Could I be pregnant? 10 days late but negative test results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-469 comments:
My last period was either october 18, or 19. I was supposed to have my next period nov 14 and I am late. Could I be pregnant?
I'm 16 and I'm 5 weeks late on my period my last time having sex was September 23 I think and it was unprotected. I've been having symptoms like back pains bad cramps in my lower abdominals and my stomach I'm always sleepy I have a lot of white discharge and sometimes it feels like I peed on my self I got to the every freaking minute and I eat as twice as much then I use two and I took 2 test on the 30th of last mth and they came out negative
?  Do y'all think I can be prego?  Plaza help me
I am currently a nursing mother of a 7 month old.  I haven't had a period since my son was born, but started the mini-pill Micronor when he was 4 months.  I took the pill for three months, and experienced some light spotting at random times.  I stopped the pill a month ago today, because I stopped having sex.  For nearly 3 weeks now I have been experiencing what feels like pre-menstrual pains, and before the pain started I was extremely fatigued among other things.  It all feels very intense.  Everything in my body tells me I'm pregnant, but all the urine, and one blood test (one week ago) have been negative.  Is this period going to come?  The results make me think its just a really bad period yet to arrive....but I am convinced that there is a little one growing inside...ithink about 9-10 weeks.  I know all I have to do is wait a few more weeks, and if nothing comes the doctor will send me for an ultrasound.  I haven't told anyone besides the doctor.  The wait is killing me!  what's going on? anyone ad a similar exerience?
im 14 and i had sex 2weeks and 1 day ago and i had some blood yesterday it goes in dif colours but im heavy but not my norm heavy heavy & my breasts are killing have been for a week and ive been feeling sick but not puked yet,, i dont know wether i can take a test on monday as i might just be on im so confused ,, ive feel ill now & get butterflys and tierd all the time and i had  ONLY 1 shooting pain up my spine the other day in skl,,, i dunno what to do help.
For this month I was 11 days late on my period but I still got it , I've been experiencing pregnancy symptoms but my test were coming out negative , could I be pregnant even though it came , I'm going to the dr but m app is so long away and the anticipation is killing me .
Last period I’ve had was Sept 22. I was on the pill but I stopped taking them because it gave me bad headaches. I usually use a condom, lately pullout method or my boyfriend nuts in me from time to time. I haven’t had a period since Sept My breast are tender but that’s the only thing different I can tell as of now I have mood swings but I dont think thats really new I don’t have morning sickness or anything. Im only 18 so I doubt Im going through menopause & im sure I dont have an STD . I took a hpt just because but it came out negative, I didnt take it serious because it was only a dollar. Am I pregnant ?
Im was removed my blood cyst in womb last april, So Dr an advice me to take injection to stop my period for 6months. . My last injection was 17 September 2011. But until now i haven't get my period. Sometimes i feel like symptoms of pregnancy. It is got chance to be pregnant.
I had taken two prenancy tests and they came out positive and then I went to the clinic and the test there came out negative..so I took a blood test , and I called in today to ask them about my prenancy test and the nurse didn't want to tell me about my blood results ! It would be useless to go back just so they could tell me that I'm not pregnant ! And I'm ten days late .
im now 10days late an negative pregnant.test.....doc nxt week.....an ive been having.a few symptoms.....this is crazy...i took 2$ test tho
I'm about 2 weeks late 4 test say neg I had bad cramps and spotting for about 2 days.can I still b preg even thoe say neg. I have 1 child that is 7 month and The first test I took with him said possitive so am little confused please help thank u Xxx
iam 5 days late and i took 3 pregnant test , and they all cameback negetive . iam not sure if iam pregnant or not . give me advice what to do.  thanks.
The morning after pill will NOT kill the baby...if the egg has already been fertilized then the pill will not do anything...it only blocks the sperm from fertilizing the egg
Okay my period was suppose to start on December 9th (my last period was November 9th 2011) It is now December 20th. I am having cramping, tender breasts. When I was having sexual intercourse with my boyfriend we had to stop because I had started cramping really bad and spotting (dark brown) it lasted for about 20 minutes (the pain) and spotting stopped after that night. That was about 4 days ago when it happened. We have yet to have sex again. Also I wasnt on birth control for awhile then started the pill which I forgot regularly so I discontinued using it. I am 21yrs old and had one failed pregnancy about a yr and 2 months ago. I took two pregnancy tests (clear blue) One yesterday and the other 2 nights ago, both were negative. I am also having discharge that made me feel like it was my period starting but it wasnt.Could it be pregnancy or something else? And what else could it be because I am very worried. I have a family history of cirvical cancer and ovarian cancer. Please help
I an 13 days late and have had the blood test and still negative could I be pregnant?
