Getting b12 once a month. Why still so tired?
I was diagnosed with extreeme low b12 two months ago. The dr. ordered me to get b12 once a week for a month and then once a month hereafter.
I have returned to work and feel happier to be working and not at home on short term disability, BUT even after just get my monthly b12 shot, a week ago, I still feel fatigued and no energy at all! My spirits are good but I'm just extreemly tired.

Can I take sublingual b12 on top of the shots? I am only getting the shot once a month and it has only been a week and I feel soooo tired.

When diagnosed with low b12, I was told that my stomach does not asorb the levels needed and that is why I need the shots.
I just find it odd that I just go tthe shot last week and feel real tired still.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lisa
I was told by my GP that I had low b12 and had to get shots twice a month.  She also prescribed b12 pills but she said that my body was not absorbing it.  However, when I talked to my ob/gyn she said that it could be dangerous to get too much and told me I did not need it after taking my blood.  That is just my experience.  Not much help to you, but just what happened to me.  Good luck.