WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Can you get pregnant the last day of your period?
by Unbreakable09, Nov 24, 2007
I am on no type of birth control, what so ever, and i was wondering if i could get pregnant the last day of my period. My boyfriend & I had sex last, no protection, and he came inside of me. I was wondering how much of a possibility it could be that i might end up pregnant.
Member Comments (432)
by Heather5, Nov 24, 2007
Yes, there is a chance you could get pregnant from having sex on the last day of your period. It all depends on when you ovulate. How long are your cycles, and how many days do you usually have your period?
by Unbreakable09, Nov 24, 2007
I start the last week of every month.. and go for about 6 days.
by Heather5, Nov 24, 2007
OK, I guess that means your cycles are about 30 days then, since most months are around 30 days, and it sounds like you get it the same time every month. That probably means you ovulate about 14 days prior to the first day of your period, which means around cycle day 16 or so. So you're probably OK then, since you had sex on day 6, and you most probably don't ovulate until day 16.

In other words, I don't think you have to worry too much. Chances are very low that you would get pregnant. The only way you could get pregnant from that would be if for some reason you ovulate much earlier than normal this month. But if I were you, I would definitely use a condom or some other form of protection in the future, even if you're on your period...just in case :-)

Take care!

by spade22, Nov 25, 2007
YES you can.
by Unbreakable09, Nov 25, 2007
thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

btw.. spade, i take it thats happened to you or you know someone its happened too?
by spade22, Nov 25, 2007
It hasn't happened to me but it happened to my friend - Anytime you have unprotected sex, you run the risk of getting pregnant.  

BTW: My friend was very religious and always complained about people having sex before marriage!  Imagine our surprise when she announced she was pregnant to her boyfriend!  Due to religious reasons she  didn't believe in birth control and her, and her boyfriend who was in MED SCHOOL, assumed that having sex right before her period was "safe".  Needless to say, she got married about 2 months later.
by Unbreakable09, Nov 25, 2007
oh.. wow.
by CourCourt615, Nov 27, 2007
Hey i was just curious....i normally start my period on the the last thursday of each month, or around the 23rd but always on a thursday towards the end of the month, and i am on my last day of it today 11-27-2007. I am on birth control and have been for about a year (the pill) and my boyfriend came in me tonight for the first time...i took my pill right after and douched...what are my chances of being pregnant??
by Heather5, Nov 27, 2007
Well, if you're on the pill, chances are very low (I believe less than 1%). It shouldn't matter that you took the pill after you had sex, as long as you take it every day and about the same time. I don't think you have anything to worry about!