My last period was 12-25-11 I have took test but they all have came up negative I spotted for 2 days around the 2ent of feb then stopped then had very light blood for one day and haven since but I have a irregular period is it normal???  
last month my period takes  15 days and also  doctor found out that i have UTI
and my cycle is always 28 days,,but now i am 10 days late ,,hows that?
does it change bcos i have been bleeding 15 days last month? help.
I have taken 3 test one when I was 2 days late, 5 says late and now 8. every test has came out neg but its not normal to be 8 days late for me. I don't know if I should just wait it out or take a blood test. This would be my first pregnancy so I wld like to know asap
Can any of give me an update on the above posts? I am in the same situation now and really frustrated... I have an appointment with my Gyno only in two weeks time... I would love to hear from any of you:)
ive had three negitive test  and i dnt kno for sho if im pregnant or not cause im 7 dayz late on my pms and my breast are sore and i have major headaches idk kno if i should wait and take another one or get a blood test dne but i need to kno cuz i would be high risk because i lost my first child and had two misscarrages i think im stressng because im scared...im prayin for the best..cuz god knos best.
dont feel bad, i had my tubal done 16 years ago, this past jan 2 i had my last period and as of now im 2 months late, did take home pregnancy test it did come out negative, and still have same prenancy symptoms, what were your final results? curious
on jan 12th i got my periods . we had sex on 24th i got my periods late i got on 12th feb.. am i pregnant .. we dont want children right now .. plz can any one help me in this matter .. plz mail me u answers to lohitha.***@**** ...  
Did you find out if you were preg or not? I'm having the same problem. Just wanted to know if u had possitive results?
Hiya i was wondering if anyone could help me out a little i had my period 11th Jan until 16th Jan wer now in Feb and my period hasnt arrived im 15days late no signs of my period atall ive done tests and they're comin back negitive but ive got all the sypoms of pregnacy im confussed and jst want to no whats up with me?
me in the exact same situation. desperately trying to have a baby since 14 months. never late on my preiods, not even by a day, not even when i am under stress. never happened yet since the time i started menstruating. but this time i am late by 3 days. just keep getting pre-menstrual symptoms like slight cramps, bloated abdomen and gas but no periods. no pregnancy symptoms either as i read online. 2 HPT negative. i am going crazy, what do i do????????????
I'm in the same boat I'm 11 days late and still no sign of af and all tests neg :/ im emotional all the time and it's now doing my head in I dunno what to believe as my mate didn't know til she wa 7 months as all test were neg that she did and my other mate didn't know til she was 3 months so it proper starting to do my head in as I wana be preg but don't wana get my hopes up :(
I am 15 days late on my period and have been feeling like I'm having cramps every now and then, but no period. I've taken 1 home pregnancy test and it came back negative, then when I went to the doctors for my finger she asked me why my period was late I said I don't know and she made me take a pregnancy test before she could give me any medication and it came back negative. Also, my boobs have become very tender recently; just like they would before I start my period. I don't know what's wrong with me! haha
My Boyfriend and I had intercourse about 4 days ago and it was right after my peroid. I have been waking up sick in the morning and having some cramping could I be pregnant. This s the first time I have ever had intercourse with him
i missed my periods for a week but i dont want to becum pregnant is there is chance of getting pregnant my period date was 15/02/2012 we had sex on 09/03/2012
today is (3/21/12) i am in the same boat.. im 8 days late .. i took three pregnancy test one i was 3 days late(3/16/12) , 5 days late(3/18/12) then 8 days late(today) and all said negative , called my OB and they said they can do a blood test but they said wait one more week then if i havnt started my period then call them and they will do blood work... this will be my 3rd child..(5 1/2 year old and a 3 year old) my other kids i took a test when i was 4-6 weeks when i got a positive if i am pregnant now i would be 5 weeks and 6 days pregnant right now but i dont know if i am or not....so im goin to wait for another week and see (no period) then calling my OB .. i still might take a test saturday(3/24/12)or sunday (3/25/12) to see if i get a positive test b4 goin in to the OB... we are wanting another baby but not yet but if i am pregnant then its all good....
any luck find out if u are or not?
