Hair Salons and Pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hair Salons and Pregnancy

I am 8 weeks pregnant, with TWINS! I desperately need a cut because of a lot of dyeing in previous years (I haven't colored my hair in months, I'm letting it grow out to my natural shade). I'm full of split ends and breaks. I'm just wondering about the effects of the chemicals in the air of a hair salon. Is it OK to get my hair cut at a salon, or should I have someone I trust trim my hair at home? By the way, this is my first pregnancy, and I do feel silly asking...
Hi.. I am 15 weeks pregnacy just been for my second visit to doc.. He advised that in the second trimester it's safe to even do color in your hair... He specified that its all a myth and hinted that I could have gone in the first ...
Thank you, that really helps =)