Anyone else use Seasonique (Birth Control)?
I just started using Seasonique (used to be called Seasonal) Dec 19,2006 and I'm hoping there will be some ladies on here that can provide me with some feed back. I was hoping I would be able to read the insert that was supposed to come with the filled prescription, but the pharmacy didn't include it in the bag. Anywho, can anyone tell me if they had swollen, sore breast and sore nipples when they first started taking this type of bc? My stomach is also a little tender to the touch. I'm just wanting to see if anyone else experienced these side effects when first starting this type of bc. I used to use the Nuva Ring prior to the switch. Also, for those of you who have been using this type of bc for awhile, how do you like it? I'm still trying to get used to taking a pill daily, I've only had to double up twice so far. Thanks in advance for your feed back.
I'm only on my first pack but on the last week of pills and let's just say I HATE the hormones, lack of a sex drive and the having to take a pill everyday so I am getting a laparoscopic tubal next Tuesday. I hope to regain my drive and not be moody and emotional after the surgery.  I'm scared about the period that the yellow pills will bring. I wish I had another pack to just skip the period til after my surgery. but i am not going to pay $30 for a week of pills. dang!
I have been on seasonique since the birth of my daughter in early march 2010 I absolutly loved it.
my OBGYN knew from previous vistist that i have had issues with other birth controls such as headaches severe cramping bleeding and basically almost bed ridden from pain either in my head and or lower abdomen.

she told me to try seasonique and i would have to be on it for a full 6 months before reconsidering a swap cause i need to give it a chance and the bench march to have the hormones level out is around 6 months so i gave it a shot and i loved it i was on the low dose and it was amazing with the exception of like wanting no sex and minor mood swings.   this past march ( 2011) when i went back to her we opted for regular dose.

jan (2011) through feb and march i was having three week periods.   I noticed that i was having mood issues and it got tot he point where i was not even sleeping in the same bed as my SO.  and i like really wanted nothign to do wiht him and i was not enjoying my daughter as i should have been.  she told me this could be PPD and so also gave me zoloft in addition to regular dose  seasonique. and omg it went worse.

i started having bad fits that i could not control of just complete anger for no reason. my SO has contemplated leaving me once because of it all.  i have no sex drive while i was on this pill and moody. well beyond moody i have had worse depression and eventually i started taking things into my own hands. i stopped taking the zoloft thinking it was a mix of the pills.   if i wasnt on the zoloft i felt like i was about ready to murder some one cause i was so angry. it was like the zoloft was trying to fix a problem the  birth control pills were creating. i am finally off both the seasonique and zoloft and have been  for almost a month i took it so irregular the last month that i took any pills just to figure out what was causing my problems.  now a month later i have not had a period infact i have not had a period since the week before my march appoint ment wiht my OB.  does any one know when i could possibly get my periord???  there also may be a slight chance of pregnancy cause of the irregularity of in the last two months of the pills.

i know i probably should have given it another 6 months on the seasonie regular to try and get past so it all could level out again but i dont want to rish losing my SO over it nor do i need to scare my 15 month old daughter cause mommy is psychotic from taking her birth control.

I also tried Seasonique because my OBGYN recommended it. The first month went well, but after two weeks into the second month, things changed.  I was sitting at work on day when all the sudden i started to have anxiety which then led into a panic attack. I have never had issues before like this and it scared me to death, i felt like i was losing my mind and felt suicidal. This scared me even more because i have two precious children and a husband who need me. So i was convinced that it was the bc, but my obgyn didn't seem to think so, he thought it was stress related.  He wanted to put me on Zoloft, but i never picked up the prescription. The day after i had the episode at work, i started spotting. My mood leveled out, but i was still feeling as if i was in a bubble. After bleeding for two weeks i called my OBGYN to say i wanted to get off of seasonique and go back to ortho-tri lo, somthing i was familiar with.  After three days of being off of it, i felt so much better. BUT, i am still bleeding, going into my fourth week of having a period. I have never had any issues before seasonique or never bled longer than three days. This bc really messed me up and i am still trying to get back to normal.  I'm not saying don't try seasonique, but if you start having crazy mood swings and side effects, don't let them tell you that you need an anti-depressant, stop taking the bc first to see if you feel better. Antidepressants can be life savers, but don't let hormones make you become dependant on them if you can fix the problem instead of putting a bandaid on it.  Good Luck!
Thank god for this website!!!  I have been on seasonique for almost three months.  After the first two packs were done, I started bleeding and have yet to stop.  I should start the yellow pills in three days but have decided to pitch them and go back to old faithful triphasil.  I never missed a pill and took it at the same time time every night as part of my bedtime routine.  I have been on several different bc including depo.  I get migraines before during and after my periods so my Dr switched me to seasonique.  Until reading all these posts, I thought I was losing my mind.  I have never had depression, anxiety, or nervousness issues before.  I have a hard time sleeping, mainly because I lay in bed and my mind races.  When I do sleep, I feel exhausted all day with no energy.  Just reading everyone's posts has made me cry.  A non stop fear of doom, forbodding and death have been plaguing me all summer (when I started these pills) and until an hour ago I was convinced I needed therapy because something was wrong.  Oh yeah, and don't forget the absolute loss of interest in sex.  I can't even stand for him to touch me.  I talked to my Dr yesterday about all these issues and was told to stop taking them for 5 days and stop the war with my uterus and just let it bleed.  Unfortunately that will likely not stop the other issues which I am more concerned about.  I will gladly have a migraine, cramps and bleeding every month if it means I can get back my previous mental health (sanity!!).  Someone suggested I have my thyroid checked because this could be the issue too and plan to call my family doctor tomorrow but as for the pills, I think I'm done with them!!!  I am 36 and have never dealt with any side effects from bc in the 15 yrs on and off that I've taken it.
I have had the exact same issues.  The only difference is that I have been on this BC for 3 years, and i just started having the anxiety and panick attacks in the last 6 months.  I also get very nauseous, IBS and lose my appetite every month when I should be getting my period.  Your post sounded like I should have wrote it.  I am definitely getting off this BC to, atleast see if is the cause of how I am feeling.  
I too posted about the same issues a while back.  These posts made up my mind about discontinuing this pill.  For me, it took 5 months for me to realize what was happening to me.  Every month around the time I would be ovulating, I would feel off and just attributed it to either being sick, allergies, or just an emotional day.  But, by the 5th month, I couldn't take it.  I had a severe depressive episode and the anxiety was out of control  I thought I was having a heart attack. I felt hopeless and helpless and this was all new to me.

I found this message board and around that time and stopped the pill immediately.  I have been off of it for about 6 weeks now, and unfortunately, I am still suffering from the depression and anxiety... and anxiety over the depression and when it will stop.  Up until this pill, I never had these issues and was always a positive person.  Now, I am emotional and anxious ALOT and don't know when I will return to normal.  It is very upsetting to me what this pill has done to me and my coping abilities.  We should all sue them for this.  I have heard of side effects, but this is just beyond the worst.  
Ive been taking it for one year exactly Sunday. This period is by far the worse. Im swollen, as before, very sleepy, as before, I am and have turned into an emotional wreck during period week on this pill. This go around I am having panic attacks and waking up all through the night. It was great the first few months, but it appears to wear and tear on your body. Ive watched my skin change this summer along with some healing issues. Im 32, have one child that is13, so Ive been on a BC for many years. The Depo Shot was the worst by far. I would say that ortho tri cyclen was the best bc by far and let it be known that since i was 19 I have tried many, looking for the best results. I am getting my tubes tied so my body can do its natural process. I believe I am too old too keep on with BC after being on it so many years. Like any medicine, it does do things to your body.  But Seasonque was my final convincing step to tie my tubes and let it be.
Ive just started seasonique just this month i have three pills left til i start next months, i was wondering if anyone else has felt hot flashes?

Im 19 i dont even think that someone at my age could get them but i feel hot all the time and its just me beacuse everyone else around me never seems to feel as hot a I feel and this is everyday.
I'm trying seasonique after about 3 years on the deprovera shot.  I have bad knees so the weight gain from a shot was the reason I got off it.  I'm almost through the 1st month dose and noticing my breasts have been rather tender throughout the month (hasn't been this tender since when I had my daughter in 2004) and itchy.  No discharge, no rash, no spotting (though I think that comes from the 3 years on the shot and having no period...so still waiting for rest of my body to realize I can bleed again).  Any advice on the breast issue?  I've noticed my appetitie hasn't been as bad as when I was on the shot so maybe I can lose some of the 20 lbs I seemed to gained, and my acne is improving...not miraculously but better.