My goodness.. I thought I was the only one going through this.. My husband and I have been trying for almost 6 months!! This month I'm  12 days late and my period is always on time.. Ive taken about 4 hpt and the all say negative... I have pain in my lower back and a lot of heart burn.. I went to the hospital for a blood test but they told me to wait another week and test again.. If it comes out negative again to go for a blood test.. I have no other children could this be normal when trying for the first?...
since last two year i am always late for 7 to 10 days and now i am going to get married. If the period being late it may cause get pregnant ?
Hi ive had 3 children but five pregnancies when i was pregnant the last two times i took tests and they kept coming back negative but i knew i was pregnant straight away even hospital test through the drs was negative too eventualy a weel later showed up positive so you still could be pregnant my girls tests showed both up within a week just my sons ones didnt i think im pregnant at the momment few days late for my period but two tests took say negative so im not sure this time i do have some symtons but i dont feel it like i did with my other children. so waiting a week to see what happens fingers crossed for us both that we both come out happy good luck karen
SO over not knowing for sure. argh have been having relatively regular cycles going by my highest cycle this year 32 days (dropping once in 12 months to 27only four of these months being the same aug-sept 29/30)  I am now 10 days late (Day 42) it would have been probably 5 years ago the last time i had a high cycle of 39days.  I too have had pregnancy symptoms of which I certainly hope are not all in my head (i try not to dream up and imagine a little bubble of what will happen once I fall pregnant - been there done that and it hurts too much) - I have been very cautious with my emotions being that it has been several years since I married and have recently found out that my husband has a low sperm count. Stupid us for not finding out sooner! It was during aug-sept last year that I was taking fertility vitamins with my husband for a 3 month period sort of like a last ditch attempt at falling pregnant naturally the months wore on me after years of trying and not trying, such an emotion rollercoaster! We plan on having IVF in July once the private cover kicks in so how lovely would it be to know We have $10,000 to spend buying the baby things as apposed to IVF. But I know and my husband know we can't get our hopes up. getting our hopes up means feelings of hopelessness and devastation and even worse for me once AF arrives. Symptoms - bloating, constipation in the beginning then diarrhea last night it woke me from my sleep I had a lot of cramping pain at the same time and i can't distinguish if it was from food I ate or if it was to do with my cycle TMIIK!!, cramping like AF on her way but shooting pains too, eggwhite mucus on and off, frequent need to pee, tired way more than usual and as soon as I wake, had what i thought might have been metallic taste in mouth a few times, lower backpain  - I've taken two pregnancy tests in the same day same brand and not on the first pee of the day lol and I promised myself that I would not test again until Friday either way I just wish that a the next test tells me what I hope for :) (highly unlikely :(  ) or b AF bloody well shows! Otherwise it means off to a specialist to find out what else could be possibly wrong. Which I really hope doesn't happen as it only means another hurdle in the way as if IVF wasn't enough.
I meant to say I took those tests over the weekend which was 39.  And my boobs are sore esp under the arms and the veins are quite showing I'm hoping for the best but i know these are all signs of AF coming too argh
the last time i had sex was on the 14th which was valentines day.I got my period after that.  but then a couple weeks later the longest i had sex with my boyfriend was around 1 minute as i was due my period again. i am now still waiting for my period i am 10 days late i took a pregnancy test but it came back negative im normaly regular with my periods and im now really starting to worry. I have emotional times randomly, im sleepy alot, and get headaches regulary.Please help could i be pregnant
I had my period March 1. lasted 4.5-5 days, as usual. Today is 4/8. Im late. Late enough for me to notice. So lets break it down. I'm married, and been having intercourse (obviously lol) I was suppose to start March 28, give or take a day or two. Not 11.  I'm on CD 39. The longest cycle I have had since 2005 except with my 2 pregnancies is 36 days (yes I have been keeping track that long) I took a test the day my period was "officially late" which was 3/29 FMU, negative. Took one 4/4 (1 week late) FMU, negative. I found out I was pregnant with my first son a few days after my period was due, but my second son it took about a week. I have had no unusual stress, no extra exercise, no change in anything. Only thing different, no period. I have been having on and off mild cramping for a week now. Feels like I am going to start my period, but nothing. Lots of watery cm, keep thinking AF has came on, but no. Sometimes it is thick--ish? creamy and white. Some (TMI) thick snottier discharge but not much, almost looks like a pale yellow. No itching, no burning, no infection. CP is medium and med-soft. I'm unusually sleepy (I function well going to bed at 11 and getting up at 630 for work) Headaches, pretty badly. Off and on nausea, can barely take down more than 1/2 cup of coffee in the mornings. No vomiting. Not sure what to think. I have never been *this* late for my period in 7 years. I'm not asking for someone to tell me I am or am not pregnant, just some insight. Has this happened to anyone else? Not your mom's cousin's next-door-neighbor's sister, but to you, or someone literally close to you. I know a blood test is the only thing to do at this point, but I have an appointment for a physical next week anyways, which by then I would think a hpt would be positive, but what if not? Has anyone had negative tests then a positive one after 5 weeks pregnant? Hpt not a blood test. I would be 5w4d pregnant tomorrow... Planning on taking another test on 4/12 (6 weeks pregnant, if I am pregnant) I will post updates.
