days a week now I am only working out 3 or 4 because doctor says no working out :(

I am super cranky and love to eat and drink HELP! I still have 30 lbs more to go I am 168lbs  5 '4 too much weight!
my old jeans are now fitting me and my stonach has gone down a  bunch so maybe I am losing  inches

anyhow this diet is brutal!

anyhow this diet is brutal!
has anyone on Releana used sugar free gum or sugar free hard canides?
I've now gone through 1/2 of day 5 and I'm doing pretty good, I've lost about 10lbs from post loading and I wouldn't say I have tons of energy but I'm also not just laying in bed. I work regular schedule but do seem to get hungry still. Anyone have an average on how long that last? I know I've read some places last the first week then goes away but not sure. Please anyone! :D
It's nice to know that some people have hit a stand still losing weight.  My doctor increased my releana for three days and then on the 3rd day I have to eat 6 apples, nothing else!!  I have looked up recipes on ways to eat an apple so I don't gag by number 6.  I am almost finishing my second week with a weight loss of 11 pounds. Has anyone broken out in pimples on this?  I feel like I just went through puberty.  And yes, I still get hungry.  
I haven't heard of pimples being side effect. Your post is the first I've heard.  
Is the 11 lbs from post loading or pre-loading phase??
I only loaded the first 2 days of the program, so the 11 lbs. was post loading.  I'm at 13lbs. now and pleased with the progress.  
Hello Everyone. I am hoping someone could give me advice for my next step during my 40 day HCG journey. I am currently Sub q Injecting 150IU and am in R1 P2 D23 and have lost 18.6 lbs so far - Yeah!

I read that you can prolong P2 and be free from getting immunity if one takes it sublingually - so, I want to switch to RX sublingual to prolong my P2. The question is this:

1) Should I continue on another 23 day course of the subq-injections (total 40 injections) and then switch to RX sublingual at the end?
2) Or, should I go another 10 days on the Subq -injetions now and then mix up a new batch for my RX Sublingual on the next day.
3) Or should I switch to RX Sublingual today? (Since I'm out of my mixture and need to make a decision today - I have 5 x 5000 IU HCG vials left so switching mid-stream wouldn't be an issue.)

Are there any advantages to staying as long as I can on the injections before switching?  Has anyone done this or heard of any speific day during P2 that it's best to switch subq injections to sublingual if wanting to prolong P2?

Thanks in advance!
if i cheat even one day on the diet am i not going to lose the weight i want to lose? i have been so true to my diet its ridic! but, my sons graduation is comming up and i dont know how to take him out to dinner wo cheating! someone help! lol;) id appreciate it! ....ty!
hello! it is a pregnancy hormone, so i would think no matter what they say youll have some things like that happen during the time you are using, however, everyone is different! and...my skin is becomming more oily so i feel ya sista!;)
hello! releana is safe for all! even patients who are severely diabetic, as my father went on and lost 80 pounds, it wasnt fast, but it has been off for a year now and he is no longer dying! it is really great stuff, it helps you retrain your body and your self! ...i get cravings, but i stop and turn away, drink water or do something to stay busy...a lot of times our hunger is because we are simply thirsty!!!!!!! so drink up lady! i recommend releana, i am also doing very well on it!
I've been doing releana for two months and so far the numbers are coming off the scale, but my pant size is noy dropping. My thighas are the same as when I started. Has anyone else encountered this?
I just started Releana and the first week I lost 14 pounds.  I can see a difference in my legs.  The second week I have not lost any weight yet, but I've started my period.  I am feeling really tired.  Has anyone else experience this loss of energy during their menstral cycle?
Any guys taking this stuff? If so what is your results?
I am a 36 year old guy on day 6 of the Releana program and I have to say it pretty much rocks!  I've lost 10 pouds in post-load...which is insane to me.  My biggest fear doing the program, beside constant hunger, was the depression and moodiness I normally feel when I drastically change my eating habits.  I have TONS more energy, and feel overall all happy and relaxed. I take valerian root to sleep at night and wake up relaxed and sleep through the whole 8 hours. I planned for sugar withdrawal headaches, and had NO side effects at all.   I honestly can't say enough about how good I feel.  I normally have so much "anxiet"y during any "diet" that I'm afraid to even go out with friends on weekends for fear of temptation, but I feel so in control and happy with results I'm going to an open bar event tonight and know I will just drink soda water and catch up with friends. I do get a b-12 shot once a week, and have a giant black iced coffee every morning...which subsides ANY hunger well into the afternoon. Let me know if you try it. I am curious to hear from other guys about how it's working for them.  I also feel pretty safe using the product, although I have read comments about the hormone being found as a "marker" for cancer, which isn't teh same thing as "cancer-causing".  If anyone has any more insight on those findings please post them.
Thank you for your input. I'm just ending my 2nd day. I'm doing it exactly like you, even the $400 part lol! I'm excited because ladies at my doctors office have lost weight as well, and they got me really pumped up about it. My thyroid medication was also just increased because after a year of following a Dietician's meal plan, taking thyroid meds, and exercising, my metabolism still tested low! So frustrating! I haven't gain weight in about a year but I'm unable to erase all the bad years growing up with my metabolism being low and unhealthy eating. I'm really hoping this will catapult me there so I can continue my healthy lifestyle! :) Best of luck!
I had tried the relena before my tummy tuck and lost weight very easily.   I was at a size 20 and went down to a 12.   Now I am focusing to get down to a size 8 and maybe another tummy tuck..! re started the Relena 1 week ago and it's working just as before, I do work out 3 times a week with trainer also, so I expect to loose it much faster.  I was told by my Dr. to double up on Protein if I work out so I have done that and it has helped because I did feel weak at first.  Maybe it's also because the other days I don't traing, I run 2 miles a day...  Lost 5 lbs. since my 2nd start so size 8 is closer thank I thought!...Highly recommend it!
HI, I feel the same as you about not drinking and I do feel great but really miss drinking wine. I did cheat this weekend and have still lost weitght even tho I drank a few glasses on wine.  I have lost 12 pounds so far which is nice and actually i feel great now. I do feel that now I could start a healthy normal diet and still lose weight. I guess Ill keep plugging along.  
When I looked on my calorie counter on my droid phone it said that what we are eating 3.5 oz protein a day and veggies 3.5 oz. and the 2 fruits is only like 345 calories or so . what is up with that?