Women's Health Community
Could I be pregnant?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could I be pregnant?

I have had my tubes tied for 10 years now, however, my husband and I didn't have relations for over three years and I have had irregular periods for the last twelve years. We had relations on Dec. 25th and now I have been feeling morning sickness, tender breast, hungrier then normal, light headed, spacey, heartburn, hiccups, a swollen abdomen area and more emotional. I have also done 2 preg. tests and they both came back neg. Could I be preg.? Also, I have abnormal discharge, no smell, just feels like I am wet all the time. I am 36 years old and have 1 child and that pregnancy went smooth, no issues.
973741_tn?1342346373
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Well, in honesty, it is doubtful you are pregnant if you've had your tubes tied.  Perhaps a clip came off but otherwise, that is a pretty reliable method of not conceiving.  It would help if you remembered where you were at in your cycle when you had sex on the 26th.  Could you have been ovulating?  If you are irregular, I understand that is much harder to track.

But overall, the at home pregnancy tests are very reliable.  They pick up the hormone that all women must have if pregnant---  as the growing fetus creates the hormone.  If it isn't present, very very doubtful there is a baby.  Does that make sense?  I think you sound far enough along (as in past when your period sould have been due if you ovulated around the 26th of december) that you'd get a positive pregnancy test if you were pregnant.  

I would look to other reasons why this is happening.  By the way, symptoms you describe happen due to the build up of the hormones during pregnancy---  the same hormone that at home test looks for.  If you have not enough to get a positive test, doubtful you'd have symptoms.  So, I'm thinking this is unrelated.  I'd make an appt. to discuss with your general practictioner.  good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...