Getting b12 once a month. Why still so tired?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I was diagnosed with extreeme low b12 two months ago. The dr. ordered me to get b12 once a week for a month and then once a month hereafter.
I have returned to work and feel happier to be working and not at home on short term disability, BUT even after just get my monthly b12 shot, a week ago, I still feel fatigued and no energy at all! My spirits are good but I'm just extreemly tired.

Can I take sublingual b12 on top of the shots? I am only getting the shot once a month and it has only been a week and I feel soooo tired.

When diagnosed with low b12, I was told that my stomach does not asorb the levels needed and that is why I need the shots.
I just find it odd that I just go tthe shot last week and feel real tired still.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Lisa
I was told by my GP that I had low b12 and had to get shots twice a month.  She also prescribed b12 pills but she said that my body was not absorbing it.  However, when I talked to my ob/gyn she said that it could be dangerous to get too much and told me I did not need it after taking my blood.  That is just my experience.  Not much help to you, but just what happened to me.  Good luck.