5 month period?
I have had my period non stop for 5 months now. I'm 14. My periods have always been irregular and I thought they would have regulated by now since it's been 4 years. I go through 10-12 pads a day and lately I've been losing sleep because I need to be up every couple hours to change my pad. I tried tampons but my period is so heavy that I start to clot. I can't go to the doctor because I'm poor and I don't want to sit down with my father and explain to him the situation. I am really sick of the hormones. I can't stop crying and I'm really depressed now because the period hormones just never stop. My friend got iron supplements for me after I told her what was happening. I don't have sex with males and I haven't for 2+ years so there is no way I'm having a miscarriage. Any ideas?
You really need to see a doctor there are public hospitals where you can go to.. You may be losing too much blood.. your rbc should have dropped by now..you should tell your dad or a relative whats happening because you need help.. you probably have hormonal imbalances that should be corrected.. this is also reason why your also depressed because you are getting sick..
Hi there and welcome.  Well, at 14, certainly you have family, correct?  Dear, please please talk to your mom or whomever is your caregiver and go to a doctor.  Your friend shouldn't be giving you iron supplements as you need doctor supervision for self treating for whatever is going on.  It is absolutely ABSOLUTELY not normal for a 14 year old girl to bleed heavily for 5 straight months.  YOu need to talk to the adult that is in your life and go see a doctor right away.  good luck