LARGE MONS PUBIS
HELP. i've a large pubic bone and fat mons pubis. if i wear bicycle pants or something a bit tight it doesnt look like a regular mound.it looks like i have b*lls. i think its because my pubic bone is high. and my mons is really plump and fat, not like a usual mound. others often make fun of me, they say i’m actually a man, that i’m not normal, that i’m disgusting, etc. and when i walk in a bikini or swimsuit in the beach or the swimming pool, i can feel people staring DOWN,once, there was even a group of girls and some boys actually giggling about it. its really uncomfortable. it looks really round, fat and it protrudes outwards. and i’m not overweight AT ALL, but that section is damn fat.i’m 18 and im not sexually active, im embarassed. what do you think should be done? surgery’s my last option..
Omg I am so happy I found this site I have been struggling with the same problem I can't wear leggings because it's do noticeable I even thought I had a tumor! Thank god I'm not alone on this I hope we all find out why we have this:/
I've been doing quite a bit of research for years since its been a problem for

myself. Ive had it for as long as I can remember and I remember always

being self conscious about it and looking at other little girls and noticing how

different I was from them. It seems to be that fat collection is very easy

here, just like the lower abdomen. Because women have a higher

percentage of fatty tissue in the body than men it is more prominent in

women. If you are unsure if it could be a high mons pubis bone or just fat, I

recommend just checking yourself out. Lay on a flat surface with your legs

flat and press down on the mons, feel how far down your bone is, feel if

you could dig your way through the fat. It most likely will be a build up of

fatty tissue. It could actually also be hereditary. I actually have cousins

who have it much much worse than I do. And a lot of women are simply

born with it. As far as solutions, Ive applied fatty reducing cremes

and soaps several years back from a dietician in Tijuana, Mexico and I

believe it worked slightly. I have some right now but I have not constantly

applied it recently to conduct an experiment. Right now I believe the best

decision would be laser lipo. It is a pubic liposuction and is more cost

effective than regular liposuction, does not have such a long recovery

period, and is designed specifically for small tedious areas of the body

where fats just build up. Good luck ladies, but as of now this would be a

great option.
One guy's opinion: There are certain aspects of your body you can control, and certain aspects you just can't. The size and shape of your bones or general body parts, along with how your body distributes fat, are both things that fall in the second category. Not trying to be crude at all, but the first thing that comes to my mind in finding a comparison is penis size: a lot of guys have spent a ridiculous amount of time worrying over something that just isn't fundamentally changeable. All that time and worry is essentially wasted effort, and preventing them from moving on to more fulfilling aspects of their life. I've seen liposuction mentioned on this forum (which my girlfriend pointed me to, by the way), but that doesn't really solve the underlying problem which is either bone structure or how your body distributes fat. Even if the liposuction works temporarily, the fat will just reaccumulate eventually, not to mention the pain of post-op.  

I would argue for two things: one, if you're overweight (you can calculate your BMI here: http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/) try exercise and dieting. Commonsense, and no pain or money involved.

Secondly, come to terms with your body for what it is. If I meet a girl who thinks my penis is too big or too small, and that's a dealbreaker for her, then we won't date. Simple as that. It's not something I can change and it's not a preference I can change in her, so it's fine---we just both move on. If you meet a guy who feels the same way about your mons (although I have NEVER heard a guy talk about some girl's mons...ever), then you won't date him. Simple as that. Could he possibly be a jerk about the way he expresses that? Sure! But that just makes him a jerk, it doesn't have anything to do with you. Generally speaking, the people who are ONLY interested in your physical attributes aren't ones you want to be dating anyway, but hey if it just happens to be a real turnoff for someone you were interested in, then oh well. It's something that's out of your control.

TL/DR: The sooner you can come to terms with your body for what it is, and accept the things you can and can't change, the happier you'll be. Easier said than done, I know, but there's no time like the present!
Oh my goodness I'm so glad I found this because honestly I thought I was the only one with this problem. I'm 18 yrs old and being very tall and thin this darn area sticks out like crazy. I absolutely hate bathing suits, the ones with the little skirts is about the closest thing I can wear. And super cute high waisted shorts are a no. I've been so self concious about it basically my entire life mostly because I've never had any boyfriends much less even kissed a guy. I've thought about liposuction in the area, but I feel as though it's risky and would mess up nerves or something. Aghhh it's so annoying.
ok ladies, thanks God we r not alone!! I had find myself staring  "down there" to every single women and think: damn!! why I am the only one?? why??? But after reading all your post I feel such a relief to know Im not a freak!  
I didn't even know what was the name of it, didn't thought there was a surgery for that, so I guess somehow I've learned to live with that (but still hating it) . Im 24, average body, but try to be in good shape as possible and I think my problem down there has to be more with bone that fat..
I found that standing up sticking out a little bit -just a little bit -my butt, helps... u get use to it and plus make your back asset stick up (creating a distraction) ;) . I dont cohibit myself from yoga pants..they r so comfy, why r we gona private from them??our life is difficult enough! ..thouse with a "long belt" that you can fold out, work perfect!!! make sure it sits over your butt and in the front covers your mon...it looks stylish and cute!
I dont private myself from bikinis eithers! the low cut works better..ironically the littlier is in the front, the better, I mean: thouse "60's" bottoms hightlight the bulge... the ones that are shorth but width kind of hide it, make sure it has strings on the sides that u can adjust to "flatten" out down there... (not a solution, I still mostly in the water, or with a towel around, or walking a bit fanny, but I still enjoying the pool/beach)
dresses, skirts, are so cute and femine, use them frequently and make  them your signature look  :)
I see on the guys comments, other women experiences and my own, that men dont give a f***!! about it!  :) great!  the guys I've been with have never mention anything about it (or may be they noticed but keep it to themselfs) With my current boyfriend I dont wana brought it up...im afraid he may think: I didn't realize that before...but now that she metion it, oh yeah...looks nasty :S   and for the same reason surgery/lipo wont be and option, how can I get it done without him notice it??
make sure down there is as tan as the rest of your body..other way it would scream by itself: eeey look how big I am!! lol Keep it shave, massage it to stimulate circulation..keep it as pretty as possible...we gotta learn to live in peace with it...
anyways, Im agree that u gotta love yourself the way u r, but I know is hard to love your flaws... ur fat, bony flaws :S. but as you dont make a big deal of that, others wont do it either :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBbZoAEfY8
very interesting Video about surgery, with Pictures of before and after.
Im gonna do a surgery next month
You all have no idea how sexy that is...for most men not boys its a total turn on...in fact you should all send me pictures lol...in all seriousness most guys love it so embrace what you have...its absolutely BEAUTIFUL
I have the same, i went to the the harley group had a consultation and they never came back to me! So i didnt bother chasing them , i felt if they cant call me back they certainly arnt going to operate on me!!   Im now on a quest to go elsewhere for liposuction, i hope you have more luck than me.
After reading most of the comments, I was so relieved to find out I'm not the only one going through it. Honestly, now that I know that it's normal (cus it is) I really could care less now! ... I mean who set the standards for the "perfect" body!? perfect weight, size, or body parts?? Forget the expensive surgeries! Why not make the best of it? If we hide it and try to fit in with what society considers "normal" then we are just as ignorant as them.
Instead, view it as another body part, which some compared to breast size. Well, busty women wear clothes that support them yet still look sexy. When it comes to my large mons pubis, I noticed that I look good in small boy shorts! :) They fit just right with no complications and it even kinda flattens the area somewhat but hey, I still look good to my standards and that's all that matters :).
Love yourself ladies!!!!!!!!!! It's a shame I'm almost 20 and I'm barely accepting myself. Better late than never :P
So my advice is go out there and find the underwear and clothes that dont hide your mons pubis, but instead works with it, or compliments it :)
I can't believe i found this thread!!!  I have been built this way as long as I can remember--i only ever remember once noticing someone else who had a bit of  a bulge down there.

When my hubby and I first got married---we were both bruised on our pubic bones from them hitting until our bodies adjusted to each other---and it is no longer an issue after 25 years of marriage.

The hardest problem i have, is that I also am longer than normal from crotch to waist---so finding pants that don't crawl up the front is really difficult for me.  Even if they are pants with a longer rise, if the rise is too narrow (more V shaped than U shaped) it still cuts back too soon and is uncomfortable, even if there is fabric hanging low enough below the crotch that it looks like it shouldn't bother me.

I am not self conscious in a swimming suit, however, but I often hae to take my pants off during the day and put on my sweats to wear around the house because sometimes it makes my crotch ache.

Anyone know of some really good genes that have a long and wide rise?

I have bought coldwater creek, because they are built for women and are very stretchy--but they are way too expensive unless I find them on sale I have found that if i buy sweat pants that are too narrow and short through the rise, that I can turn them inside out and resew the crotch to make a wider and longer rise---but I can't do this with jeans.

It is so amazing to run across a thread like this when you feel like you are the only one in the world dealing with something!!!
I meant really good jeans---not genes!
The Liz Claiborne jeans are perfect for you! Try them!! I use them myself :)
What doctor did the fat/skin removal?  Also, are you still happy with the results?
I would love to know more about this! I don't quite understand what type of bike to use, but I too, have the same problem with my mons pubis :*( is there any way you can post a picture of the type of bike you're talking about, and how to use it correctly to decrease the size of my mons pubis? THANK YOU :)
Hi, I've just been recently researching into this. I've had this for quite some time now, I never bothered much about it before but now I'm starting to feel rmore insecure about myself. I'm nearly 16 and I've known I've had a big area for some time, because when I see other girls and friends at school they don't have such a prominent area. I haven't told anybody about this, I've wanted to tell my mum but I'm not comfortable talking about myself like this, even with her. I use to swim a lot when I was younger, but now I don't because of it. I was wondering how old you need to be to get this surgery? And what would you think I should do, considering my age?
Hi, I think you can safely get that mons pubis liposuction at your age.  You shouldn't be ashamed to talk to your mom or anyone about this.  As you get older, you will learn that there is nothing to be embarrassed about.  I am 31 and I have had issues with having a fat mons pubis.  I have gained a bit of weight and I have noticed it more when i wear tight jeans.  So I had decided to get liposuction of my mons pubis.  It's been 3 weeks and I am happy with the result.  It is hard right now but it takes time for the swelling to go down.  

Talk to your mom.  She will understand.  You have nothing to worry about.  And this surgery will be the best thing you will ever do.  Keep in mind, it takes about 6 months to see the full result.

be patient.

richelle
Ugh, so I have recently become aware of this. I mean am normal size 105lbs 5'1 1/2, big butt, small boobs, and flat stomach. It never crossed my mind that something could be wrong with me. Honestly I never even knew it was so big until this boy I liked pointed it. It was my freshman year in high school, and we were talking one night on the phone and he was like, "I have to ask you a personal question, but don't get mad" I was all like, "No, ask I won't get mad." He was like, "Do you shave down there.. I mean today I noticed it looked kinda big.." I was mortified I didn't know what to answer so I decided to play cool and be all like, "Off coarse I do!" And he was like, "Don't get mad. I was just wondering.." I decided to keep talking to him for a couple of mins so he wouldn't notice his comment put me off, and then I gave him a quick excuse and hung up the phone. After I hung up I shaved all my pubic hair off, 'cause before I just used to trim it because I didn't want to cut my self or anything. I was balling my eyes off the entire night thinking how disgusting I must of looked that day thinking I looked so attractive, when in reality he must of been looking at my big fat *****. Everything changed after that day. I started wearing long shirts and hoodies anything that covered it up. I am now in my senior year and honestly that has kept me off the market ever since I get all nervous and avoid the topic when guys bring up sex and what not. I don't want to ever live another moment as embarrassing as that. Every time I sit down I have to look down to see it it looks like I have balls in my pants. There's a comment here that saids some guys actually like it but that's a huge risk we women have to take because we don't know if the guy we are trying to be intimate with is gonna be out off by this or turned on. I'm really trying to think as me being one of those rare women out there that have an extra cushion for men what don't like hitting bones when they are having sex. However, I am going to try that bike technique to help me reduce the size even if just a little so I feel more comfortable wearing tight jeans.
I don't want to minimize how you are feeling.  I'm sorry you are so self conscious about this.  I will tell you though that the vast majority of men do not get all into judging this part of a woman's body.  Date men that are kind to you and date them for a while before becoming sexual.  I really don't think they'll think much of this part of your body at all.  Some men even find it attractive.  