I'm 10 days late, and had 3 neg so far :/ but I'm always feelin like I want to sleep and keep gettin pains like I'm goin to come on :/ what should I doo :( x
Did you find out if you were pregnant yet? I am going through the same thing. I am now 10 days late, no tender breast, but peeing more frequently, dizzy spells, mood swings and light pinching in my lower abdomen. I am stressing out because my AF usually last 34 days but the longest ive ever been late is 41 days. I am now at 44 days which is 10 days past. What happened with you? Did you get your period or did you find out u were pregnant? Im going insane and need someone to say what ended up happening so I get some ideas. Please help.
hey did u turn out to be pregnant? please let me know
could of been a phantom pregnancy. This can happen when the desire to be pregnant is so strong, your mind can actually cause the symptoms of pregnancy. Also, if you have endometriosis, depending on they type of ligation and still very rare, pregancy can happen. The growth from edometriosis can link the two sides and make a passage for the egg. More times than not, it result in an ectopic pregnancy though. Look up symptoms for endometriosis and see if this is a possibility for you then consult your ob/gyn. I just had surgery for my endometriosis. This can be done if needed.  
I too had a tubal ligation and just recently had it reversed. In the past I have had similar symptoms before the reversal and also since. My husband and I would love to have another child. As for the reversal, I did have success still in both tubes, though it has been 1 year and still no pregnancy. One tube is still functional, so we are praying. Hope everything worked out with you.
Im 10 days missed period no signs of Nuthin. Wat should I do should I jus go to the doc n take a blood test or hpt. Need help this my first time going thru this.
Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!! I am 11 days late. My first day of my last period was on April 26 am rarely late!! I been feeling lower back pain tenderness in my breast am very moody...and for some reason milk grosses me out and i LOVE milk!! I took a hpt 2 days ago and it come out negative:( could i still be pregnant??
I'm 10 days late too a test this morning and it was negative I'm usually on time with my periods... other 2 times I was pregnant showed up right after 3 weeks
I'm 10 days late and having a few pregnancy symptoms such as cramping on and offm nausea on and off, more tired than usual, breast tenderness and i'm hungry mostly all day but when I do eat, I get bloated fast.
I took a HPT yesterday after noon, and I was BFN :(
Me and my Fiancee are TTC and have been for almost a year. Neither of us have kids already, so I literally have no idea what to expect.
Can anyone please give me some advice on what I should / could do next.
Did anyone one have the same as me and turn out to be pregnant?
I was ten days late as of yesterday, I've had three negative ept's yesterday I woke up and the tampon I had put in the night before had some, but not much old brown blood on it. Over the course of the day I had one tampon that had some thick mucus like redish pink blood on it and then the bleeding almost stopped for the rest of the day and have had small amounts of that same old blood with little bits of more of the redish pink blood throughout the day and a little this morning. I'm wondering if this is an unusually late, uncommonly light and pain free period or if this might be some implantation bleeding. Also, my boobs are like huge compared to two weeks ago, I've been having some slight nausea and some defiant bitchiness. I'm sort of freaking out a little because I don't know if I want to be pregnant or not and more importantly then that I don't know if I am or not, I keep taking pregnancy tests and they keep coming up neg, Does anybody have anything that they could tell me that might help because I really need to know soonish if I am pregnant or not so I can tell my Ex, and make other arrangements. Please can anyone help me.
