2nd period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

2nd period?

Yesterday I felt really sick all day. I stayed in bed hoping I'd feel better at some point. That night I went to get into the shower and noticed that I had bled a little spot in my underwear. I thought it was weird because I had already been off my period for a week.
At first I thought it was just spotting, but then the bleeding got heavier (kind of like the bleeding of one of the last days of a period).
I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm on birth control. The doctor put me on it because I was having two periods in a month. It stopped after I started taking birth control, so I don't know why it randomly started again.
Could it be anything else? I'm a little worried and I don't want to have to pay to go to the doctor if it's just a second period.