We can't be so hyper critical of ourselves. good luck
hey i just wanted to let you know i have the same prob my mons pubis is very big and i only weigh 120 pounds and it is very frustrating cuz you cant weight alot of things cuz your scared you get made fun of and you feel uncomfortable im acually going to talk to my doctor about it this week trust mei know what your going though  
It's good to know there are more women out there that struggle with the same thing i do I've always been on the large side i wouldn't say fat but I've never been skinny. When I go to the beach or even just swimming with local friends i never have fun bcuz my body... I always have to have something sitting in my lap to cover up my embarrassing body parts :( I feel like i will never find any one that will like me bcuz my body is not beautiful like all the other girls i see! All i want is to be normal.... Why do i have to be this way :(( it seems like im the only girl in my entire school even in the entire county i live in that is dealing with this issue.. I want to get surgery done to fix this but i dnt have the money to do it. With my breast size butt size and large mons pubis i just don't feel the joy in life that every other girl feels. But at least it's good to know im not alone in this....
what kind of bike?
My heart goes out to everyone struggling with this insecurity, I have been through all of it my self- Highschool, college and now at 28 I am still dealing with this issue with my co-workers. All of the starring, pointing, laughing, jokes, curel notes or pictures being drawn, in my experience all of this was caused by women- women pay more attention to details including checking out other women from head to toe, and of course gossiping!!

Its a struggle on a daily basis simply getting dressed, shopping, intimacy. Whenever I am talking to someone I watch their eyes to see if they are "looking there" or hoping that they wont notice even though I always try to keep it covered. I have an amazing husband who accepts me the way I am, but I can't seem too. I have tried theraphy however I am still struggle to be happy with it. I wish I could make everyone feel better and take all of the hurt away from all of us but only we can do that for ourselves. We can accept it and live with it, or we can change it- its our bodies our decisions.

Has any one had a liposuction surgery done in the Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, North Bay or Sudbury Area? If you have can you please tell me where, your experience and if you were happy with the results??
Thank you.
Has anyone on this blog had the lipo
How to changer my MONS-PUBIS colour(From Black colour to white colour) ?
I want to know if you all really  have large mons  because mine is a monster. Is there a way to upload pics to this forum only? I guess i would like to come out of the closet so to speak. I feel safe here and i feel such a sense of relief. Like many of you I also feel alone and have never seen one like mine. I live in Texas and have not seen anyone  similar to my size. I just want to see others like me. Maybe there should some kind of convention for us to all meet maybe share some coping skills,emotional support  or some fashion tips perhaps.
Hi there -

Please do not upload pics of your mons. We do not allow pics of the genital area, even for clinical reasons.

Thanks!

Emily
Oh my! Why are you all so insecure about this?  My pubis sticks out too in fact when i lay down on my back it sticks out farther than my hip bones which stick out a lot already, however there is absolutely NOTHING to be stressing about!  Not one of my boyfriends has ever said anything bad about it and most of them have loved it and found it sexy as it accentuates the vaginal area.  

