Growning Labia Minora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Growning Labia Minora

About two weeks ago my right labia minora just seemed to grow!  It has just gotten larger.  It does not hurt and is not even that uncomfortable, (just odd now hanging down to the outer one)  I just do not understand why one would grow larger and not the other.  Is this normal?  Is there anything I can do to make it go back to the normal size?  What do I do?
The labia minora can grow during puberty so that they protrude lower than the labia majora and that's normal. Being of an uneven size is completely normal too for some women. The only way to correct it, if you've gone through puberty completely and the other one isn't going to grow the same size as the larger one, is to have it corrected surgically. But is it really necessary? Guys testicles usually hang at different heights. Our right side of our bodies is not a mirror image of our left - eg one foot is bigger than the other, the same goes for our breasts.