Weight Gain
Hi, my name is Chris.  I am 17, and I am a guy.  I am 5'9, 120 lbs.  I need to know how to gain weight.  I have been working out for the past year, and have noticed gains at first, but now, I can't gain any weight and am actually losing it.  If anyone could tell me how to gain muscle mass, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks to all,
-Chris.
Hi Topher 2. Have you tried eating higher calorie meals and drinking high calorie shakes like Assure? Higher calorie meals are not 2 big macs instead of 1! Ha! I mean good food. I've heard some olympians, when they are training for the olympics, really pile up on the food. Really big, healthy meals, healthy snacks in between meals, and these Assure type shakes that I wrote about a second ago. Because they burn so many calories during their training, they have to have the extra fuel.
I think part of your thin body might be because of you being young. You have a higher metabolism than old fogies my age (I'm 42). Have you gone to your family doctor to get advice from her or him? He or she might want to give you a physical which we should all have from time to time anyway. To make sure your thyroid isn't too overactive. Don't panic! It's just a thought.
Good luck Topher!!
Kelly
Hey Topher 2 it's me again. I spelled the high calorie shake wrong. It's called Ensure, not Assure. Mybad!! Sorry. Bye!!
Thanks, lately I've been trying to eat alot, but I just got a new job, so sleeping and eating habits are all out of wack.  As soon as I get back on some normal schedule, I'll look into the Ensure.  And I'll go to the doctor, because at one point I thought I might have had a thyroid problem.  Thanks for the help.  I'll fill ya in, as things progress.
-Topher
If you are just interested in gaing weight then you should cut back on your exercise while increasing your caloric intake. But make sure that you are not eating empty calories. You can have a high calorie diet but still have it be nutritous.

Thyroid problems may make it difficult to gain weight but it is also a posibility that your body has set 120lbs as its default weight. I am 5'6 and 120lbs and no matter what I do I cannot gain weight. Even when I drop weight I tend to go right back up to 120.

I also know it is difficult to find info on being underweight as most people are overweight and that is what most people are concerend about it. But there are health problems associated with underweight as well and more should be done about this in the medical community.

DO YOU STRUGGLE TO PUT ON WEIGHT?

IF YOU LIVE IN LONDON, UK AND DESPERATELY WANT HELP TO PUT ON WEIGHT, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WANTING TO PUT ON WEIGHT FOR A PRIMETIME TELEVISION SERIES. WE HAVE A TOP DOCTOR AND A TOP LONDON NUTRITIONIST WHO WILL WORK WITH YOU OVER THE NEXT 3 MONTHS TO DEVELOP A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE AND IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH IN THE MOST PRODUCTIVE AND SAFE WAY.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PLEASE GET IN TOUCH BEFORE 14/7
Hello, I am interested in that program, is it too late now? If not how can i get in contact with you?

Cheers