Could I be pregnant? 10 days late but negative test results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi! I am on my 11th day of being late for my period. The first day of my last period was sept. 23 and my periods are regular (28-30 day cycles). All of the pregnancy tests have said negative, and the doctor told me to wait one more week before a blood test. I was wondering if anyone has been pregnant after having negative test results this late from period.
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Yes, I got a neg. test when I was almost 7 weeks. I KNEW I was pregnant and the Dr. kept telling me that the test was neg. So I demanded a blood test and ultrasound and the baby was indeed there. She is now 7 years old! Hope it turns out for you!
Did the blood test show that you were pregnant? I hate the anticipation!!!
I have a girlfriend that took HPT for 10 weeks and they all showed negative. And yes she was pregnant! So if I were you I would definately have the blood test done.
was everything ok with the pregnancy? i guess it just seems like if it wouldn't show up that something would be wrong w/ the baby
yes, a blood test from the doctor is the most postive way of finding out if you're pregnant or not.
I don't know if most tests these days would keep saying negative after being over a week late. If nalla's friend's dd is now 7 it's worth noting that most tests these days are probably far more improved than they were 7 years ago in picking up on hcg levels. But still there's always the chance that some tests won't. Have you been varying the brands of tests that you're using? If so then I would think that a negative result is pretty accurate by now. A late AF doesn't always mean pregnancy - there are other reasons for a late or missed AF that are worth looking into. Good luck!
I only took first response tests, I still havn't started yet so i'm waiting. My doctor told me that I could have ovulated later than I thought, which could mean i'll get my period later, or the pregnancy won't show up as soon. I havnt taken a test since tuesday so I'm going to take another test probably sunday, and then doctor on monday or tuesday.
I'm in the same boat... 10 days late, negative test.. no signs of anything other than emotional instability....

Any chance I could still be pregnant?
I completely know how you feel! I am now going on my sixth day late and 2 neg test so far! I don't really know what to think...both my other pregnancys showed up right away!?! My husband thinks that it is because i am just telling myself that i am pregnant...but i prayed that it would go one way or another cause atleast if i got my period i could try again...ya know!?! If you want, we can keep in touch and see what happens! =) I think we should just leave it in gods hands! ;) <3
Alright. I give up. *throws Hpt*

Another BFN @ 11/12 days late. I dont know what's going on. I don't get it.

Boo on this.

haha.

Grr..
I am currently 10 days late and 6 tests negative. I went to the doctor and had blood work done, it too came out negative. I have 2 other kids and all the tests that I took with both of them showed negative until I was 8 weeks along... could I still be pregnant?!?!
Hi ladies, i notice how no one ever post about how they end up.
Just letting you know about mine.
my period was 10 days late and i had 3 negative HPT's.... on the 11th day, i woke up with my period! I always had Very regular cycles (29 days), but for some unknown reason i was almost 11 days late and i still dont know why.  my boyfriend and i were convinced i was preg.
Im on the same boat like most of you's.  I have a 2 year old and was always irregular.  after i had him i've never missed a period.  it always came every 30-34 days but i would always get it. I last had it dec15, jan 20, and feb 20.  March came and went and I am now 12 days late.  i have felt so crappy.  @ certain times of the day i get the nausea.  i wake up and my breast are sore, and I have to have at least a glass of milk when i first wake up bc of the fatigue that i get.  I took a test yesterday (11 days late) and it was negative, could i still be pregnant or was it too early to test the hcg levels?
i am too ten days late with 2 negative tests.  i went to the dr this morning (tricare) and it came back negative. Grrr    then the nurse yelled at me and told me that i was only 5 days late and i had to come back in 5 days to take another test. ANY WAYS! my mom was the same way when she was pregers with me.  i REALLY wanna know.   what should i do?  i dunno how long to wait to take another hpt.  i do know that im goin to the dr on tuesday
wow im not alone yay, hehhe well my last period was from feb 26-march 2 we are now on april 20, im barley over a month late bt im still worried that i may be pregnant i went and had a blood test done and it came out negative bt i feel that i may be pregnant...shuld i get another test done? or wait a little more to see if i get my period?
Blood test and home pregnancy tests for me where all negative and I was 9 weeks pregnant before it came out positive. Didn't happen to me with my other two just my son. Only time will tell unfortunately.
Hi everyone, After reading all your stories, I am not alone. I had my last period feb 29, today is April 20, no period still. 2 weeks ago I spotted on mon morning, as well as tues morning. that same fri i went to get blood tests done to see if i was prego...NOPE!!!! I have had the worst cramps, for the last 2 weeks I felt as if my period was going to start, but it didn't. A girl wrote to be telling me that her doctor said that even if you spot, that that is considered day 1. Have any of you ladies herad this before? I have somewhat of a clear eggwhite discharge today, so that could be ovulation right?... Don't you have to have a period in order to ovulate.???
Hiya everyone .. okay i am in exactly the same place except my period is a month late and ive taken 4 home pregnancy tests.. all negative !? and i have absolutly no pregnancy symptoms but just usual pms stuff like bloating n headaches? and im kindof young so its actually really hard for me to go and get a blood test without my family finding out so i am going mental just waiting for stuff ? has anyone had this and then their period has started soon after ? xx
Hi ladies, reading blogs after blogs i guess i'm not the only one assuming i might be pregnant. So my story, i am almost 10 days late. took 3 pregnancy test all came out NEGATIVE. "im going crazy over here."  But i am showing these symptoms: breast tenderness for over 5 days. lower back pains, food cravings, eating a lot more and crazy mood swings. can i be pregnant? or is it just my mind and body playing games with me?

thanks,
Linda
who knows if your pregnant. go get a blood test that will tell you for sure
I had a miscarriage last month and am now 3 days late but now I am barley spotting, only when wiping for the last two days but tests are negavite.  Could I be pregnant?
you never said if you ever even got a period aftwards!

did you have a dnc or did you just assume?
i am currently 10 days late!!! and have taken 2 negative tests! whats going on...i have no symptoms apart from back aches and slight sick feeling, which goes after 10mins or so and my breasts are not tender. i find wearing tites even uncomfortable around my stomach, am i imagining things or am i pregnt?
Hello in febuary i had unprotected sex stupidly
and got the morning after pill 2 days later which was pretty stupid
i started to get really worried
and bad symptons and then spots of blood
and then i came on a light period for like 2 days
i took 4 pregnancy tests
and they were all negative
and then took another 2 like 3 months later because i just kept getting weird symptons
that ive never had before
but i still came on periods quite regular
but to this day
i keep getting cramps and feeling sick when i eat food and i sleep for ages
13 hours a day
ive come up for other reasons why i could be getting cramps and stuff
and i think i could have ibs

if there a slim possibilty i could be pregnant if i am
then that would mean im 6 or 7 months pregnant
but i would feel kicking and stuff
so i REALLY doubt i am

but do you think there could be a chance ?
or am i just being ridiculus !
Hi  I took several pregnancy and blood test all negative, but my lower stomach has significantly grown. I believe I am almost three months. The doctors all think im going loco. I only have unprotected sex. I have heavy breasts, lower back pain, always sleepy and hungry for the same food everyday. Could this be all in my head. From flat stomach to poofy lower stomach. Please I need advice and reallyb fast.
if your getting negative blood test then your not pregnant
i came off the pill in Jan and have recently been trying to get pregnant, i didnt have a period until the April and then i was pretty regular however i am 10 days late now have done 2 hpt and both have been negative! i feel is if my period is going to arrive occassionally but it has passed now. could i be pregnant?
Well, I am certainly not the only one in this situation....
My last period started August 4/2008 - Aug 9/08. We had intercourse Aug 14th....3 days before I ovulated.
I started spotting for 3 days on Aug 18th. Then nothing until my expected period Sept 1st in which I spotted (only when I wiped) for 5 days. Now there is nothing. All preg tests say negative. Went to Doc and they say negative too. I have ALWAYS had a reg 28 day cycle. I have felt nausious once in awhile, mild headaches....NO breast tenderness though. I do find myself peeing more.
Anybody have any advice? I thought I was pregnant but after so many negative tests I am starting to doubt myself. I have 2 kids already in which everything was NORMAL....I could tell I was preg with them 4 days BEFORE expected period.
NOW I'm 9 days late and still NEG preg tests.
Any INFO or encouragment would be GREAT!
Amber
well, i my last period ended on the 23rd August 08 i am now a little over two weeks overdue for my period. im not on contraception and have had alot of unprotected sex (we are trying) but all tests have come back negative, even the last blood test i had. im going for another blood test on tuesday.

and im getting symptoms, like headaches, belly grumbles, neusea, tummy pains, light headedness.

from what everyone is writing, im not alone, i just wish ppl would put up the outcome. i will!
I the blood test is coming up negative then you are not pregnant.  I have never heard of "belly grumbles" as being a sign of pregnancy, thats you stomach telling you that it needs food.
Well I'm 10 days late just took another test for a negative result. I'm beginning to think it's all mind games at this point. I'm giving up. I'm irregular so maybe stress is delaying my period. I would love a baby now but I guess it just isn't my time right now. Who knows maybe my period will show. All I have is lower back pains, headaches, emotional outbursts, but these are also symptoms of PMS. I'll continue waiting. I'm giving myself until October 19th and then I'm going to the doctor for a blood test. Wish me luck I really want a baby but I guess I'm wishing for something that just isn't there. I'll keep you posted, and I wish you all the best of luck .
I see I'm not alone here.  I'm 13 days late. I've taken 3 HPT test and all were negative.  I see some women previously stated that it happened to them before.  Has anyone found out if they were indeed pregnant or got their period afterwards?  Is there a cause other than stress why as to you wouldn't get your period.  This is the 2nd time this has happened to me.  The 1st time I was only 7 days late and my period came right on after leaving the doc office.  Doc said it was stress. This time I'm experiencing vomitting, nausea, headaches, lower back pain and light headedness sitting down, laying down or taking a car ride.  I have cramps as if I may start my period. I  go dashing to the b'room it's nothing...Am I pregnant?  I see going to docotor maybe me a waste of time.  Any helpful advise? Anyone here actually pregnant despite the neg HPT?
you might not be pregnant you might be. you might be pregnant but have really low hormones indicating miscarriage. sounds like you are pregnant. get a blood test that will tell you for sure
i feel stupid for asking but how long do ya'll wait for ur period b4 u take a hpt??? i dont wanna get my hopes up and find out im just late for stress but im tired of waiting its driving my ccccrrraaazzzzyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am four days late and 37.  My husband and I have been trying to get PG for almost 8 months now. I am on 100mg of Clomid. I have no systems of starting my period or even being PG.   I have done test after test with my doc in the past few months.  She tells me I am no where near mentapause.  I am coming out of a cold.  I have been on cold meds and wondering if that has something to do with me being late.  I did not realize I was late until 2 days pasr.  However,  I have had a cold in the past and I was not late then.  I read that I should wait a few more days and then test again.  Any ideas???