I am 32 years of age and noticed that it protruded farther than my friends when i was a young girl shopping with one or two of them. I even made jokes about how it looked like i was a chick with a **** when i wore something tight like a long dress.  We just laughed at it and i didnt give it much thought afterward.  It wasn't something i liked about my body but seeing as most of my boyfriends liked it i grew to like it too.  If anyone, girl or boy, notices your pubis and asks or jokes about it just tell them it makes for great sex.  Trust me the boys will be more than interested in you after you tell them this and the girls will just be jealous.  :)  All you need to do ladies is keep your area nice clean and shaved or waxed the way you like and you will NOT have any complaints from the guys.

I hope this helps.

ps - PLEASE DONT EVEN CONTEMPLATE SURGERY  it is sexy (so my boyfriends have told me)  SO LEARN TO LOVE YOUR BODY!
I'm so sorry to hear you feel so badly about yourself.  Let me try to put your mind at ease.  I have NEVER been a little girl.  I weighted 110 in 6th grade! And I have always been made to feel like a freek by my peers.  So naturally I really believed that NOone would ever love me or appreciate me for who I am, and HOW I am.  But I want to tell you, I did.  I have been married to one of the nicest guys for nearly 42 years. I still do not understand why he loves me so much, cuz I still see myself as I have been told I am--ugly and unloveable.  But I am learning to accept his love and trying to love myself, trying to imagine myself as HE sees me. So hang in there,Sweetie.  Work on learning to appreciate yourself, in all your glory, and I know you will find a special person who will see how beautiful you really are!!  :D
I just love them absolutely-no worries-the bigger they the better.  
Victoria's Secret, Sports Illustrated, Hustler, Playboy, and all those other sources of what an "attractive" woman should like have greatly ruined young women's perception of themselves.  These sources indicate that men desire tall women with large hips, narrow waists, large breasts and butts, and a small pubis.  Only an absurdly small portion of women actually come close to fitting this mold.  Men who actually desire this absurdly rare woman are victims of society and are denying their biological instincts to desire the attractive women all around us, including you.  Without getting too deep into the psychology of the matter, society's perfect woman is incorrect in biological terms.  She is a nearly impossible to attain standard, who drives women to try all sorts of different clothes, make-up, surgeries, etc. to make themselves like her.  Men see other men and women craving this glamorized version of what the magazines, movies, websites, TV shows, and other sources say a woman should be like, and the less secure men are unwilling or unable to be honest with themselves and acknowledge what they actually find attractive.  Every woman is different, and likewise, every man's tastes are different.

Personally, I find woman who are petite, average weight, have a shapely butt, and, yes, a large mons pubis, to be irresistible.  Why else would I have come to this page?  Please don't let anyone ever let you think you are anything less than sexy and beautiful.
My mons pubis area is fat too! I don't mind, but I have a problem. . . I can't find swimwear to fit in anywhere, neither panties. . . they're all too small. . . I would really appreciate it if you could recommend any label or e-shop or anything that you found and it's not tiny for us!!! thank you!!!
I've been aware of my large mons pubis since I was in elementary school.  Like many of you, I'm 5'2" and in shape.  I have always been super self conscious about it, and have leaned all the little tricks to hide it - having a bag or cardigan on my lap at all times while I'm sitting.  Wearing A-line dresses that pull away from the natural waist, wearing long shirts over tight pants, carrying my purse on my wrist in front of me while I'm walking, wearing super patterned bikini bottoms, or bottoms that have frills or extra material, etc.  But, it gets exhausting to think about this all day long.  Someone, (cough, cough, Spanx inventor!!) needs to come up with shapewear that levels out that area, like by adding very thin padding to the areas around the mons so that everything is flat... And gradually thin it out towards the waist and legs so it doesn't look abnormal.  Maybe I'll write her a letter with this suggestion and point her towards this board so she can see how many people would benefit from such a product.  As far as being shy about this on front of guys, you shouldn't be.  I haven't had one guy mention anything to me about it, and not to blow my own horn, a lot of them (and I have been with my share of his) were begging for more even after I left them.  I'm now a happily married 28 year old... But it's still hard to figure out what to wear, even if I'm comfortable being naked.. Sounds weird, but it's true.  For those of you dying to wear a tight dress, I found the perfect option that will keep things hidden in the front, but hugs your hips and butt..http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/banquet-on-it-dress...I wore it recently and loved it.
OMG so pleased to have found this forum. I have lived with this problem fo rmany years. I am now 48 and it is affecting my health, I am depressed a lot of the time because I feel so uncomfortable and I get soreness where my bikini line is on both sides.It is red raw. I have also had 2 C-sections, one ectopic pregnancy so another across the body scar and a total hysterectomy. So I have 3 scars in all. I suffer from soreness in the scar area as I have overhang of my stomach so need to wear 2 pairs of panties most times. It's so not fair and I can't go on like this. I am going to see the doctor tomorrow as I have had enough of this suffering.
I can't help you with sharing a mons look, but I did want to add that there is no need to be self-conscious about it. For me, I think it is sexy and many men I know do also. I can't help with insensitive comments by others but we all have things that get crappy comments, and I have gotten my share too. Just keep a smile on your face. Not too far away is a man that you can put a smile on his face... Take care, girl
Exactly! The men that I was intimate with LOVED my large puffy mons and thought I was very sexy! They adored me. None of them ever even told me that I was different. I would never want to alter mine with surgery. It's a special gift! I have a very strong sexual appetite even in my golden years, and I know it because my Mound of Venus is larger than other women's. Thank you for your words of encouragement to women who think it's a curse. It's a blessing, they just haven't figured that out yet. Since I didn't know I was different, I still wore bikinis, shorts, or whatever, and nobody made fun of me. Men loved me though! ;)
I am so glad I found people willing to talk about this, I was beginning to thing me and my daughter were the only two people that had this problem. I am 46 yrs old and it has taken a while to get comfortable in my own skin. Is there anywhere to buy jeans and panties to fit over my mons pubis that look and feel good?
You are worked up over nothing if your concern is men. Some men like large boobs, some small. Some men like women who shave, some not at all. I find a distinctive mons punks sexy and exciting. Maybe some men do not. I think the sexiest part of a women is her mind. There's slot of diversity there even day to day after the body grows a bit stale. (I'm married to my wonderful sexy wife for 34 tears)   And she still blows my hair back in bed.

N
i heard recently that rise in hormone estrogen level can lead to fat deposition over the mons pubis. i have had this problem for as long as i can remember and i always feel embarrassed to wear tight pants as it is visible through it too. And now im in a serious relationship with my boyfriend but im scared to get intimate with him. i dont know if it would help but im on a strict diet at the moment to reduce my estrogen level plus a regular exercise. if anyone knows a good way to reduce mons pubis plz plz let me know..ty
Honey, I am a seventy three year old woman and   have had a large pubic mons my entire life and believe me when I say I have never had a problem getting and keeping a man. Most men could care less as long as they have a woman that loves and cares about them. Do not let this keep you from finding a good man and having a life!
I've agree with what a lot women have said on this thread.  There's no call for shame or self-loathing.  Having a less attractive body part than we would like hardly makes us awful people.   That said, I suspect that some commenters may not quite understand the difference between "rocking a generous kitty", and walking around with pad of fat in front bigger than your butt-cheeks.  Or as one poster put, "big enough to grab hold of with both hands wave around."

A plump mound is cute.  Walking about looking like you've a watermelon jammed down the front of your pants is not.  Especially if it bounces up and down when you walk, or means you can't cross your legs or sit with your knees together because of the volume of fat between you thighs.

I've had enough.  I'm having a mons reduction in 2 weeks.  I had a tough time finding a surgeon. Many were willing to do a tummy tuck, or address mons fullness as part of a tummy tuck.  However my tummy is relatively flat, and i don't want a tummy tuck.  eventually, I found someone, and I'm thrilled about that.

The surgeon will use a combination of lipo and resection (cutting and removing excess skin and fat) on my mons and labia.  Cost is about $3000 CDN.  The surgeon told me this is really common, he does it all the time, and he prefers to lipo as much as possible, and saves the cutting for the times when the skin has been stretched out, or if the mons hangs or droops.

Mine, in addition to being about the size of a small watermellon, also hangs a few inches down my thighs.  Lipo alone is not an option for me.

I get how upsetting this is for a lot of girls and women.  

What I want to say to most women is:  what you're looking at is probably normal and healthy.  You're beautiful! Rock that generous kitty and don't be ashamed or shy.  

What I want to say to the others, who have something that upsets them and makes life difficult is: liposuction will is relatively inexpensive.  I was shocked to learn it was in the 2-3 thousand dollar range.  It takes about 1/2 an hour to do, and you can be back at work in as little as three days. You're beautiful!  Don't be shy about talking to a surgeon about this.  They do it all the time and have seen much larger ones than yours.

To those of us who may actually be "the much larger one" that the surgeon is talking about:  Don't be ashamed!  You're beautiful.  And you deserve to take steps to get this sorted if it bothers you. You might be looking at more than $3k, true.  But most surgeons offer financing.

I'll pop back after my surgery in a few weeks and say if it was worth it and if I'd do it over.

Good for you... hope it all worked out well.  

I had a larger than normal but not as large as yours.  I had lipodisolve injections which is less invasive and less cost than liposuction which works for smaller kitties (love this wording), I had 4 injections and it reduced by about 50% and I now live a fairly normal life - thinking of going back for another 1-2 now after 7 years or so
Thanks for the encouraging words. I am 50 years old now, 5'8"
And 130lbs. I work out regularly to keep in shape but my large mound makes me very uncomfortable both physically in certain clothes, and emotionally I am obsessed with how ugly it is. I am fairly attractive except for this. I am considering a consult for the liposuction but haven't gotten the courage. My husband thinks I'm fine how I am but I can't stand to look in the mirror anymore. I was born this way it didn't get large over time. Certain clothes are just downright unbearable to wear. Spandex shorts or bikinis? Forget it. Even some underwear doesn't cover the front well. I am tired of it. If I have this procedure, I am doing it for me and no one else. In my mind I keep hearing this voice saying, "don't mess with nature" but I am tired of looking and feeling like a freak.
It's as if you are inside my brain.  This is exactly how I feel.  My husband thinks nothing of it, but he doesn't know what it feels like to be a woman having a jiggly fat appendage that doesn't belong there.  I'm 50, 5 foot 3 and about 125 pounds.  My self esteem is non existent and I put off going to the store as long as possible.  I had lips about 2 years ago.  The doctor looked at me like I was a mutant.  The procedure was horrid as he refused to give me general anesthesia. well 2 years later it's back as if I never had the procedure.  I'm trying to find any type of panty that might support that area but I can only find full compression panties and you can't go around wearing those everyday.  I'm finding it very hard to dress and very hard to muster up any self confidence.  Basically I feel like this is ruining my life.  :'(
Try lipodisolve injections (less invasive and much less cost than liposuction), I had 4 injections and it reduced by about 50% and I now live a fairly normal life - hope this helps  :o)
Yes I have been obsessed about big mons since small-honest

BTW I a man. To those of u out there I suggest u tell ur boyfriends that it makes up for a great sex.
I had the procedure 6 weeks ago - and zero regets.  Do keep in mind that mine was an extreme case.  I'm the person the surgeon is talking about when he says "I've seen much bigger than yours".  I had momnsplasty only, no tummy tuck, with about 2 kilos of fat removed.  Because mine was so large, lipo alone was not an option, I also had to get the excess droopy skin cut out.  The scar is about 20 cm long, almost hip to hip.  That's an unusually long scar, but like I said, mine was an unusually large mons.

Absolutely zero regret!  It's a big scar, so what.  I feel normal, I look normal and everything fits.  Clingy dresses, tight pants, swimsuits, bathing suits, cute panties, all of it.

I wish I'd done this 10 years ago.
This is really getting me down and I feel like it's just getting bigger and bigger.
Literally nothing fits me, I'm running out of things to wear. :( If I wear leggings I have to wear a top that is long, I can't wear ANYTHING remotely tight like a clingy skirt or dress, jeans and shorts don't sit right and just ride up. People are always looking, that's not me being paranoid.
I don't have money for surgery, and I don't even know if I'd want it if I did have the money. I'm pretty confident with my looks but I just want it to be flat and small. I feel like a freak and like everyone's looking at my 'saggy and big' crotch all. the. time.
Me to, I'm in the exact same situation what have you done about it? X
Get Lipodissolve, I had four treatments and it made a difference of about 50%  :)
As a guy, I'll say I could careless about a FUPA, it's the muffin top that bothers me. When talking to my ADULT guy friends (over 25) in the military and civilian community overwhelming they prefer and are with height/weight proportioned women. A big Phat butt, FUPA or big breast are nice but it will be your personality and character that wins a guys heart. Happily Married 25 years to a wonder wan who has all of the above!
I also have struggled with what I felt was a large mons pubis my whole life.  I could never wear tight pants because it made that area even more noticeable.  It has always made me extremely insecure. Fast forward 20 years and I just recently discovered that the protruding of that area for me has been actually caused by poor posture!! WHAT??!   I was taught to always tuck my butt under and suck in my stomach by my mom and as a result, I have an extremely posterior tilted pelvis.  If you look at pictures of the pelvis bones locked in this position, you will see that the pubic bone rotates up and forward and actually pushes the mons pubis outward.  Its been just one week of me making an effort to find a more neutral pelvis position, along with stretching and strengthening certain muscle groups to help pull it back to normal, and I can happily say I'm already seeing HUGE improvement in this area!  Plus, I am now working my glutes properly and believe this will also fix my flat butt situation.  :)  Just thought I'd share my discovery if this might be the reason some others are experiencing a bulging mons pubis as well.
I have a very large mons pubis as well. Im in my 60s and I never knew I was different from other women until I was a senior and got hooked up on the internet and saw photos of what other women looked like. I can tell you during my younger days, I was a very attractive women, and I had long term relationships with some of the most attractive men. None of them ever told me that I was different. One boyfriend that I went with for nearly 11 years, started to tell me...He said there was something special that he absolutely loved about me...but then he stopped himself and said, if he told me, I would feel self-conscious about it, so he never revealed it to me. The men that I went with loved my shape. I also believe that's why Ive always had an incredible sexual appetite. I have never regretted being different after I discovered it. So cheer up! You have a very special Mound of Venus that men will love!...If you are with the right man! ;)
My wife has a large pubic bone not really much fat on it.Its very arousing to me . she will wear yoga pants and its hard to take my eyes off if it. I know i sound like a perv.  my ex wife barely had one at all and sex was kind of blaaa. My wife now sex is wonderful . but shes kind of self conscious about it . dont like for me to see her naked. And dont really like for me to touch it with my hands . she doesnt like any kind of for-play what so ever. Im a for-play guy. But ladys for this guy . you have nothing to be ashamed of .. I thi k its beaytiful and sexy ..
I used to think that I had a large pubic bone and could not wear any type of pants without having a shirt long enough to cover it. But one day, I was reading this article about the posterior pelvic tilt and exercises on how to correct it. I thought, why not give it a try? It's free and I don't have to go under the knife, so I really had nothing to lose. After 10 days, I could see a noticeable difference! It seemed like my pelvic is shifting inwards, so the bulge is not as noticeable anymore. For the first time in my life, I was able to wear slacks with my shirt TUCKED IN! It was such a great feeling! Don't get me wrong, there still is a slight bulge there, but I hope a few weeks more of these exercises will make it normal again. I can't wait to see the results!