But if anyone has advice on the breast sensitivity or itching?  I know I sometimes have had issues with clogged lymph nodes (armpit and breast.) in the past...could the pill be increasing it?
I have been a Seasonique user for about 2 years now after trying a dozen other pills and it seems to work best for me. I am 19 now, when i was 13 I had a cyst the size of a grapefruit on one of my ovaries after that i was put on birth control to keep my poly-cystic ovarian syndrome under control. I went to 2 different docs one wanted to put me on a pill that didn't seem to work and give me the monthly shots I didn't feel like that would be a good idea so i sought a second opinion. My second doc tried a couple different meds but I still couldnt get my periods under control finally she gave me seasonique saying that there was no reason i should have to have such severe pain every week. The first month i wasnt sure but now i like it.
Ask ur doc about a Rx that will stop ur period. I had a similar problem and the BC pills probably arent a strong enough to stop it. my doc gave me a prescription for a drug thats just 7 pills it worked for me.
There is a "permanent" birth control that may completely stop your period. It is only if you do not want to have biological children EVER. Basically your doctor will burn/scrape off the cells inside your uterus. Just Google “ENDOMETRIAL ABLATION”

I took this pill for about 5 years and it was great. Stopped taking it to try out an IUD, it was horrible and I had it removed after  about 8 or 9 months. I have now been back on the pill for almost 3 months and my body is having a hard time adjusting. So my advice is if this pill is helping at all stay with it because you may not be able to go back to it and have it help again.
I had a terrible experience with Seasonique. Prior to taking it, I was on Nuva Ring. I loved it, but the price kept going up $10-$15 at a time, so I tried switching over.

The first thing I noticed with the pill is that I started getting a headache every single afternoon. I took my pill around 9am every day, and by 1 or 2, I had a blinding headache. My doctor had told me that I might experience some break through bleeding the first month, so I dealt with it, but well into my 2nd month I was having full blow period-esque bleeding every day. My appetite increased, and I gained a total of 12 lbs in 2 months. I also bloated and had cramps on a sporadic basis. I also was quite a bit more emotional than I normally am.

On a positive note, my boobs went up a cup size (no doubt due to the 12 lbs :P). Overall, this pill is not worth constant pain and bleeding all the time. I switched back to the ring, and I'm waiting to start feeling l like myself again.
Ive been taking seasonique for 3+ years. I love it rarely any side effects I am a smoker and do smoke on this pill and I am perfectly fine (keep in mind I am 23) being older differs your risk, I gained about 10 pounds however, it went straight to my butt so I'm fine with that =) and i grew a cup size =) all the while i love have fewer periods i actually get my period about every 4 + months which worries me sometimes so i asked my doc and she said everyone is different and this pill will affect everyone differently if your wondering about trying this pill jus give it a shot and if you have concerns go over them with ur doc.
hey, does anyone get a really dark discharge while taking seasonique but only during the time of the month you would regularly get your period?
I am just going on to my third month of Seasonique. I changed to Seansonique after having a 14 day, heavy period while taking Alesse. I am also a migraine sufferer so any pill has the potential to make it worse. The first month on Seasonique was fine, I had no concerns. However, the second month I had 12 migraines (whereas before the pill I had 1 migraine every 2 months). Near the middle/end of the second month I began having hot flashes, nausea, and severe cramping. I am going onto my third month right now but I don't know if I can take the side effects anymore. It is affecting my every day life, I can't eat normally anymore (due to the nausea) and I feel like a women going through menopause with the hot flashes. I have also experienced noticeable weight gain. My self confidence has gone down and I don't feel good about myself at all. I would NOT recommend anyone taking this pill.
I decided to take Seasonique to help regulate my incredibly irregular periods.  Took the pills for 10 weeks and had break through bleeding every day.  I also had nausea sometimes in the evening after taking the pill.  I stopped taking the pill a week ago and the spotting has stopped.  Had the exact opposit effect I was looking for.
I have been on this pill for about year or little after.. Has anyone noticed alot of abdominal pain/bloating/gas while taking this pill.  I have to agree with the other posts about crazy emotional issues and now after reading these I feel most of this could be due to the pill!  It's just given my time frame, I've had a lot of stomach problems mainly horrible pain and just wonder if there is a link.  I have gone to specialists thinking thyroid, ulcers, had various procedures done.. help?
Yes there is a generic for Seasonique.  It is called Camrese.  I just refilled 10/01/11 and my insurance would not pay any longer for Seasonique because of the generic.  I love Seasonique (Camrese).  I have been on it for several years and have not experienced any problems at all.  I wish my doctor would have put me on it sooner as I love only getting my period every three months.
My wife Monique was was switched to Seasonique by her obgyn in August 2011 and had a major stroke September 3, 2011.

I wasn’t convinced the birth control was responsible but we’ve had many tests done all of which are inconclusive. I am now convinced that Seasonique is the source of the stroke. She did have extensive blood testing performed which came back negative so, unlike Carmen Messina (see this article http://www.womensadventuremagazine.com/issues/summer-2011/aspire-summer-2011/risky-business/) , Monique does not have the clotting mutation. Monique is also exhibiting another side affect of Seasonique, extreme hair loss.

My wife is in perfect health, watches her diet and has been exercising for years. In fact, for the 5 months before her stroke she had been exercising 2 hours a day 5 days a week with noticeable results.

I’ve started my research on Seasonique and have found this forum and thought I would share this information. I’d strongly recommend women thoroughly research their birth control options and consider the risks.

I usually don't post on these things, especially if I have something negative to say, but I felt this should be my exception.

I started taking this pill almost 3 months ago and I am on no other medication. The first 3-4 weeks I felt completely normal and was pretty excited about only getting my period 4 times a year. Then I noticed spotting occurring, at first just a little bit but then it got like I was actually having a period. Next, I started crying for days and became super depressed. I attested to being a recent college grad and not yet finding a job, but looking back on it I have never been that depressed before in my life. Finally, every time I took a shower I noticed multiple hairs coming off and in my hands.

When I was about 3 weeks away from finishing my final pack, I couldn't take it anymore. I went online and found multiple other testimonials of other women going through the same thing as me. I felt beyond relieved. I started taking it that day and now it's been about 2 weeks since I've stopped taking it. I feel fantastic, not only am I no longer crying for hours and having a general gloom about the world, I noticed I lost a lot of bloat. I am very happy with my decision.

I really hope this helps someone else out, because the previous posts helped me come to my senses.
I am also taking seasonique due to endometriosis...I had the same feeling like you guys and did the same call the doctor and they told me the same thing...they were right it takes about the first 3 months for your body to get used to the pill...I have been on the pill for 7 mos now and I feel great.
yes i do it has making me neusated and im only a few into it
I am on this type of bc. It took my body a while to do one period once every 3 months for a while it was one a month for two months. Lol. I didn't have those symptoms some of those sound Like pregnancy.
I have been on seasonique for three yrs I just got off in june 2010 & was wondering how long until I can conceive?? My periods come exactly on time but im having trouble conceiving help!!!!
I HATE this BC pill!  I started the pill at recommendation of my M.D. due to anemia and the thought was I would only get my period 4 times per year, and hence, improve the anemia thing.  Well, not only have I been bleeding like a normal period for 2.5 weeks without any look to slowing down, but I am an emotional wreck!  I get very down and depressed for days, weepy, angry, and then because I am anemic, I have NO energy.  Not to mention no ability to have sex with my husband for almost 3 weeks now!  I cannot even find any resolution to being able stop it!  I have read several other posts with hopes to find a "cure" to stopping the bleeding, but nothing!  This pill should be taken off the market!  
I am 33 years old and I am hypothyroid. I am on Armour thyroid medication (120mg). I was taking Tilia FE, but I was having strange symptoms. The week before my period I was getting bad headaches and cramps. I was falling asleep in the daytime and waking up in the middle of the night and I had hot flashes. My doctor wanted me to try Lo Seasonique thinking that those symptoms would subside.

After a week of taking it, my breasts were swollen. They were a whole size larger than usual and if I touched them, it was painful. That has never happened to me on any other birth control.

After two weeks, I had breakthrough bleeding. This lasted for two weeks straight. I read online that I needed to take the pill at the exact same time every day. I did and the bleeding subsided.

A month into taking the pill I was having serious pains on the left side of my stomach under my breast. I didn’t know what it was. It was so painful that it was waking me up in the middle of the night. I found myself rocking back and forth trying to make the pain go away. After 5 days, it went away. I went to my internal medicine doctor to get it checked out just in case. After some tests and an ultra sound they found that I developed an ovarian cyst.

I didn’t stop taking the pill then because I was close to finishing out the pill pack and I know how horrible it is to stop taking the pill in the middle of the pack. The last week when I was supposed to get my period, it didn't come.

During the three months I was on Lo Seasonique, I gained a total of 16 lbs. During that time my eating did not change (I track what I eat) nor has my exercise routine. As a result, I have stopped taking Lo Seasonique and I went back to Tilia Fe.

What I want to know is, how long will it take my body to go back to the way it was before I started taking Lo Seasonique?

This has been a nightmare.      
I been on the pill for 9 months and a week before i will start my period i will get really bad pms. even if i am not bleeding. I would get really bad for no reason. also cry over nothing.
I am on my 5th month of Seasonique. At first, I thought that this pill was great. I didn't really have a lot of the other problems that other people are listing. However, in the past few weeks I have had terrible stomach pain and cramps. I also have difficulty going to the bathroom recently, which I think may very well be due to this medication. After reading this forum I wanted to stop taking this BC immediately, but last time I stopped taking my BC  cold turkey I spent the next week in bed with terrible cramps that left me unable to walk. I'd also like to mention that I started taking this medication because I have terrible cramping during my periods, along with hot flashes, blacking out, and nausea. I also have been diagnosed with an ovarian cyst that has been there for a little over a year now. The only reason I switched to Seasonique was because my periods were still extremely painful on other birth controls and I was missing way too much school and work. So, now instead of missing a week of work and school once a month I only have to do it once every three. However, the cramps that I experience halfway through my packs are really making me wonder if this prescription is worth it. Any alternative advice would greatlyyy be appreciated. I've tried several things and I'm up to try anything that is going to help.
4 years ago i used seasonique for 6 months and then got myself off cuz i never stopped cramping. I t took me a little over a year to even get a period after that and now i have been trying for almost 2 years to have another baby and nothing. i have had test run on me and the doctors say im fine along with my husband so they have no clue why we are having such a hard time. I been doing some research becuase this was the only birth control i have ever used and found some stories that were familiar to mine. So i am just curious as to how much in a 6 month time frame did this birth control damage me. Is there anyone else who has had this problem?
I'm almost done with my 2nd month of the generic Seasonique pill. I love not having a period monthly but I feel like I shouted it from the rooftop too soon. For the past 9-12 days I've been spotting. Its like the last day of my cycle every day now. What gives? I spoke to my pharmacist about it and she said that it's most likely my body adjusting to the hormone levels. I spoke to the nurse at my gyno's office and the Dr. told her that I needed to stop taking my pill for 4 days to let my body flush out what it feels it needs to and restart the pill where I left off. Sooooo whose advice should I follow? Has anyone else gone through this? Will this dreadful spotting ever stop? I hate that I started taking the pill to be safe and I'm now being told to stop for 4 days which basically means my 2 months of pill taking is now null & void.

Help!
I recently was put on seasonique. I am only on the 10th day. But I am having breast pain and tenderness. Also, my nipples hurt. This is accompanied by cramping that just started yesterday. Has anyone else experienced this? Prior to this pill I was on Lo Estrin 24 fe.
I've been on this birth controll for almost a month and I've been bleeding, not even really lightly, the entire time and I've had cramps the last 2 weeks horribly bad. I'm getting the hell off this ASAP and going back to low ostregel, which I have absolutely no side affects with.  I switched because I didn't have a refill on my script left and I needed to be on something.
I have been on the this BC for about 7 months now, I have not experience weight gain, headaches, crazy hormnes or many of the other effects. I have been very pleased with the overall result of the product. Having my period once every 3 months has been fantastic. My only complaint is that ever since I've been on the pill, even at the very start my sex drive has dropped to 0%. When I am off the pill for a week to complete my period cycle, my sex drive goes back into over time. But as soon as I'm back on it, even for a day it's that same thing. It's driving my boyfriend crazy! I'm going to have to switch off. Though I'm not to excited about it.
seriously dude--- maybe its not the pills that has redueced her sex drive for you---hint hint--- thanks for divorcing her so God can send her a man that truly loves and care for her...
I had to stop taking seasonique because it only made my periods worse. I have a natural 21 day cycle (2 weeks no period 1 week period) and the first three months on seasonique I had my period like usual. Then the next 3 months I had bleeding and spotting everyday so I had to get off of it. I take Ocella now which actually successfully changed my cycle to 28 days. I have endometriosis and the  worst thing for it is periods. Since the Ocella was able to curb my period my gyno suggested I skipped the placebo pills and just start my next pack. I did and ended up having a 3 week period. WHAT THE HECK!?!?! Anybody else have this? That if they try to stop their period it just stays longer?
I was taking sesoniquie and then a doctor took me off so I went to anther doctor & he put me back in I've been bleeding for 7 days now & it's only im only in the 2 nd month of the pack how long will this bleeding last?
Well, we're alll really happy that YOU don't have any problems, but not everyone is just like you. It's rude of you to  belittle other poeple's problems just because this pill doesn't cause any for you. Maybe if the pill caused your period to continue for over 30 DAYS or you to gain 20 pounds you might feel differently. I hope you're not a nurse; I doubt you would be able to express any sympathy to your patients when they are in pain.
ive been taking seasonique for over a year,its the 3 month then period one.so i came on period on the 3rd month like normal.it was july 22,2012. i had to stop taking the pills bc of no money to buy them.so i was able to get the pills and started on aug 19.no period.was wondering would i be back on tract for the every three month period.could i be pregnant
I think you have endometriosis, have you dr do the procedure to see
Seasonique is the only BC that work for me use it for 5 yr due to endometriosis. I stop for like two yrs and cramping starting back so am on the generic seasonique and am not liking it.  
there is a generic..amethia
i was on seasonique for 4-5 yers. I got a blood clot in my L calf. DVT..It traveled to my Right lung.PE.. I was hospitalized for a week. 36 years old no health problems ever. Exercised regularly! Very scary
Ok... I can tell you have no idea what your actually talking about I on the other hand actually work in the medical field so I'll educate you. That's great that your side effects weren't bad these women come on here for advice not to battle ignorance so now let me educate you NO FEMALES body is the same! Every body is different. Every body has different hormone levels, estrogen levels, etc. It shows your lack of intelligence when you dare to say that side effects only happen to people who are angry and want to post comments on them. Before you open your mouth regarding anything medical information preferably on the human body and how it works you should probably do your research so an RN doesn't go up against you, call you out for your lack of knowledge about the human body and look like a moron.
Amen! I am an RN and this person is a complete moron! Unless they work in the medical field like I do they have no business assaulting any of the women on here seeking advice from other women about a birth control method. Every woman's body is different and has different levels of hormones - some low some high. What works well for one may not be best for others I always assumed that was common sense but the joke is on me clearly showing that this person lacks intelligence. As someone who actually works in the medical field I do apologize for someone's ignorance and I will tell you that you need to consult your physician about the issue. Ask them to run tests just to make sure everything is ok even if they tell you it is it's better to be safe than sorry.
Jerk. A real man stands by his "woman" no matter what she's going through. And he doesn't make the relationship all about him. What if the lowered sex drive were due to cancer or miscarriage-- would you dump her then? Probably. She's better off without you.
Been on Seasonique (generic: Daysee) for 4 days and it's a mixed bag.  My mood has been better than ever, but my anxiety is off the charts.  I've had 2 migraines since starting this pill, which I've never had in my entire life.  Nausea and heartburn have been bad despite using the pill vaginally instead of orally (which always worked wonders for nausea with other pills).  

I feel very tense like I'm going to have a stroke.  I keep telling myself that's not likely since I'm only 30, don't smoke/drink and am not overweight.  Maybe it's the anxiety talking but I'm a tad worried.  

People always say to give new birth control time so your body can adjust, but how accurate is that?  Has anyone ridden out bad side effects and had them improve with time?  I can stand a few weeks of this but if it's permanent I'm tapping out.  
Mine didn't get better with time.  I stopped birth control completely and went to period tracking.   It works for me cause I have always had clockwork periods.  I was only using bc for preventing pregnancy. So I have a tracker and avoid having sex during fertile time frames and has proven the best method for me since 2011 when I stopped seasonique and made my last post.    Some it seems like it got better but I didnt want to risk being a bleeding crazy person for anther 6-7 months after being on it already 6-7 months.  Cause I went from lo  to regular dose it only amplified my systems more.   And after 2-3 months on reg dose the crazy got worse so it wasn't worth it.  Not saying that it couldn't level out.  But how much are you willing to put up with till it does and the effects it could have on others around you.  
How was it when you first started? that's what I'm afraid of. No one ever says they're just like oh yea and after the first pack this happened. Can anyone give me the run down on the first couple weeks what to expect?
My first few days I experienced spotting, slight nausea, and I was constantly freezing. The second week the spotting stopped, but I now have a white discharge which my dr says is normal. The nausea has stopped and I'm not as cold as much. My boyfriend says I have been moody but I'm sure that will subside too. I haven't taken birth control in 5 yrs. I got my tubes tied after my last child.  I am only on this because of all the negative effects getting my tubes tied has caused. Acne, mood swings, irregular periods, ovarian cysts.  I have noticed my appetite has increased alot. I usually ate a banana for breakfast n then dinner now I am starving all day. Hope this helps.