Yes I have taken a three home PG tests everyday in the mourn for the past three days.  They have been all negative.

OMG - I am glad I found this...and not alone.  I am going on 40 days since my last period (about 5-7 days late) and my boobs are a little larger and some cramping above my inner thigh, took 2 tests and both neg. I only took one in the morning.  I was going to wait another 5 or so days and see what happens.  Is there anyone out there that actually did get a positive result after a few negatives???  Help relieve my worrying - I am 38.
OMG so glad to here im not the only one going out of my mind im 8 days late and got a negative result on my hpt which i did wen i woz 5 days late and still no sign of my period iv allways been regular every month im now just gonna wait and do another test in a couple of days if i have a no show of my period . but at 8 days late is it possible that i could be pregnant and why the negative result PLEASE HELP im 22 and a mummy to 1 allready
I am in a similar situation, I am 7 days late (based on my longest previous cycle of 34 days) I have done a HPT today and it was negative. I am not sure if I have any symptoms as everything I feel could be related to normal menstrual cycle and some could be imagination.

I called my GP surgery for advice and my Dr called back. She told me it wasn't unusual to miss a period! and to test again in 7 days if I still hadn't started but in the mean time to take folic acid.

The GP didn't really tell me anything that I didn't know but she must think there must still be a chance of pregnancy as she is advising to retest and take folic acid.

i have had a miscarriage before, last august 2008. now, i've had unprotected intercourse but has been regular since... but this month, i am about 10/14 days delayed.  I've been constantly hungry, burping a lot. but i dont get any morning sickness, i dont feel like vomiting and have no cramps either.. now the constant hunger and burping are fading but i still didnt get my period.. i havent taken any pt yet, could i be pregnant? or am i just thinking that i might be? i've been an irregular when i was 14-16 yrs old.. but i've been a regular since.. am already 25.
So i got my period jan. 1st then had protected sex jan. 19th got my period jan. 21.....10 days early...and this month im 10 days late...i took 2 tests and they were both negative....i was sick a few days ago and lost my appetite i still havent been eating much....i dont know whats going on....
I am with all of you!! I stopped birth control in Jan. and i got my period jan. 19th thru the 26th. I have had unprotected sex every other day since then and now its March 2nd and no period. but i have had neg. pregnancy tests! I want to know!
Hi All

I am 50 days since my last period. have done a number of pregnancy tests, been to the docs etc.. I have pcos but keep getting very bad pains on my left side and all the way along the bottom of my back up to my ribs. I have been sick twice, tired but no soreness in breasts. My last period was 11th Jan and i am normally 30-35 days. We last had sex on the 14th Feb... Would it be to early?? God knows.. I am going to try and get more answers from the gp tonight. Any thoughts? xx
Just to let you know i went to the docs again and they done an internal etc... Hes pretty certain i have got an ovarian cyst and has requested a scan for me to see how big the cyst is. xx
hi im 12 days late i have done 2 HPT and both say negative,
could i be pregnant, i have signs my breast are really sore i feel sick, tired. im very confused please help.
Im so glad to see im not the only one with this problem.  I hope mayb someone can give me advice.  I am 26 years old and on March 6 2009 i found out i was pregnant it was not planned but still exciting then on March 8 2009 i miscarried :(.  the most traumatizing thing ever.  I had my period on schedule even after the miscarriage which was March 24 2009.  Im usually a bit late mayb by a day or two.  It is now may 2 and i have yet to have it and my bf and i had a slip up on March 17 and April 17 2009. Weird that the dates are the same not planned trust me. Ive got mild cramps, tender breast, milky discharge, and constipation.  Sorry for so graphic just giving you my symptoms.  I have taken 3 hpts and all were neg.  I do not health insurance so its hard for me to just go get a blood test.  Does any one have any in site.  Im just curious to know if its pregnancy or just from the miscarriage.  Any advice or stories would help thanks.
you need to get health insurance if your going to regularly having slip ups. your fertile after a miscarrage (miscarriage) and when you two dont use protectection you can get pregnant. and not having insurance will really make a pregnancy and having a baby expensive

you only mention symptoms...you said your a day or two late..........

wait a few more days and take another test
We did use protection it so happens that the condom broke both times.  the doc did tell me i would be very fertile after the miscarriage i just did not expect the condom to break.  Health insurance doesn't come cheap and its not like im tryin to have a baby.  I had a brain tumor at 18 years old and was told i could never have kids.  I'm not just a few days late i am 12 to be exact. I have taken to date 4 hpts and all neg.  I really do appreciate your feed back.
wow  so many of us in the same boat,
i,m  37 nearly i have 3 lovley girls and after my last daughter  ( bit of a suprise lol)  my hubby wanted a vascetomy and i agreed, however he never went back to get his results,  this was 14 months ago  and i,m now  late,  i have all the symtoms (symptoms) that i had with my last 3 children  even down to heart burn,  i have done a hpt which is neg,  still no period hmmmmmmmmmm  gonna wait till end of the week and try again i will be  nearly 2 weeks late then , if neg i will get a blood test  as i,ve had 3 babies before i know what its like to be pregnant  this is weird haha  hubby is taking it well though lol.  will update x
just to add onto my last comment,  becouse my hubby  had a vasectomy being late wasnt an issue , it was only when i started getting the symptoms that i had with my last 3 pregnancys thats its  started  alarm bells,  so i looked into it and turns out that the mans tubes can fuse back together and as a man never stops producung sperm it just gets absorbed into the body as the tubes have been cut when they fuse back together the man becomes fertile again, hes gonna get himself checked out  and i havent ruled out early menapause  but highly unlikley as at the mo i,m still only 36 lol.   but all the uncertainty  is so annoying.
im 19 years old.
im now, 10 days late period wise. enough HPT's. all negative.never been late in the 7 years ive been getting my period.
yes, there was unprotected sex. an it just so happened to be on all the days i was ovulating.
not planned either.
so.. doctor for a blood test? or keep waiting for my period to come.
its seriously driving me mad.
i am now ten days late with my period. last month i was seven days late. i still have yet to start my period, and i've had no recent cramping like i'm going to start. i've been having headaches and mood swings and a little dizziness and also a little lower back pain. i don't want to get my hopes up and take a test and it be negative. what do you all think the odds are of me being pregnant or not? i would appreciate your advice!
Just putting my 2 cents in here as well.  I'm at least 10 days late, have had sore breasts for 2 weeks, mild cramping like AF is coming but it doesn't, SUPER tired, depressed, and irritable.  (Sorry hubby!)  Meanwhile, just had by 3rd negative test today.  Erg.  

IF I'm prego, this will be by 3rd (2nd was a miscarriage at 8 weeks).  I am no dummy to prego symptoms.  I know what it feels like and I'm telling you, I FEEL pregnant.  

I'll let you know if I end up with a positive, but just know that the same thing happened with my 1st.  It took FOREVER for my body to register the right hormone levels to show up on a HPT.  I'm trying to keep reminding myself of this... :D

I think I just must ovulate late.  My son ended up coming about 10 days later than the due date based on my period dates.  Or, I just have low hormone levels at the beginning of my pregnancies.  

Just know that 99% accurate on these tests means that for 1 out of 100 people, it's not accurate!  That could very well be you (or me).  Trust your instincts!  I'll keep 'ya updated.  
this is all too much! haha
im ten dates late now ive taken a test it came back negative. my period is never late always 25-26 days until last feb it was exactly a week late. i do not have any symp. other than light cramping and now my back is killing me. i dont know what is going on and of course its driving me crazy which isnt helping me out. any suggestions?
Hi guys in the same position really.  I supose we all wont really know until we get af or a + result.
I now how fustrating it is im 13 days late took a clear blue 2nd wee of the day but still negative that was today.
Doctor said to early to tell but to be honest these tests are so advanced now I cant see them being wrong.
Im worried something else is wrong but have a good doctor who is keeping check on me every 3 days so I know im in good hands.

He wont give me a blood test as im only 13 days gone I have to wait untill ive at least missed another period.  

Be good to know how you guys got on with your results if you got a + after getting all them negatives.

Good luck to you all and any other advice would be great as I have had no stress or changed my diet.  I missed 2 micro pills in the middle of my cycle though.

Thanks guys

Keeley
hi guys i have read through the posts and they sound alike to how i was i missed my period and was 3 days late had sevral preg tests done home and at the doctors all negative  i woke up a week after my missed period and taken the clear blue test to find out i was pregnant 4 + weeks and also double checked and had another at my doctors to find that was positive so my advice would be to demand the doctor for blood tests or if you have had that done wait a while more some ladys hormones might not increase till later dates i also have a scan tomorow as i have been having some abdominal pain

good luck everyone x
It's a (+) sign today!  After 3 negatives and 14 days after my missed period!  Geesh!  Don't give up girls and trust that women's intution!
My last period started on march 12 and ended and the end of March (yes it was a long one!) I had (unprotected) sex on the 26th, because I thought my period stopped, but it hadn't... My boyfriend did not come inside of me (he did not come at all) because I realized that there was blood so we stopped. However, we are now May 19 and I have yet to get my period. I have taken 2 different brands of pregnancy tests, both we're negative. I dont have any symptoms of pregnancy. Any advice?
Ok I took another pregnancy test this morning and it was negative! So I guess i'll just wait until my period comes...
Hello everyone, 6 days late here, 4 neg HPTs headahes up the ying yang, had sex may 3rd which according to a calender thing on there my O day. Dr won't do a blood test for 3 more weeks but i'm freaking out, I have been reading that metformin can make you fertile which i am on but why the neg tests? could it be stress or could my hormone levels still be too low
Well i'm 10 days late as well...i've taken 2 test and both came out negative. I'm having lower back pains, serious mood swings, and i'm tried/sleepy all the time. i'm always 28/29 days, if i'm ever late (which is rare) it's only a day or two - not more.
I don't know what to do!? I have no health insurance and I know a blood test is the best route.
read the all column, im 10 days late... urine test negative last week and nothing has change since last week..." we will c"

ok for those who doesnt have insurace, here in california we have http://www.plannedparenthood.org/
... is a place were they help 'WOMEN' with low income or can afford insurance

xoxo
take care

I have exhaustively read through several threads, and have come to the conclusion that this is extremely common. The only thing that is disconcerting is that you don't ever get to know the outcomes. After reading the stories, I would love to know how it all turns out. I am in the same boat, obviously, as most of you. Late (by 2 weeks), headaches, fatigue, nausea, cramping, the whole 9 yards. I am a mom of four, with the oldest being 24. In July of 07 we had our only girl, who is an amazing blessing from above. After recovering from the shock of being pregnant at 42, we started to get pretty excited. What fun we are having with her. NOW. it's almost two years later, and I am two weeks late. YIKES! Her pregnancy was a rough one on me, and my body is still not back to homeostasis. I had spinal issues, a rare pregnancy related liver disease, borderline gestational diabetes....it was rough. I am already going to be close to retirement age by the time she is out of school. I don't know what to think. The headaches are brutal. I have all the same symptoms as you all but have never been late, with 4 exceptions, and we named and love them all. My pregnancy tests with them were positive before the urine hit the strip. Now, two weeks late, and three negative tests later, I still don't know. The worst is the not knowing. At least if I knew, I could accept whatever the outcome and move on. This is all-consuming. What I would love is if you could please post your outcomes. I would surely like to know how all of you have fared, whether you were pregnant or not. Best wishes to all....praying for you to have the babies you so desire. Thanks

xoxoxo
Well.... I am also 11 days late on my period.  I just know I am pregnant.  I keep looking for a faint line on the negative results and I don't see it.  I've had four negatives (3,5,7,9 days late).  I have a son already and remember the feeling I got with him.  My tests came up negative with him at first, then I got my positive when I was 15 days late.  So annoying.  So much for those early response tests!  I am going to wait a few more days to take another test.  One way that always helped me figure if I was pregnant was looking at my boobs.  It sounds funny, but they get really veiny if you are pregnant!  Good luck!  I will keep you updated with my results!
Kim you're not giving these women very good advice. And, learn how to use proper words. It's YOU'RE, not your.   For some of the women who say they got their period a few days after they had unprotected sex, this may be something called implantation bleeding.  On my first pregnancy, I remember getting a negative test for about two weeks after I missed my period.  I have also heard of women getting negative blood tests as well and still finding out they are pregnant.  Each woman produces a different about of the hormone that is produced when pregnant. Because of this, it may be possible that you are testing negative.  For the women not feeling the symptoms but had symptoms with previous pregnancies, each one is different.  Good Luck.
Today is 6/8/09 and I haven't had a period since April. Had a negative test one week ago. My menstrual cycle has never been regular, so trying not to worry either way. I was never supposed to have my daughter, but praying for 6 years finally concluded with me having my miracle baby. Not knowing is definitely the worst feeling, so I understand what you're all going through. Just keep praying and it will eventually happen, if it isn't this time. I'll be doing the same.
Hello people. I'm on 2 weeks late for my period.. I'm 20 years old and have taken 2 home tests...i went to the doctors for a blood test and will find out today if I'm pregnant or not..
my lower stomach is feeling a little bloated.
I'm always tired.
i haven't really noticed my breasts being sore just heavy.
and i swear i have been peeing way way more then i normally do.
I have also been extremely angry and upset for almost no reason.
i have had a few head aches here and there.
the other thing is i was off my birth control for a month so I'm not sure if I'm going through these symptoms because i was off it for so long..
so i hope u guys and gals can help me out a bit...
p.s i will let you all know what my test comes back as...byes for now  
well it turns out I'm pregnant..i have to go back for another blood test here in a week just to see how things are going..but other than that I'm pregnant...and I'm really excited and nervous at the same time...cant wait to know the sex
Today is June 19, 2009 which makes me 10 days late. I have taken 2 home test: 1 on a week late which was the 16th and another this morning. Both of them said negative. I have never been this late, although my period is irregular some of the time I can still pretty much calculate it. I have been 2 or 3 days late before, no big deal, but its been 10 days and im wondering if pregnancy is it. I have PCOS and have been told it will be hard for me to get pregnant, my doctor put me on Clomid back in January but I only took them for 1 month and then stopped, I didn't have unprotected sex until June 4, which going by an ovulation calender that would be when i was ovulating. I want a baby more than anything but with mine and my boyfriends chances of having children being so low I just don't know what to think. I haven't had much of symptoms, just being tired a lot, and mood swings, and my stomach has been feeling really weird, like a nauseated feeling but never bad enough to make me puke. I would only be about 2 weeks pregnant if I am and im wondering if it's just too soon for the test to read.. HELP!  
your wrong in your calculations. if your 10 days late your period was due on june 9th. and yet you were supposed to be ovulation june 4th?

thats not really right

" I didn't have unprotected sex until June 4, which going by an ovulation calender that would be when i was ovulating"

if your ttc you need to figure out when your periods are due and start tracking them as best as you can
Hey me too, I'm 10-11 days late. I don't feel any symptoms of pregnancy like nausea, breast tenderness and cramps. It's not like having my period. I'm so worried about that. I'm always regular. The start of my last is 20th of May until 24th of May. But now, it's July 1st and nothing! Can anyone give me a fruitful advice?
you did not mention taking a test. take at test
Hey all,

Been thinking that i'm going mad and that it's all in my head but maybe not. Today I am 12 days late and have had several negative HPTs and
1 -ve blood test. I think I got implanation bleeding on Thurs last week, so when's the best time to test?

I've had every early pregnancy symptom going since 22nd June and can barely keep my eys open as I type this!

Never been pregnant before but "feel "pregnant.
not likely your pregnant...you would have gotten a postive blood test by now.

you having "implanation bleeding' or what you think it is wouldnt have to do with when you actually conceived and when implantation happened. it happens about 7 days after ovulation...which is all before your period. you ovulate, conceive  and implantation happens then you miss your period...if you took your blood test after your missed period.,....its right. implantation can happen anywhere from the 3d to 4th week of pregnancy (read it...never experienced it) implantation happens but the blood takes awhile for itself to work its way out of the uterus.

does not sound like your pregnant with being as late as you are and getting a negative blood test
Hi, Thanks for reply. I've read that implantation bleeding can happen AFTER a missed period. Hence my posting. If I were pregnant, I would be 5 weeks and 4 days today. Implantation happened last week which would be week 3/4. Beats me.
i keep reading the act of implantation occurs BEFORE a missed period...and it makes sense because you get a postive hpt after or at your missed period...and that would not be possible if implanation did not occur days or a week before a missed period.  it cant be to far after a missed period because i dont think an egg is fertilized and chills up in your uterus for weeks on weeks before implanting itself in the uterus.

bleeding i keep reading can happen after a period...bleeing would be different than implantation.

get another blood test if you think you need one
From Wiki answers. Just for info.

Can implantation bleeding occur after your period

Answer

Yes it can happen between 5-7 weeks along.

Answer

yes mine was 11 days after my period

Pink Princess

**im not arguing with you about implantation bleeding im trying to tell you that just because you may have had implanation bleeding......implantation occurs BEFORE A MISSED PERIOD and you would have gotten a postive blood test by now if you were pregnant.**

"Implantation will appear before you expect your period and many people mistaken it for spotting before their period begins. "

"When does implantation bleeding happen?
Implantation and implantation bleeding occur on average about 9 days after ovulation (range between 6-12 days), which is about a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation can be implantation bleeding; whereas spotting that occurs much later and a couple days before your period would normally start may not be."

"Bleeding that is caused by implantation generally occurs a few days before the woman should start her period. In other cases, the bleeding may not begin until the woman should have started her menstrual cycle. "

"Implantation occurs 6-10days past ovulation."

"Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall"
kim is right, you do not have implantation bleeding 3-4 weeks after conception
smiler32 you might mean spotting, when you spot a little blood when your pregnant
although it sounds like your not pregnant with all the negatives your getting
so i dont wanna b prgnant bekuz my family wuld kill me.. but my ex bf n me had sex on may 11th but i was expectin my period wen we did bkuz  i waz having my normal signs cranky and sore breast b4 we had sex... on may 16th i got my period but i havent gotten it bac yet... i cant lay bon my stomach cuz it becomes hard to breathe i have cramps all the time.. i never woke up 2 pee at nite b4 n now i do.... i get nauseated n i cant eat sumthing unless im in da mood 4 it... n i took 4 home test which all came negative .....a couple nites ago i thought my period had came wen i noticed brown spottings but after i took a shower nuttn came bac nt even the spotting...
so you had sex then had a period and didnt have sex again?
if so you are not pregnant
you could have an sti or std
go to the doctors
i got my period bekuz i had sex 5 days b4 it came my body waz prepared for my period like da swollen breast n breakouts crankiness
Officially I am 10/11 days late from my period. I thought i was starting my period on my due date cause I notice a spot so i used a tampon and left it in for half a day only to realize that I didn't even have a smidge of blood. I have taken pregnancy test from the 99 cent store to clear blue and first response all negative. Me and partner were also having intercourse an average of 3x a week. Since i got my ipod keeping track of period and thetimes we've had relations has been much easier. So I do know for a fact that we had sex around the time I should have been ovulating. However of the times weve had relations 2 incidents were unprotected. This situation is driving me a little bonkers. I don't even feel pregnant and I don't feel like I'm going to have my period. No cramping whatsoever. No nausea either unless I count the idea of telling my partner, which I don't want to because techincally we broke up... But in my weaker moments I'm tempted to call him and let him know I'm late... But that would make things worse. It just feels overwhelming.
I'm also writing because I am a student of acupuncture and I'm in my third quarter of
another 3 years of school. My professor specializes in fertility and womens health. I'm tempted to have him check my pulse (but hes my teacher and see him every weekbecause apparently you can tell by the pulse. And if they're really good can also determine the sex as well. My professor did bring up a case study where the woman tested negative with a urine test yet he did confirm with her pulse she is pregnant. She also came back and was positive with the blood test. So I do recommend to anyone who is looking to get pregnant but have been unsuccessful to find an acupuncturist that spealizes in this field to get treatment.
pregnancy isnt the only thing that delays periods
because you have had so many negatives its unlikely you are pregnant
you could have caught an sti from the unprotected sex
go to your doctors before you tell ur ex
I only became active... I want to say 8 months ago. Before that I would miss my period for months at a time. The longest stretch was 8 months. Naturally I wasn't pregnant as there was no sex.

Even after becoming active I got a super light almost missed one as well. then for three months I got REALLY heavy periods. It was insane. Well, last month my perio began to act really weird. It was stop and go, all the time. Basically, the only way that my uterus would bleed was if (I really seriously apoligize for this) I had an orgasm. That would push out all the stuff. I know that my uterine lining was bled out... but  on the 2nd day my boyfriend and I (since I wasn't bleeding at the moment) had sex and since it was during that time, we sort of used the pull out method. We had a miniscule whoops and he got a little in me... and then obviously since there was the sex I began bleeding at a normal pace again and I washed myself too... so I really think that between the odd ph of all that blood gushing out and the soap that I got everything out. SO my period continued in it's retarded state leaving me to go insane. It did end at a normal five days.

Two weeks later I noticed that I ovulated from the change in discharge that I know is supposed to happen. I did not have unprotected sex since then whatsoever. Always fully protected. No breaks in the condom.

SO...I didn't really have too many pms symptoms... a little depression and some lower back pain. But, today is day 11 since I missed my period. I've had a hint of cramping for the past couple days and my breats feel just the slightest bit tender like pms but no other "early pg" symptoms. No mood swings, bloating, anything. Just no period. I took a test after 5 days and last night, both negative. So I'm absolutely terrified as to what's going on.
Wow, I am exactly...37 days late on my period. I have missed 2 periods. My HPT will not show positive. I've taken probably 10 in the last month. I went to the dr about a month ago and they said the blood test was negative, however, I do not trust this dr's office at all, they didn't even know what a quant beta hcg blood test was! I had to tell them! I go to MY doctor on wednesday for a urine test, but i don't think it will be positive. If this morning's wasn't positive why would a test in 5 days be positive. But I feel pregnant.
If I go by my 1st day of last period I would be 9wks2days today. *SIGH*
I have firm stomach, mood swings, nausea (no vomiting though.), gas galore! , my breasts will hurt very badly for awhile and then go away, i'm exhausted all the time. I don't know what to think anymore! I'm afraid to get excited. I've had 2 miscarriages in the last year. This is my 3rd pregnancy, hopefully 1st baby.
What do you all think? Am I going nuts?
god. i know how everyone feels. you wait all month to take the test.. u take all the precautions so no harm is done to the fetus.. u have pregnancy symptoms and your soooo sure this is THE month. and when u take the test, its negative. its so dissapointing. whether u intended to get pregnant or not. but as im doing right now, you got to face it, your not pregnant. slim chance u are. and wait for your period. im still waiting after 2 neg. tests. they were $1 ones, but theyre all the same. it seems like when ur not trying to have a baby, u get prego. so, we just gotta hope!
good luck to all
so i wasnt tryin 2 have a baby lol.... i go 2 da doc tomorrw so nervous i dnt wanna b pregnant
I wanted to take a minute and post this to all who may read it, because if it wouldn't have happened to me, I wouldn't have belived it.  I am a 34yo, mother of 3, ages 9,10, and 14.  Last October, I suffered my 1st miscarriage, and had been trying to conceive ever since.  My period never came on July 4, 2009, and my 1st reaction was...I'm pregnant.  I went to the store, bought the 2 pack First Response PG test, and decided to use it in the morning.  Long story short, it was Negative.  I tested each day following, which ended up being 6 tests total alternating brands, because I read they can all be different....All Negative.  My BF started joking that I started perimenopause, and I freaked....googled every night, every possible reason why I missed my period, felt bloated, tired, minor aches and cramps.  Finally saw my Dr yesterday, and after doing the urine test, also negative....decided on a blood test, which came back POSITIVE for pregnancy.  At this point, I am in shock, because 6 home tests, all Negative, urine test at Dr's, Negative...I really thought something serious was wrong.  The only explanation we have at this point is, I ovulated 1 week or so later than usual, and threw my cycle off by 1 week or so, therefore, all tests couldn't detect the HCG in my urine yet.  I go back tomorrow, for another blood draw, to make sure my HCG count is rising...but I am a testimony...DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!  Good luck to you all :)
I forgot to add that I was 12 days late, as of yesterday when I went to the Dr.  The tests at home, still showed a Negative.
you received a postive blood test......your pregnant
im pregnant all da negative test and even da docs urine test .. i got a blood test im pregnant
So I am on my 29th day of my cycle my first day of my last period was 6/9/09 whichw as about 5 days long.  I was away in Jamaica so my bf and I did have sex a lot this month.  My period should have came 7/6 but as of today 7/17 nothing.  I am so bloated and have headaches, tired and i feel sick but my urine test and blood test were both negative.  I am so nervous because in 2006 i had an ectipic pregnancy and have not gotten pregnant since.  Has anyone ever experienced this?
you dont appear to be counting your cycle correctly....you said your on day 29 of your cycle...thats not correct if your period was due on the 6

your lmp was june 9.....your next period would have been around july 6 which would = a typically 28 day cycle.

you said "So I am on my 29th day of my cycle" and you wrote this on the 17th of july....thats not day 29 of your cycle...its day 11 of your next cycle.

so as of right now, today you would be a little over 5 weeks pregnnat...if you were pregnant a blood test would have told you maybe even 2 weeks ago. i would say your not pregnant
im 33, my husband and i have been trying to have a baby for a year now, im never late on my period. i was suppose to start on the 6th of july. on the 4th, 5th and 6th i spotted just a little when i wiped. nothing after that. i am now 11 days late...i took 5 hpt all neg, took a blood test and it was neg as well..im so confused! im bloated like crazy, feel sick sometimes but not always, breast are a little sore but nothing too bad. i made another appointment for monday..maybe i will find out something that will ease my mind because im going nuts...
does not sound like your pregnant. there can be a number of reasons why your not getting your period that needs to be looked at..good luck however
am so confused!!! i had my last period the week of june 9th, so that makes me like 9days late as of today..its weird cuz for the past 5months i usually start like 3-7days earlier than the day i started the previous month..but ive always had a period even under extreme amounts of stress ive always had a period...well in the month of june me n my fiance' had sex more than we usually do in a month! and were not trying to conceive or anything like that...well anyway..i figured i would start around july 6th of 7th and i still havent started so i just went by the date i started last month and if i do that then im 9days late. ive taken 5hpt's all negative, a urine test at the lab and one at my endocrinologist's office cuz im a diabetic and that was negative also..none of which were never done in the morning..i even had a blood test this past wednesday that came back negative...i had cramping like i was going to start but never did!! my breast are sore and slightly larger and my nipples are even a lil darker than usual..i use the bathroom all the time and jus recently started noticing that ive been bloated like none other..and have been having very bad migraines along with it! i even have those bumps on ur aveola's i think thats what its called so i dont kno...but neway i  noticed on tuesday i started getting very sick to my stomach and vomiting when i brush my teeth and certain foods just gag the heck out of me..i have no clue whats wrong with me..and im not trying to get pregnant so i kno im not going crazy...i kno my body and i know there's something wrong with me...i even noticed yesterday i cry just about every time i talk about all this or even get frustrated! i have no clue whats wrong with me so any answers would be greatly appreciated!! i have an apt with my gyn on thursday but i really dont want to wait that long! please someone help!!
I'm in the same boat. I'm now 17 days late for my period. I have had several neg urine tests and two neg blood tests. My doctor keeps telling me I'm not pregnant and first put me on Zofran for my nausea and then took me off of that, then a rich diet of fiber and some milk of magnesia in case it was constipation that was making me sick, and now I've been on Prilosec for heartburn. I have also stopped drinking coffee, tea, and alcohol and have increased my water intake. Four days later my stomach is still upset and I'm still nauseous! I still haven't had my period yet and I'm going to see the doctor again tomorrow. I'm thinking I'm pregnant since I know the feeling as I have an 8 month old. My husband and I are trying to conceive. I am waiting this one out. With headaches, nausea, mild constipation, mild lower back aces, and a funny taste in my mouth in the morning I think I'm pregnant for sure!
No-one on here can tell you if your definatley pregnant or not?
we can only guess!
there are many things other than pregnancy that can delay periods! such as stress, sti's or std's, hormonal imbalance and other things that i might not have herd of!
the only way these can be detected is by tests from a doctor!
if you really think your pregnant and had all the tests try asking for an ultrasound thats a confirmative way to tell if your pregnant or not
well i'm 10 days late with 2 neg pt results and still no period i have the swollen breast and cramping on and off this is so aggravating i do want to be pregnant but not like this either i'm pregnant or not!!! i'm calling my ob-gyn tomorrow to see what she recommends, lets see what happens but at this point all i can say is STRESSED!!!
People on here dont ask questions becAuse they are dumb or think they dont need to go to the doctors they ask questions to put themselves at ease. Im in the same boat i am now 5 days late with 4 neg hpts im in a new area so im not sue where i should go to get a blood test done. I have horrible headaches that just do not go away and a crampy back but my breasts arent even the tiniest bit sore like with my period. My husband and i have been trying to get pregnant for almost6 months now and it would be the best news in the world!!!!! Please anyone if you are in the same situation let me know
just get a blood test. no more wait or waisting money on hpts when your especially trying to conceive
I have a blood test done on wednesday and i will keep all of you posted. But i just dont get it if im pregnant then why would all the tests come up neg? My lower back  is starting to hurt like with my period i am now a week late or so fpr my period and i am getting really anxious. Wish me luck and baby dust to everyone!!!
hey i could ent get a pos test till i was 7weeks preg my daughter is now 19 months x
That makes me feel so good. My back ache still hasnt gone away and now i feel like i have a uti (like i normally do a week before i start) but its not as bad. And ive had a super bad cold cant breath through my nose and ky throat is really dry. So i guess that ill have to wait until wednesday. Keep posting i want to hear how long it took some women to find out.
iv gotta wait till the 8th to see if i come on my period hope not as me and my partner are trying. and hope all goes well for you, your have to let us no x x x
i am two months late, have cramps and sleep in the day but cannot in the nights. i did the home pregnancy test and it came back negative that was in the first month. i also spoted once i am feeling cramps and my breast is tender. i will do the blood test soon hoping it is nagetive
if your two months late and your getting a negative test..your not pregnant

since you dont want to be pregnant you should be on birth control and start using condoms. your right to get a blood test but you should have gotten a postive hpt before now. if that test comes back negative....talk with them about whats going on

there can be a number of reasons your not getting your period that need to be checked out
I didnt get to have a blood test done but i did get to have a urinalis done and it did come out negative but tue doctor said to take a test once a week until i get a pos or i start my period. I was quite upset but hey its not the end of the world the doctor said that i could still be pregnant but its mpre unlikely now.
i am in the same boat i am now 10 days late with 6 neg tests i go to the doctor on monday. i think i am pregnant im always tired i feel sick sometimes and have some discharge that my mom who has four kids said is common. i just feel different. my bf and i are trying to get pregnant so i hope i am. i am not stressed and have never been more then a day late in my life. good luck to everyone i will keep you posted.
I have read through all of these posts and as a common comment am in the same vote as quite a few of you. I am 34 and a mother of 2 teenage kids.I had my tubes tied for 13 years and untied now since april 8th....my periods are somewhat irregular but not by much maybe a day or 2 early or a day or 2 late no big deal.I had sex on the 25 of june got my period on june 29 but only for 3 days and fairly mildly as aposed to 7 days of very heavy.I am now 5 days late as it should have been here on the 27th and the tests that I have taken at home are negative.we would like to get pregnant for sure but im wondering how many people actually get a positive after a few negative hpt?? I would love to see more results of the after....I do have a refferal for a blood test but dont want to be dissapointed wondering how long I really should wait?
I would just go and have the blood test. I didnt have a pos HPT unit I was almost 7 weeks.
thats really rude. not many people come on this forum...so if you dont like my responses then i guess you shouldnt read them. that was really rude...and im going to respond to your post

ignoring the rudeness...

let me get this straight...you had sex june 25...and on june 27 you got your period (was it actually like time for your period? or did you just like randomly get it?) either way it sounds like it was kind of light in comparison to your other periods as well as short. your due for your period on the 27..and its the 1st of aug now but you have taken a pregnancy test.

i was about a week and a half to alomst 2 weeks before i got my postive pregnancy test. and i was using a non digital (they read at a lower level than digital) so it can be awhile. im not sure if i miscaculated my period slightly  or ovulated slightly later but it took awhile for a postive pregnancy test for me. but when i did get a postive pregnancy test, it was bold. wasnt a faint line. i supposed i could have tested a day or two sooner but after you take like 2 and their negative...you decide to take a break for a little so thats what did

your blood test will tell you either way..but if you have an extra test (no sense on waisting money on more tests if your already going to get a blood test, because if you are pregnant their going to give you one anyways)... then wait a few days and take another test
Im soo sorry kim,I did not mean to be rude and I absolutley appologize.it just seemed that some of the answers you were giving were kind of what was already expected.again Im sorry and I appreciate the advice.I will take you up on that and go get the blood work done but how long should I be waiting?? If I calculate properly and if I am actually pregnant and for some reason its just not showing on these stupid hpts then I should already be about 4 weeks correcct?? so now what I wait 3 or 4 more weeks??? and I have used a couple different kinds im actually feeling quite dissapointed and confused.......I keep thinking oh man so another day without it my god could I finally be pregnant and then I get all excited and eventually take a test and all NEGATIVE what a let down.............I do have one more at home here but I took one tonight and AGAIN negative :( Im keeping my fingers crossed but truly going out of my mind wanting to know.the other thing is if im not and the tests are true then could I get pregnant right now if i tried considering I do not have my period???? ya think?  I took the first response (not a digital test) but I also took the clear blue on the first day i think and it came back not pregnant but I have taken all of the tests later in the day......at this point I figured it shouldnt matter what time i take it,is that not true?? I have not yet once taken it in the morning (first urnine) but if its positive would it not be positive at any given time during the day?? again kim im truly sorry and thank you for the advice :)
I forgot to add that yes kim,my period on the 29th was actually a day early I believe
Hey, im normally due on my period on the 14th-18th of every month i never go over the 18th! so my last period was on 17th june 09 we are now on the 3rd august 09 which makes me 16 DAYS LATE!

I have done 3 preg test the 3rd one being this evening, nothing dramatically has changed to make me miss or late!

Could i still be preg?? is it right in saying that tests can be wrong and only find out through blood test if not alot of hcg levels? or can they be wrong too???/

Please help xx

Please help xx
I am in a similar situation. But I just wanted to tell you all that my sister thought she was pregnant, she did 12 HPTs which were all negative and had a two blood tests which were also negative, it wasn't until she was 10 weeks that anything came back positive.. 8 months later she gave birth to my niece who is perfectly normal. She has had 3 more kids since then, two of them also not showing positive until 9 or 10 weeks. All healthy and normal.
just an update,unfortunatley not a good one for me.....has had me im tears for about an hour now.7 days late (i know not long) but got some pinkish on the wipe so..........the heartbreak starts again I guess...Im beginning to wonder if its ever going to happen for me.but good luck to you all

babydust
So unfortunately i got my period yesterday. Im very upset but i know i woll be a mother one day no matter what. I wish all of you the best of luck and baby sust to all who want it
i went to the doctor on monday and got my blood test back today it was neg. but still no period. he says i could still be pregnant and to wait three weeks and if i miss another period to come back and get another blood test. so we will see in a few weeks
I am so relieved to see so many other people in the same boat.  My husband and I are trying to conieve.  In June I missed my period for the first time.  I went to see my doctor who gave me a blood test, but it came back negative.  She said it could be result of stress.  I was so excited to get my period in July again and be back in the game.  Now its August and am 3 days late again.  It should be exciting to not get your period if your TTC but now its stressful becuase I don't know if I'm not getting it because I'm too stressed or becuase I'm pregnant.  My pregnancy test is negative, so I am guessing I'm still not pregnat.  I've been regular my entire life, now that I am 30 and TTC my period decides to Va-ca?!  Gggrrr...
hey girls, i was due for my period yesterday and (i'm trying to conceive) i took a pregnancy test this morning and it came out negative :( bummer but do you think i could still be pregnant ? like do you think it might be too early to test or am i just totally getting my hopes up ..? oh btw i was on bc for 2 and a half years and had it taken out  on june 18th and i got my period exactly 3 weeks after it being removed so this is the second period im due for.
I am in the same boat as y'all.  I'm at least 6 days late with my period and I know exactly when I ovulated so this is especially odd.  Menstruation is always 14 days after ovulation.  I have also had cramps now for a solid week.  Absolutely no spotting until today - and that was just one slight brown spot when wiping.  I've taken 2 hpts and both were negative. I have been pregnant twice before and hpt's have NEVER worked for me.  I took 3 negative tests when I was pregnant with my daughter - and a week late for my period.  And 3 tests came back negative 2 years ago just before I suffered a miscarriage (a week after having the pregnancy "discovered" by a doctor - I'd actually thought I'd had a period but it was just spotting).  SO... bottom line is everyone is different.  Some people do not register well with hpts - hcg levels can be lower on some than others.  A negative test does not necessarily mean you're not pregnant.  Blood tests are more reliable.  But sometimes only time will tell.  I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.  Hopefully for good news, fearing the worst (another miscarriage) or that my body has fooled me yet again.  TTC stinks.  :(
I too am in the same boat kinda. I think I might have got pregnant when i was on birth control. stopped taking it and should have started on my own on the 1st its now the 12th, im 11 days late all the pee tests showing negetive but im sure feeling sympotms of pregnancy! any ideas?
i see theres a lot in the same boat i was like you all thought i was preg but i think most of the time our heads just make us think were preg and i know there is small number of women  that test pos after 9 or 10 weeks. with me im about 20 weeks late at the start i thought i might of been but now i know i coundnt be like after 20 weeks it would show up i just had spotting in june and july i got loads of tests and everything is ok going back to the doctors this friday to ask doctor to check me for pcos i think thats what its called will keep you all up to date and good luck to all ttc
Well my last period was on the 13th of July and I'm now 7 days late..I took to hpt ept and both negative on my 2nd day of my missed period I think it was way too early.7th day and no period..should I be worried?!Also I have had cramps and breast and nipple tenderness!I never been late before it's always on time.The day it may have been conceived would be on the aug.1st that would make me 3weeks today I haven't took another test since..would the dr test be able to show yet or should I wait?!It was an accident and I'm willing to take my responsibility!:)..Let me know what y'all think and I'm scheduling an appt tommorow and Ill give the feedback soon!Good luck to u all!  
i tested a day after my missed period and the test was negative i tested again yest and it was positive i will be 7 wks on sat.. good luck.. it does take time but dont stress yourself out.. the day of my last period was on the 4th of july i tested, are you hoping for a positive or a negative test?xx
I have read all of the posts on this forum.  Some of the responses have been a bit, shall I say, insensitive.  If you are trying to conceive or have a serious question about your missed period I suggest you post either on the Pregnancy 18-34 or Pregnancy 35- forums.  The women on these forums are both knowledgable and sensitive to the female spirit.  For all of you hoping for a BFP I wish you nothing but the best.  Take care.
update update
well i went to my doctor and im now waiting on appointment  for a scan to see whats going on in there well last night i felt something moving i dont know if my head is playing tricks on me or what like im not ttc ive already got 3 kids and it feels the same as when i was carrying my other 3 kids i just feel so crazy if i was preg i would be nearly 21 weeks will keep you all updated
Ladies! Ladies!

UPDATE!
Ok so I had an accident around the 1st of the month..I was suppost to start my time on the 13th of thins month.I took 2 hpt on my 2nd and 3rd day one at night the other in the morning that I was late on my period and got both negatives!I came on this website and found myself stressing for answers and felt that only a blood test will tell me for sure, so I made an appt with my dr on Monday,so I laid some stress off a Lil about it and enjoy my weekend and find out on Monday for sure.Today is Friday, my 10th of being late and I just started my period this morning, I was so excited cause I didn't want to tell my boyfriend just in case I was I maybe couldve suprised bc it was of been our 1st baby but I'm not pregnant..my period is a Lil heavy too and well I'm cramping the usual very painful so that's my story and I'm sticking to it..LOL!:)

Also I want to include my NOT prego symtoms (symptoms):
Cramping
Breast and nipple tenderness
Cravings
Tired and sleeping in
No spotting at all

Stressing over a late period is very powerful especially if u know something happend during intercorse.I'm not on any birth control and I didn't play it safe (shame on me)..I'm still going to my dr appt on Monday I will be getting on birth control LOL!Ladies it's all in the head LOL!I'm 22yrs old and I was on my 10th day of being late and started my period.Goodluck to u all..and have a blessed day!:)
Hi everyone,

OUTCOME
I have read how no one ever writes the outcome so here is my story and outcome;

I came on here yesterday looking for the same answers as all of you. I ovulated July 30th and to date have had no period. I have taken about 10 pregnancy tests the last one being yesterday all of which have been negative! Yesterday was day 24 since ovulation, day 42 since my last period, so I am about 12 days late! I already have 2 kids and I don't have any exagerated symptoms but I do have some that make me question these results. I was extremely tired afew weeks ago and abit quizzy. With my son I had a false pregancy test at 14 days after ovulation about 3 days after I was late. So that's why I am questioning this.

I called my dr this morning for a blood test just to make sure because I am pretty regular 33-35 day cycle. So before I went to get my blood drawn I rememberded I bought a 2 pk pregnancy test yesterday and after the negative result wondered about doing another, but the curiosity was killing me . So I took the last one and I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, it was POSITIVE!!!! so having said that 10 plus pregnancy tests from all the expensive brands were all negative and I started testing 12 days after ovulation, and I know my cycle because my husband was away on business and I know when we conceived. So as afew others have said if yu are doubting please go do a blood test, the things we are exposed too could harm a pregnancy better to be sure. I hope this helps you and gives some hope to others!
Any experts????

Last month my lmp was on the 13th of July..this month I started my period 10 days late..my time has never been irregular I know I'm not prego bc I started but my real question is "can I get prego while having sex on my period"?Sorry to blurt it out..but me and my bf had sex on my 3rd day of my cycle the condom broke and he ejaculated in me!Now I need an expert to tell me since my period came late this month..does that mean I still ovulate during the time of my last month...bc I think I could possibly get prego if my regular ovulation days matter!Does it matter?Can I get prego if my period came late and I had sex,and sperm got inside me a day before my ovulation time of my past lmps..and only this period was irregular?!!!omg I don't was to stress that's why I became late this month!I can't wait another missed period..a month from now ughhh!!!

PLEASE IM LOOKING FOR ANSWERS!!!!!
I'm 7 days late now & have taken 3 tests and all neg!! I had a miscarriage 3 months ago and have been trying to get pregnant. My period comes every 16 days and then im on for 6 days. But this month i did a test 3 days late and neg but when i had my miscarriage it showed then! Then 5 days later i had pains as tho i was about to come on and when i wiped there was brown/pink blood but it only happend that once! Is that implantation bleed?? since then had aching and nothing! done another test today (7 days) but it was cheap one and neg again! I have no energy bad headaches ,bad back! I have 2 boys 7 & 5 so should know if im pregnant! Please Help xx
My period is currently 17 days late, and for the past 14 years, my period has been as normal as clockwork!  I don't really have any symptoms of being pregnant, besides some mild cramps...I have been more than normally stressed out lately, but I can't believe it would cause my period to be this late!  I took a test when it was 14 days (3 days ago) and it came back negative.

Is it possible to be pregnant with no symptoms?!
So here's my story, in March I had a missed miscarriage, had a DC and was put on Provera in the beginning of April b/c my period was due to come on May 9th of this year which was my wedding day I got my period on April 27 since then it's been regular May I got it on the 24th but June and July both on the 24th cut too the present time I'm almost 11 days late and 4 negative tests later I'm freakin out!!  My husband and I have been tryin to conceive but I don't understand why I'm late and gettin a negative test. I know a call to my doctor is in order and a blood test but i'm freaking out I WANT to be pregant however I'm stressin myself out b/c I haven't had symptoms in a few days I was also told when I found out I had a miscarriage that I also had a cyst on my ovary now I have a dull ache on the side where the cyst is so Im assumin Im late b/c of that and not pregnant lets just say the last few days have been awful for me. I want to have a baby, Im very regular and now I dont have my period Im gettin negative tests and next month would've been my due date so Im overly emotional, stressed, sad and worried that I cannot have a child b/c of this cyst. This is torture! I'm goin to loose it I really want to be pregnant! Anyone out there in this kind of situation??
I had my period on july 24th lasted a week come Aug 22 i kinda started lightly spotted brown discharge then stopped by the next day my question is when do you start counting missed days is it from the day you were suppose to start or is it the day your period would end. So if i count from the day i was suppose to start i am 13 days late. When do you ovalate i heard 14 days after your period if thats the case i would be like only 4 weeks along. i had all neg test and a blood test neg also but the doc told me that they dont like giving blood test untill 3 weeks after your missed period they told me not to be discouraged i could be very much pregnant. What do yall think
Okay so here's MY STORY. July 24th is when I had my last period. A few weeks later my fiance and I had unprotected sex SEVERAL times WITHOUT using the pull out method. We really arent worried about getting pregnant. Anyway, about a week before my period was supposed to come I had the usual cramps and icky feeling in my vagina, like pressure and discomfort. But no Sore breasts like the three months prior. Well It is now Sept. 4 and I am 11 days late and no sign of my period. I went to the doctor twice to take a regular HCG urine test, but they came back neg. I have never been irregular. I dont understand why I would be nearly two weeks late, I was told it could be stress. But I couldnt imagine why I would have the normal symptoms of my period coming and then it GO M.I.A! I am really confused... I have read from so many of you that it may and can take weeks before you REALLY find out or get a GOOD positive Preg test. Well This is so frustrating! I guess I am going to wait another week to go get a blood test done... Hopefully that'll tell me! *** But was also told my tests could be too early...GRRR I DONT KNOW!!!!
I am in the same situation as many of you!  I am 33 years old and do not have any kids yet.  I had my last period on July 30th.  I am currently 10 days late (according to my regular schedule).  For the past 19 years my period has come like clock work.  I have NEVER missed a period and I am NEVER irregular....except for the last three months.  Two months ago, I got my period on the right day but it only lasted 1 day (Usually 4 days).  The next month it was 6 days late.  I took a HPT and it was negative, then I got my period that night!  This month I am 10 days late.  I took another HPT test 2 days ago and it was also negative.  I have been feeling like I am getting my period for the last two weeks.  I am extremely tired, crampy, bloated and gassy.  My jeans are very uncomfortable to sit in (slightly tight around my waist).  Could I be PG?  I am getting married in 5 months and hmmmmmmm, my dress won't fit by then if I am.  I would want to postpone the wedding if I was PG.  Would like to know before I make anymore payments!!!  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.   I also have Hashimoto's Thyroid Disease.......does anyone know if this could manipulate the HCG readings on the HPT tests?
Could previous posts please let us know your outcome.  
So glad to know I am not going crazy!!  The same thing is happening to me.  However, I would love it I were pregnant.  I have taken 3 pregnancy tests and all negative.  But the first I took were each a day apart (one on Saturday and then Sunday).  Then that Monday I went to my Doctor's and took a blood test.  Still negative.  My friends/co-workers are telling me it's too early to tell.  My last period was July 27 to about the 31st or 1st of Aug.  I wasn't sure if you count from the first or last day of your last period.  Either way, when I look at the calendar it's been slightly over 5 weeks.  The end of this week will be 6 weeks.  I have Always been regular.  The last time my period was a month and half late was over 3 years ago when I stopped taking my BC pills in the middle of the month.  
Anyway, my symptoms are peeing, always tired (not nap tired or been out in the sun - I could sleep for hours tired and I get a minimum of 6.5 to 7 hrs a night), and discharge (not a lot but constant).  Also, I have some light cramping (but nothing like my cycle) and it feels like butterflies.  Some light nausea in the morning but my breasts are not sore.  It always feels like I am wet there, kind of how it feels when you bleed on your cyle or when you sweat there but I check and no blood.  Not even pink.  My husband keeps asking me when I am going to bleed and if I maybe tested too early.  I am trying to determine at what point the test should be positive if I am.  I bought 2 test kits with 2 tests in each.  I will test once a week up if I continue to not have my period.  Just had a physical and pap done couple months ago so I know I am healthy.  Just would like to know one way or the other.  My friends are more excited than I am.  I just want confirmation one way or the other.

Guess we all just need to hang in there and wait and see.
I am so unsure as to what is going on!, my last period was the 25th July 2009 i am now 2 weeks late which is really confusing me?!, i have no definate pregnancy symptons although i am rather moody lately and keep feeling very hot! i am always very regular and after taking 5 test all Negative i have give up thinking. I went to docs on Mon 7th Sep and he told me i may have ovalated later than normal hense the delay in my period, he sent a urine test to the lab and i get the results Fri so will update. I requested a blood test and he said i should wait for a few weeks. I already have a beautiful Daughter who turned 2 years last week so a little brother or sis would be fab for her xx, i am scared to get exited but really want to. Our body's are funny things and i suppose what will be will be! gud luck every1 n please update. xxx Emma
I guess we are all on the same page here. I had my last period august 2 should have started on the 29th ( going by the 28 day cycle that I always do ) sometimes it may be 2 days late but normally i blame that on it changing cycles. Other than that I am pretty regular. My husband and I use the pull out method ( has worked for almost 7 yrs.) and normally I don't have sex with him around my ovulation time, but.... this time I didn't track it and things happened. My worry is my very 1st pregnancy the line didn't show up right away, then it did had the blood work done and i was. Well not more than a couple weeks  in and then lost it. I have had 2 normal pregnancies ( with my second I spotted early on with him) and they are 8 and almost 7. I did take 3 tests all neg. So I guess I'll wait a bit longer and see what happens.  
yes it happen to  me and now im having a babygirl...due march 06 or march 13.
ive had the same problem my last period was july 27th i was over a week late n decided to do a test it come out negative but i was having feelings i was pregnant i felt sick the bottom of my stomach was tender my boobs were sore i have 2 children already so i no wen im pregnant i did another test the next morning and still it was negative any way i just give up thinking its all in my head and my period would come but still after 14 days still no period done another test yesterday morning and has come up positive still was not sure tho as it was a very faint line so don another this morning and still a faint line so looks like i was right all along so my 3rd baby is on the way   xx gl allll
sometimes stress and diet cause the period to be late. Double check with a blood test, if negative then there is no way you can be pregnant.  Also HPT these days measure very small amount of HCG and the percentages of false negatives is very very small.  
HI GIRLS IM REALY GLAD AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH THIS PROBLEM WELL. i had my last period on july 27,and is september 14 and i havent get my damm period am worry beacuse this have never happen to me before i no am not prengnant because i took 1 hpt and it was negative and i went to my doctor and i took a pee test and it was also negative but my niples are very sore and they hurt also my back hurts and sometimes i get cramps what should i doo should i go back to the doctor and take a blood test someone please help me i dont now what to do thanks girls and good luck to everyone ....
Im confused, I like a lot of you seem to be ~11days late with three negative tests... waiting a few more days before going to doctor.

1. Kim are you the expert who gives advice, as it seems you are just rude to these ladies.

2. everyone seems to be asking questions and there seems to be very little answers, just rudeness on how people can't count their cycles properly.

3. I have no idea about my cycle as I had a miscarriage in April with triplets and previous to that I had just started mensturating again after the birth of my fist, and got pregnant. I have had three cycles sinc all different lengths.

4. I only assume I am 11 days late judging by my old 28 true to form cycle but I have all the common pregnancy signs.

I just want to know if it is Possible that you could be pregnant with a viable child after 11-14 days late after negative hpt's

Can anyone answer?

Thank you
- okay so here qoes ; my last cycle was on july 25th . me and my boyfriend have only had sex twice , and those were on auqust 15th , and auqust 20th , unfortunatley he did not use the withdrawl (withdrawal) method either time and im unsure if i am preqnant or not . i did N0T qet my cylce till september 5th which makes me 10 days late . my period is REGUlAR , never has it been late nor off up untill now , ive taken 4first response test : i took 2 test three weeks after the 15th of auqust , and another 3 weeks after the 20th of auqust and all of them have qiven me a neqative result . i feel queezy in the morning when i wake up , though there has not been any full blown vomitting i have passed out , i have major headaches , i eat allot more than usual , i pee way more often that i ever have , my body feels very tired allot , and my abdomen is bloated and feels somewhat heavy . if it means anything not long after me and my boyfriend had sex the first time i was no where near getting my cycle but i was EXTREMELY BLOATED for a week straight , if i am pregnant it will be about 5 weeks now ? , any help before i get a blood test done ? thank you .
hi i just wanted to let everyone know after two missed periods, 3 trips to the er, and multiple negative tests...i finally got a positive....the doc says everything is ok and i am 7weeks 3days along!!!!!
That is great to hear! CONGRATS! If I may ask, how did the doctor confirm it? I'm kind of in the same situation exept it's been 14 weeks since my last period...I have went to the doctor for multiple urine tests and a blood test that came back negative. I have an appointment with an OBGYN and just not sure how to approach the situation without feeling crazy. lol
Hi all

I would just like to add up my situation,  i am now 7 days delayed.. I only had missed a period once in my life and that was May this year well that's what I thought until this month i haven't gotten a my period yet. The difference between last MAY and this month is in May i was on my pills BC and just last august we decided that i should stop taking pills as i am eager and ready to have a child. I keep thinking that this might be a  cause of some hormonal imbalance due to stopping the BC method.

But i have heard from some that once you take off the BC you'll get preggy easily as i have one of my friend proved me that. I have 24-15 day  cycle period no later than that it can also be earlier but no later.

I had my first day of last period on August 22-24 it wasn't a very heavy one as it's usually is due to BC. Me and my husband had intercourse probably 3 times during my ovulation period that I calculate from online.

3 days after having intercourse I have had bloating and stomach cramps plus headache and exhaustion.Now, for the past 3 weeks i have had stomach cramps once in a while, on and off headache, burping a lot, i felt like i have hyper acidity in my stomach i can feel some acid when ever i burp. I also had breast soreness sometimes, However i haven't throw up yet, and i don't crave for weird food also i don't have mood swings. I really thought i was pregnant, i have had wasted 4 HPT and turned out negative darn their not a cheap LOL!! I believe my brain is not stressed out and there is not much of an expectations from us, it's just that i wanna know what's the real score is so we can then move forward.. LOL 2 days from now is my ovulation and yet no period to come.

I had blood test done in MAY and turned out negative. I don't want to go there again and get some needles sticking in my skin and it will turn out negative again. My work includes heavy lifting so i am really eager to find out if i am really pregnant or not so i could stop lifting stuff to avoid miscarriage.

Thanks everyone for reading, i just feel like i needed some place to burst out.

Y'ALL have a good one.

Hi all

But i have heard from some that once you take off the BC you'll get preggy easily as i have one of my friend proved me that. I have 24-25 day  cycle period no later than that it can also be earlier but no later.

Y'ALL have a good one.

Ah - i love you ladies!!! I am not alone!!

11 days late, and lots of pregnancy symptoms (nausea, frequent weeing and a bloated tummy already!), but 4 negative tests...

So, either I have a bladder infection, and stress has caused the late period, OR I am indeed pregnant...  I can't really explain it, but I also FEEL pregnant.  I already have a daughter from a previous relationship - I didn't get a positive result with her until I was 11 weeks!!

I wouldn't be so worried, I'd be happy to wait and find out... but unfortunately me and my partner recently split and kinda need to know what I am dealing with (on my own... again... but us strong ladies just get on with it!)

I hope you all get the results you are hoping for xx
the er doc confirmed by a urine and a blood test... they then did an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok and it turns out it was... i go to my OBGYN on the 1st and i am hoping to hear a heart beat...i am now 8week 2 days along..and still sick as ever
Thank you very much for the update! Well I got my AF so it looks like I am in the clear but good luck :)
Update;

Well today is my 10th day of being delayed and I went to the Lab to have a blood test done and it turned out negative. I really  feel pregnant and my breast are sore and they feel really heavy even when I walk or move fast they hurt a bit. I am getting annoyed with this, i burp a lot and i feel like throwing up but i can't throw up. This is just crazy!

I have heard of amenorrhea were a woman who stop taking pills it can happen that you wont have a period for 6 months for woman who have regular cycle, and upto 12 months if you have irregular cycle. I just wanted to have my period so i can start all over again.

Goodluck guys.
Hey Peeps
Sooooo many stories soo little answers, As u knw im in the same situation. 10 days late / Very Tired /Headaches / Emotional /only mild cramping /nausia only happened 2 yesterday and day before/ breasts are not sore/5 Neg Hpt & 1 neg Doctors urine test. Get my results from a blood test tomorow. I WILL UPDATE!!
Baby dust 2 you all xox
BIG FAT NEGATIVE from my blood test so its true you can be late and feel all the symptons and not be pregnant. My advice is honestly dont work ya self up and get the blood test because you may be sadley dissapointed...I was like you and googled my heart out!!
yea im 12 days late and test said i was not pregnent, it dose your head in when you dont know.
Just another update my first blood test was also negative...but i am pregnant i go for my second sono tomorrow...

good luck and baby dust xoxo
Well I'm 10 days late as well.  I'm never late. Have taken many HPT and neg.  Doctor said I could come in for Blood test but nervous because yesterday I started spotting of and on. Not really enough to call it anything but still.  Thought I was going to start but didn't.  What to do. How long before a positive. I believe Im pregnant but need confirmation.  I cant stand the waiting....
I always have a 28 / 29 day cycle and I am never late.I am 11 days late and have taken 4 pregnancy tests, all different brands and they have all been negative. I started to feel sick today but haven't had any other symptoms other than a little bit of mild cramping. Spoke to my Doctor who said it's unlikely I am pregnant if the tests came back negative but he referred me to the hospital who will be giving me a blood test and scan on Monday morning. I'm having this done just to put my mind at rest because I'm more concerned that something else may have caused it other than pregnancy. We are trying to conceive and have been for 6 months and even though I want a baby I'm perfectly aware that it is unlikely I am pregnant. However I spoke to my cousin who just had a baby boy and she had 8 negative pregnancy tests and only found out she was pregnant after having a blood test and  they confirmed she was 12 weeks pregnant. I just want to know either way because even if I'm not pregnant I need my period as I'm due to have some fertility tests that can't be done until I have my next one!

Pregnancy tests are very good these days but they aren't always accurate... some people just don't show enough HCG in their urine.

I will keep you posted!

good luck to all of you ladies who are ttc.

I am just looking for some advise. I am a mother of 1 and really trying to get preggers again. I am almost 11 days late, and i am NEVER late. the last time i was when i was pregg before, I have taken 2 tests both negative. How long should i be waiting before getting a blood test. Just wish i knew because if i am then yay!! but if not i just want to move on and stop getting my hopes up just to be let down every time i see a negative, any thoughts...thanks:)
hi read all the storys. so confused im 10days late and done 3 tests and all said negative. dnt know wether to go to the doctors or wait a bit longer. me and my fiance have been tryin to get pregnant, but now i just want to know one way or the other. i think i have a few symptoms like havin a funny taste in my mouth or feelin sick and dizzy and really bad headaches. i also have been have crampin for the past 10days plus a for the week b4 i was due like i normally have. i keep thinkin my period is gonna start but it hasnt. dnt know wot to do or think.
would b happy with any advance people could give me
thanks xx
update..

finally my period had come after 13 days of being delayed, the day after i went for the blood test which result was negative i had my period, how ironic if it only come the day before the blood test i could have avoided the needle yikes..

anyway goodluck to everyone, my husband and i are trying to have one soon. our Christmas gift to the in-laws who never had a grand child before.. it's gonna be exciting..
Ive loved reading all posts its good to know everyone is a simular position and congratulations to all that came back positive in the end =)

I'm 8-9 days late now depending on how you wana count it, when i felt i was due for my period i did get usual symptoms, bad backache, minor stomach pains, 2 or 3 spots had surfaced on the face, i havent been stressed just the usual, so i was positive i'd be comeing on, it didnt come. I had unprotected sex 4 days before i was due and the day i was due on, im not and havent been trying for a baby but would still be happy if i was pregnant.

I haven't had any signs of pregnancy besides the late period so i decided to get a p.test (digital) this morning just to be safe, results were negative.

So i wish my period would just hurry up and come.
If im not on by monday 12th i guess i will test again?

i'll keep you posted guys =)
xxx
update..

today is my 13th day of being late. i went the doctors 2day n did another pregnancy test which was also negative. he told me that if im still not on in a week then  i have go bk for another pregnancy test. i just wanna know wots up with me. i just wanna know one way or another for defo.

keep you updated x
my 1st preg showed hgc at 5weeks, 2nd preg not till 13weeks, 3rd not till 4months, and this 4th preg well, this one is kicking around my bellybutton and still negative urine tests!! so yes it does happen, and is happening to me right now!
and im so glad to find others who experience the same because its sending me crazy arguing with the midwive at hospital and doctor to get them to do the blood check and sonogram since the urine test is negative, and they get annoyed and treat me like im a nutter!! saying it is impossible to be pregnant and get a negative test!! well funny how a baby appears a few months later

im studying to become a midwife now, at least i wont try to bully other women away when they are really pregnant, i would do all the checks first.

i might buy a preg test business, seeing that they will never stop selling to women like me who buy a million per month when this happens. :D
Right so ive now come on guys =) ahh well...
good luck everyone else ..
x
after 16days of bein l8. i think i have finally *** on. i know it sounds disgustin but has anyone had it were its been like a brown colour. for a day or so n now i think its startin proper. this has been the weridest 16 or 17 days ever. dnt have a clue wot is happenin 2 my body lol. i really thought i mite of been pregnant after hearin other people storys of how they have had negative test results but it turned out they were pregnant.

gd luck to everyone else.
maybe next time i will b pregnant with any luck x
hi everybody just an update i i got to hear the baby's heartbeat yesterday...its finally real to me! good luck and baby dust to everyone!
Hi, my husband and I have been ttc for 3 months.  I've never had a late period and now find myself 9 days w/o AF.  I didn't expect to have conceived this month because I didn't have any of the classic symptoms, the only things that were new: headaches and no PMS symptoms at all.  Depending on how work is going, I find myself being tired at the end of the day, so I can't blame the fatigue on being preggo.  

The day before my missed period, I started getting excited.  I knew I wasn't going to get it (on time).  Took tests 10/8-pm (EPT - negative), 10/9-pm (EPT - negative), 10/13-pm (Clear Blue - negative), and 10/14-am (Clear Blue - negative).  Still no AF!  I find myself wishing for a positive, or at the very least, to get my period and move on.  The doctor said to come in for a blood test when/if I'm 3 weeks late.  I'm sure I'll be tempted to test again before that time.  I'll update if I can refind this link.  Congrat to all who had the eventual positive result!  The rest of us will get there eventually.

Has anyone found out that they had something else wrong that caused them to be late?  I'm 27, haven't had any medical issues and my mom had two really easy pregnancys (I'm hoping that it runs in the family!).  Should I be worried?

KM
Update: Negative HPT on 10/17.  PMS symptoms today...  We'll see.
Update!!!  Positive HPT this morning!  Looks like we're having a baby!  Good luck to everyone out there.

With how I felt yesterday, I was sure I was getting my period today.  The cramps and backaches were just higher than usual PMS pains.
Congratulations and i hope all goes well for you...

TO EVERYONE...

I'm 28 and got married to my husband in July this year. We have been together a while now and knew it was the right time to try for a baby. I was due on friday 16th October however nothing has come so i am now 4 days late. I have never been pregnant or tried for a baby before and my periods are always spot on (28 days). I feel so bloated and have such bad stomach cramps and headaches. I am shattered and am been told i look it at work, cheeky buggers!!... Like i say, because this has never happened to me before i took a clear blue digital test this afternoon which showed up negative. I believed it would tell me that i was pregnant and when it didnt i got a little upset.
I am so pleased i have found this site and read alot of stories. I'm going to wait now and not stress out by taking more tests just yet. I'll wait another week and try testing again. If nothing i'll go to the doctors.

The only worry i have is i do a demanding job and could possibly be involved in violent incidents during work. In my job people who are pregnant have to tell straight away to then be placed behind a desk. Maybe if there is no period after a week i best go to the doctors...

Good luck to you all....
Any update Twinkle?
aish, ladys am going out of my mind after reading all the statements, its been a whole month now without having my period, i have a strong feeling that i might be prenant, mybe my body is playing tricks on me, but all the simptoms are there, i think i have already used 7 home pregnancy test and they have all came out negetive, am so confused at this stage, i gues the next step is to visit a doctor for a blood test, am crossing my fingures for a positive result
I am now exactly a week late, me and my husband have been trying to get pregnant for a bout three months now. I have a very regular period hardly ever late, and if I am it's only a day or so. I have taken three pregnancy test. The first one i took on the day i was suposed to start my period, the second the day after (yes im anxious), and the third yesterday (6th day late). They were all negative. I want to get a blood test done,but my husband and friends seem to think i'm rushing it and that if the tests said no that more than likely im not pregnant. Any advice?
Hey i came off the pill 3 months ago and still had regular periods, But this month i thought my period was coming and still hasnt, i'm 12 days late and 6 home tests say i'm negative. Whats going on?
So I would like some advice etc..
I stopped taking Nordette on Sept 26 I had a week of active pills left, but we decided ttc and stopped right then.  Had a period like normal on Sept 23-25.  Took OPK on Oct 5-10 and thought I had a + reading had BD everyday, had what I thought were ovulation pains on one side, spotting, etc.  Expected my period on 10/21; 10/20-22 had nauseau and exuasted thought AF and now CD 39 4 - HPT.  Off and on for the past few days had a soreness but no cramping just sore or heavy feeling still no spotting or AF.  How much longer until I get a blood test.  
It's reassuring that some haven't had + until weeks later but hate the waiting.
???????
Woke up this morning and done a pregancy test and was negative. Then i wiped and had a light blood, dont know if its my period or spotting. I also know now i really want a baby :) i'm quite upset. Has any1 had trouble getting pregnant after coming off the pill.

Someone help please !!
how long were on the pill, when did you come off of it?  did you have the same experience I am having?
I just got off the pills around august, on September i waited 35 days to have my period thought i was pregnant by then but the blood test says NO! after blood test my period come finally.. how ironic..

and for the month of October i hadn't had my period, this day is my 36th day since the first day of my last period on sept.. don't know what's going on maybe i have to wait 40 days now for my period to come? it's really hard wish i hadn't taken any BC at all.. its just getting sillier every month. and i'm not going for a bloody test again it hurts haha!!

took HPT last week says - will test this weekend if period won't be coming yet.

Goodluck to everyone.
hi all, i just got married in August and now trying to get pregnant... my cycle ia about 35days..and as in today i'm already 11 days late...did 4times of hpt with negative results...should i get the blood test now or wait further?
Im 22 days late. I took one FR hpt the first week I was late. It was neg. I dont want to get my hopes up so Im not testing for a couple more months since I just went off nuvaring oct 7th. My boobs are heavy and sore, look to be growing too. Feel bloated, am swollen and have be nausious and tired. Who knows. Im taking prenatals so no worries if Im preggers and dont know.
HPT today and it was negative :D my 37th day since the first day of my last period.
I am 11 days late and nothing.  I keep reading these posts, hoping for som inspiration as I feel as if i'm going crazy!!  I have not been this late before, a week maximum!  I have had sore boobs for the last week.  I've had a few hot flushes, a bit of nausea here and there and nothing else!! I tested this afternoon and got a BFN :-(  I am at my wits end as I just want my period or pregnancy!!  We've been trying for a year now, my cycle is 35 days.  Please, please help!!!!
update, i am 6 days delayed now..

my 41st day since the first day of my last period...
Hi ladies.
I had my last period in September 9/28-10-3i hadn't had my period, this day is my 41st day since the first day of my last period on sept.. i usually get my period every 28-30 days so i don't know  whats going on im not on any kind of pils or anything and wasnt trying to get pregnant ..but could i still be? and this would be my first pregnaancy ..took a test yestrday it was negative...so im gonna wait till next week and retest...pls any advice would be helpfull..THANKS
we are in the same boat my 41st day today too. took a test like 30 minutes ago and was negative.. it *****!!
ok reading all these things that yall put are really sorta helping me its been a month since i've started my peroid. yes i had unprotected sex but i dont think im pregnant but i have like all the symptoms tho. like im cramping im having weird cravings and i eat more than i did. and i go to the restroom like every 10mins it drives me so crazy,oh and my mom is like always telling me are you sure your not pregnant because my lil brother acts weird around me sometimes. i dont know what to do i've taken like 6 hpt and they all come out negative im just thinking that i havent started my period cuz im stressing to much...my boyfriend is the one who gets sad becasue he really wants a child but im not ready for one.anyways long story short idk wut to so i was thinking i should go take a blood test but i live with my mom and im kinda scared to ask her because she would be disapointed in me. so should i wait till me period starts or should i ask my mom ????? please help me out im going so crazy
Kim you are a very bitter person (who is HORRIBLE AT SPELLING BY THE WAY!) Before you get on here putting your crappy two cents in and being rude to women seeking help, you should realllllyyyy consider taking and english/grammar course. No one wants to hear your idiot remarks, smart a**. Go get a life, and quit responding to these women like you are.
I am 11 days late and I have taken 3 hpt and 1 blood test 5 days ago and they all came back negative.  I've been ttc but I've never been this late before.  Is there a different type of blood test that can be done?
just wanting some advice really i have 2 children already and gave birth too my son in june this year who was sadly stillborn, me and my husband havent talked about trying again and have been quite carefull but had unprotected sex last month my periods are normally on the 4th of every month. now i find myself 8 days late felling the symptoms of pregnancy but have done 3 hpt but all were negative... am i testing too early whens the right time too test.. any help would be extreamly helpfull... many thanks
I am in the smae boat as all of you ladies!  My cycle is semi-regular.  It goes from 28 days to 26, 24, 22 and then back to 28, 26, 24, 22 like clockwork.  My last cycle I was at 24 days and it started on October 10th.  That means I should have gotten my period 22 days later on November 1st.  At the most I should have gotten it 28 days later on November 7th.  It is now the 15th and I am currently at 36 days.  I have NEVER been this late. Ever.  I have taken 4 hpt’s and all came back negative.  I don’t know if it’s all in my head, but I feel different.  And it could just be because I know I’m late so I am imagining, and thus, creating symptoms.  I have had really airy burps lately.  They brew for a while in my belly and slowly come up and they’re huge.  My abdomen feels harder, I almost feel like I’m losing weight, I haven’t been very hungry (I’m normally always hungry), I am breaking out like crazy, I have noticed I have been more tired than usual, and I think I might be urinating more frequently.  Oh, I have also felt nauseas, but have yet to throw up.  It’s not a strong feeling per se, but it’s definitely present.  Also, I have been extremely moody, but I can generally get pretty moody with my husband pregnancy or not =)  

I would go to the doctor, but my husband and I are going to be out of town the next two weeks and once we get home we load up the u-haul and move across the country.  We don’t have the time to see a doctor, unfortunately.  

My best friend is pregnant.  Her last period was four days before mine and she took a pregnancy test the day after her missed period and it came back positive.  If hers would come back positive, shouldn’t mine?  I am so confused.  I’ve never been pregnant before so I do not know my personal signs or symptoms.  I just know I have never been late, and I feel different.  

Oh more thing I must mention.  My husband and I weren’t trying to get pregnant, so I haven’t been taking care of my body the way I should.  Since we are moving soon, we have attended a lot of going away parties.  I have been very drunk three times since my last cycle and have had several days where I have had a drink or two, as well.  Could I have been pregnant, not known, and miscarried because of my lack of responsibility??  

Does anyone have any more updates?  Anyone been extremely late and either figured out your preggos or gotten your period?
My last period was on the 11th Oct and i still havent got one.. Going by a 28 day cycle i am 9 days late.. I took a pregnancy test this morning but it was negative.

It feels like my period is gonna come but it never does.. I get pain in the lower left side of my uterus. I been getting sore nipples, so bad that a t- shirt irritates them.. They have changed colour too. To a lighter colour. Ive been getting a discharge as well, more then norml but doesnt have any other sypmtoms so ive ruled out sti. Ive also beeen eating more then normal and lots of chocolate. Which i dont normally do.

The only time i had sex was 4 and 3 days before my period.. I know the chancs of concieving that late are very very slim but why am i late? I have recently stopped taking the pill but have had 28 day cylces since then, until now. Ive also been tired and taking lots of naps. I havent been stressed  so ive ruled that out. Ive recently travelled with a 2 and half hour time difference. Would that throw out my body clock?. Me and my fiance are goin mental..I need answers please. Anyone who can help, it would be much appreciated.. I will keep you posted. I'll probably do another test on monday the 23 november..

Please help me..
Just updating my current status.  I still haven't gotten my period.  I'm now 17 days late.  I've taken 5 hpt's all negative.  The doctor said he could get me in, but insisted he would only do a urine sample (no blood sample) which he stated is just as effective at the hpt's I have, so I declined.

I really thought I was pregant, but now, regardless of all my symptoms, I have to think I'm not.  How could I possibly be pregnant if all of these tests I've taken say I'm negative...17 days after my missed period??  And aren't hormones what make the symptoms of pregnacy?  So if I have syptoms (symptoms), wouldn't I have hormones showing up on a hpt?  

Ugh, I am so confused!  I just want to know.  Yes or no.  
I am only 16 and im 3 weeks late not exactly sure how many days but i took 1 test and it was invalid. (neither) and I took another one and it was negative.
Viewing 1-200 comments: