GREEN DISCHARGE
I have had a discharge for 16 yrs after my son was born both nipples. it is dark green to brownish. I have been to several dr who will not do anything about it. It is both embarrasing and discomforting I can not be touched and still single I believe this has hindered my relationships tremendously. Is there anything I can do to stop this once and for all?
My youngest son is 23 yrs old.  I sometimes still have a discharge from my nipples.  I nursed my children for A LONG time.  My doctors have not appeared concerned about this either.  Once I had a bloody discharge from one nipple.  Went to a breast specialist and he did a needle biopsy (although I'm not sure that he got a biopsy, just put a needle through the tip of my nipple)  Declared nothing wrong.  Still have some discharge sometimes, I'm through menopause.
I did not nurse my son, but still have this and is ruining my self esteem, I dont drink coffee and my dr says dont worry, problem is, he doesnt have to live with it I do... Help
I have had a dark green to light green discharge from both breasts when squeezed for many years. I asked a Dr about it years ago. He told me to stop playing with myself. I was furious! Later, I had breast cancer (not related, I think) and after surgery had a pocket of a copious amount of dark green fluid in my surgical breast. Doctors did not seem to know what it was. Eventually, a slide as done and it turned out to be a protein (not infection). It kept accumulating even after removal with a needle (now That hurt). They finally resolved it by opening the wound to the chest wall and had my partner stuff it with gauze twice a day til it healed from the inside out. Discharge ended for left (surgical) breast. Five years later, I was diagnosed with two more primary cancers - uterine and fallopian. I had a complete hyesterectomy. I continue to have a less amount of discharge from my right breast. I do not think it is completely caused by hormones as it continues after my hysterectomy. What amazes me is that doctors did not know anything about this - apparently- common breast health issue. I suspect if there were green discharge coming out of a penis, doctors would all be experts on the subject. I am of the opinion that any woman who has this issue should research it online and give her doctors a printout. In this way doctors would gradually become educated about it. It is a cryin' shame that medical schools do not educate doctors about things like this. Most subjects of medical research are men. I am a fairly strong woman with a strong female partner. We were not afraid to speak up about medical issues as they came up. I worry that less assertive women are at the mercy of a system which does not even bother to understand basic issues important to women. Many women on this board are afraid the discharge might be cancer and suffer needless fear. It is most important for us to get and stay educated about our health and require the same from our doctors.