Bleeding for a year!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Bleeding for a year!

I have bled all year except for May.  The bleeding has varied from heavy to spotting.  Twice my OBGYN has prescribed Provera. The first time it worked and that's why I didn't bleed in May.  This time it slowed the bleeding but I hasn't stopped. I have been on birth control pills for 2 months now and the bleeding has not stopped.  I am pretty much spotting but the color varies from almost black to bright red.  Also I am still passing clots that vary in size.  Now my doctor is on vacation for 3 wks. I don't know what to do I just want the bleeding to stop! My doctor has also given me Iron Pills to take. Any suggestions?
I started bleeding at the beginning of the year and it continued for 4 months without stopping. I did some research and found out I have PCOS. I went to the doctor and they were able to confirm this diagnosis. Look up PCOS and see if you have similar symptoms.If so, suggest this to your doctor.