hey Sabrina...I am experiencing the same thing u experienced....can u tel me wat exactly happened...n wat did u do..blood test or USG...tahnks
im in the same boat im always on time or max 2 days late but today i am 4 days late with negative HPT everyday for the last 5 days. Ive been ttc for 6 months and evry month is the same heartbreak i realy want to be pregnant
Im 11 days late and all the hpt i've take are negative :/ it worries me because i feel pregnant even my tummy feels tight i guess is bloatness, nausea my brest are ok sometimes they itch but the the test are negative. could it be the stress?? im getting married this month
Hi there I have not been sexually since 2 months ago I had my last period on July 5 but I haven't come on my period this month I'm 20 days late and im scared I don't want to be pregnant please help me oh n I gt back pain just once and I get cramps on and off like period cramps I haven't taken a test yet I'm too scared just incase it come bk positive :'( please help on this as I don't no wt it cud be
well let me start off by saying im reading because im in the same boat. I dermoid cyst removed from my ovaries in october and was told that i still had the machinery to get pregnant. I never was regular with the cyst but after having it removed i became regular until now. I am currently 10 days late and have taken at least 5 test that have come up negative.  I just left the clinic and the urine test was also negative. I will be waiting another week to take the test again. If not I will be heading to see if the cyst has returned.  I do have one child thanks to clomid but i do believe the clomid cause the cyst
Riya, having experience to guide about pregnancy, domestic tests.. you can E-mail: riya.gyno_guide***@****
00923435214786
Yes im 3 weeks late on my period but yet agian i been irregular since like ever but i been feeling everything from symptons yes me and my husband been trying and i swear i feel something in my stomach but then agian im taking a ultrasound since doctors here where i live are not fans of blood test so i rather do a ultrasound because is cheaper and is going to give me a real picture and my answer and yes i have prepare my self for the answer if its a no then it will still hurt but at least i know
i'm due to my period since 14th nov do u think i'm pregnant.
10 days late never late feel fine though 2 neg test ill keep you updated
I have the same thing. Im 10 days late today & I have taken multiple Home preg tests & all negative. I'm stressing out not knowing whats going on.
Hey! No, thank goodness. I was just super late that time, it was weird.
Oops, didn't see that it wasn't directed at the OP. Haha.
Hi . Im 18 years old and i havent gotten my period is 9 days late i feel cramps but no period ? I had sex 3 weeks ago took a oregnacy test and came out negative im really worriiedd i need help? :;(
I  am also 10 days late haven't had a period since the 7th March I have done 3 test and they are negative I don't want to go to the doctors for them to say no too. Please help
I  am 10 days late my last period was April 1st I took 4 test 2 were postive and 2 were negative  could I be pregnancy
im 14 days late about a week ago had two negetives im praying every day i am i feel pregant it would be my third i look bloated and am.very moody some weird feeligs in tummy idk im scared to get a negative but still no period im gonna wait and.leave in gods hands pray for me ladies
hi am 17 days late and took loads off pregnancy tests all negative my symptoms is nausea on and off bad cramps needing a wee alot more moody and tired i went to the doctors today and she said its because im pregnant or stressed so she told me to do a urine test and i get the results fri so i will let u all know                                                                                                              
had the results back from the doctors it was negative so i dont know what could be wrong
I'm not looking for a yes/no your pregnant or not, just some insight ?! My last period was April 24-28, and it was due June 29 according to my period tracker I have on my phone, so that makes me about to be 10 days late. Usually before my period I get sore boobs, cramps, the works. But this time I didn't get sore boobs til my period was due, and now I have sore nipples (tmi sorry)..Well on day 7 of being late I took a test, and a few hrs later went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding just a little bit, very light, that was the only time I saw it, and it's been gone ever since. I've been starving and can only eat a few bites before I get full, used to go to sleep around 1-2 a.m., now i'm ready for bed by 9:30 (except tonight, my hubby is a truck driver and I'm waiting up for him to get off work *yawn* lol)..I have a nurse friend who told me that it's very likely that I'm pregnant, and I thought I'd share what she told me about testing. She also said that I would only be about 4 weeks and 5 or so days by now if I am, and I shouldn't try to test again til after 5 weeks.

This is what she said about the spotting at 7 days late: "bright colored can mean...well basically the egg has made its home in the uterus
Its when it drops. Sometimes people bleed when it happens, it's fairly common.

And this is about why it takes so long for some of us to test: "the zygote is implanted in your ovarie...conception then moves to the fundus the top part of your uterus it stays there and grows until about 3-4 weeks
Then goes into the uterus
That's when the hgc hormone is made that makes a pregnancy test positive.

I just hope this is finally the month for us, cause we have been trying for almost a year. And I think if I spotted 2-3 days ago for a couple hours, wouldn't AF have started already if I weren't?? Anyways, waiting a few more days to test, i'll update asap!
I am 2 weeks late for my period and I took 2 hpt and they were negative.  I also took  urine and blood test at the gyn and they were negative.  But I have never in my life been late n my cycle and is very confused. Has anyone experienced this?  Please help.
Viewing 401-469 comments: