Chills and chest muscle pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chills and chest muscle pain

I had an odd experience last night...the second time it has happened in the last two months. The first time I woke in the middle of the night with chills. I thought I was coming down with something and took my temp. It was over a point BELOW normal. I shivered uncontrollably and could not stop it. It lasted for some time and the next day my chest muscles were very sore and (surprise) I was tired. It happend again last night but began just as I was going to bed. Again, I felt like I had a fever, but my body temp was over a point below normal. I took some ibuprofen and put a heating pad on my feet and it helped slightly, but I spent the night very uncomfortably with seemingly internal chills and woke this morning again with very sore chest muscles. They are even sore to the touch. It's primarily the pectoral muscles. My neck is also somewhat sore, but not stiff. I am assuming the muscle pain is from tension from the shivering. But what can be causing the shivering?

i also experience this...  and it has becoming more and more frequent.
i've been to the dr's.  he's now sending me to have chest xrays and bloodwork.  he seems to think it's a thyroid problem...  i just hope we can figure it out soon.  
i'm finding that i'm now nauseous, and my body aches for hours afterwards.  mostly upper body like yourself.  i use a heating pad on my chest which helps get rid of the chills quicker.
i've noticed that it follows ovulation...  it's not right to feel so cold and have teeth chattering shivers when it's 100 degrees outside!!
Anabolic Activator Assessment
2 hrs ago by gymdandee
pb95 commented on photo
KTowne, pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals