Cervical Polyp 'falling out' vagina
Hello, I had a question regarding cervical polyps. A few days ago, I experienced abnormal vaginal bleeding during sex, went to the doctor, cervix was examined and I was told that I had a polyp, and will have a follow-up apptmt scheduled in the next few weeks to have it removed. I had not experienced any other bleeding, periods are normal, and I'm on the pill (hence, the doctor/nurse felt that this may have contributed). Also, last pap smear a few weeks ago was normal. However, the day after I had sex (and before my cervix exam), I was taking a shower, and afterwards had something fall out of my vagina. It was not a discharge, but a skin-like, flesh the shape of a small stalk...Very very thin. It was very dark grey in colour for the most part, and had whitish colour at the end of it. It was like bulb-like at the top and then when into a stalk. It was not a discharge. With what I've read about cerv polyps, I figured this was detached from when I had intercourse, and it was a polyp. But when I had the cervix exam, there was one found (which I'm having removed). I asked if it was possible that I had 2 polyps, and one had fallen out, but the nurse could not confirm this. Is it likely that this was a polyp? It prob could strength about 4-5cm in size, very thin. Could it have been something else? what?  Do cervical polyps and endocervical polyps look the same?

This discussion is related to Bleeding during and after intercourse.