Bleeding after IIUS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding after IIUS

Hi, I had an abortion 2 month ago and I put an IUS by then. I didn´t cheched my IUS since then and I'm still bleeding (like brown as u finish your period)every day. The other day I was in a Sexual health clinic and they didn't want to check my IUS because they didn't have time too busy and They told me is normal to bleed and I will bleed up to 6 month. That is true? what is your recomendation? Will I have to go again?
Sometimes brown vaginal discharge may persist for 3-4 weeks after the IUS but if it persists for months then it needs to be investigated.  In some cases however there is cause for concern like  hormonal imbalance, cervical cancer, pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia .You should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.