LARGE MONS PUBIS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-226 comments:
The Liz Claiborne jeans are perfect for you! Try them!! I use them myself :)
What doctor did the fat/skin removal?  Also, are you still happy with the results?
I would love to know more about this! I don't quite understand what type of bike to use, but I too, have the same problem with my mons pubis :*( is there any way you can post a picture of the type of bike you're talking about, and how to use it correctly to decrease the size of my mons pubis? THANK YOU :)
Hi, I've just been recently researching into this. I've had this for quite some time now, I never bothered much about it before but now I'm starting to feel rmore insecure about myself. I'm nearly 16 and I've known I've had a big area for some time, because when I see other girls and friends at school they don't have such a prominent area. I haven't told anybody about this, I've wanted to tell my mum but I'm not comfortable talking about myself like this, even with her. I use to swim a lot when I was younger, but now I don't because of it. I was wondering how old you need to be to get this surgery? And what would you think I should do, considering my age?
Hi, I think you can safely get that mons pubis liposuction at your age.  You shouldn't be ashamed to talk to your mom or anyone about this.  As you get older, you will learn that there is nothing to be embarrassed about.  I am 31 and I have had issues with having a fat mons pubis.  I have gained a bit of weight and I have noticed it more when i wear tight jeans.  So I had decided to get liposuction of my mons pubis.  It's been 3 weeks and I am happy with the result.  It is hard right now but it takes time for the swelling to go down.  

Talk to your mom.  She will understand.  You have nothing to worry about.  And this surgery will be the best thing you will ever do.  Keep in mind, it takes about 6 months to see the full result.

be patient.

richelle
Ugh, so I have recently become aware of this. I mean am normal size 105lbs 5'1 1/2, big butt, small boobs, and flat stomach. It never crossed my mind that something could be wrong with me. Honestly I never even knew it was so big until this boy I liked pointed it. It was my freshman year in high school, and we were talking one night on the phone and he was like, "I have to ask you a personal question, but don't get mad" I was all like, "No, ask I won't get mad." He was like, "Do you shave down there.. I mean today I noticed it looked kinda big.." I was mortified I didn't know what to answer so I decided to play cool and be all like, "Off coarse I do!" And he was like, "Don't get mad. I was just wondering.." I decided to keep talking to him for a couple of mins so he wouldn't notice his comment put me off, and then I gave him a quick excuse and hung up the phone. After I hung up I shaved all my pubic hair off, 'cause before I just used to trim it because I didn't want to cut my self or anything. I was balling my eyes off the entire night thinking how disgusting I must of looked that day thinking I looked so attractive, when in reality he must of been looking at my big fat *****. Everything changed after that day. I started wearing long shirts and hoodies anything that covered it up. I am now in my senior year and honestly that has kept me off the market ever since I get all nervous and avoid the topic when guys bring up sex and what not. I don't want to ever live another moment as embarrassing as that. Every time I sit down I have to look down to see it it looks like I have balls in my pants. There's a comment here that saids some guys actually like it but that's a huge risk we women have to take because we don't know if the guy we are trying to be intimate with is gonna be out off by this or turned on. I'm really trying to think as me being one of those rare women out there that have an extra cushion for men what don't like hitting bones when they are having sex. However, I am going to try that bike technique to help me reduce the size even if just a little so I feel more comfortable wearing tight jeans.
I don't want to minimize how you are feeling.  I'm sorry you are so self conscious about this.  I will tell you though that the vast majority of men do not get all into judging this part of a woman's body.  Date men that are kind to you and date them for a while before becoming sexual.  I really don't think they'll think much of this part of your body at all.  Some men even find it attractive.  

We can't be so hyper critical of ourselves. good luck
hey i just wanted to let you know i have the same prob my mons pubis is very big and i only weigh 120 pounds and it is very frustrating cuz you cant weight alot of things cuz your scared you get made fun of and you feel uncomfortable im acually going to talk to my doctor about it this week trust mei know what your going though  
It's good to know there are more women out there that struggle with the same thing i do I've always been on the large side i wouldn't say fat but I've never been skinny. When I go to the beach or even just swimming with local friends i never have fun bcuz my body... I always have to have something sitting in my lap to cover up my embarrassing body parts :( I feel like i will never find any one that will like me bcuz my body is not beautiful like all the other girls i see! All i want is to be normal.... Why do i have to be this way :(( it seems like im the only girl in my entire school even in the entire county i live in that is dealing with this issue.. I want to get surgery done to fix this but i dnt have the money to do it. With my breast size butt size and large mons pubis i just don't feel the joy in life that every other girl feels. But at least it's good to know im not alone in this....
what kind of bike?
My heart goes out to everyone struggling with this insecurity, I have been through all of it my self- Highschool, college and now at 28 I am still dealing with this issue with my co-workers. All of the starring, pointing, laughing, jokes, curel notes or pictures being drawn, in my experience all of this was caused by women- women pay more attention to details including checking out other women from head to toe, and of course gossiping!!

Its a struggle on a daily basis simply getting dressed, shopping, intimacy. Whenever I am talking to someone I watch their eyes to see if they are "looking there" or hoping that they wont notice even though I always try to keep it covered. I have an amazing husband who accepts me the way I am, but I can't seem too. I have tried theraphy however I am still struggle to be happy with it. I wish I could make everyone feel better and take all of the hurt away from all of us but only we can do that for ourselves. We can accept it and live with it, or we can change it- its our bodies our decisions.

Has any one had a liposuction surgery done in the Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, North Bay or Sudbury Area? If you have can you please tell me where, your experience and if you were happy with the results??
Thank you.
Has anyone on this blog had the lipo
How to changer my MONS-PUBIS colour(From Black colour to white colour) ?
I want to know if you all really  have large mons  because mine is a monster. Is there a way to upload pics to this forum only? I guess i would like to come out of the closet so to speak. I feel safe here and i feel such a sense of relief. Like many of you I also feel alone and have never seen one like mine. I live in Texas and have not seen anyone  similar to my size. I just want to see others like me. Maybe there should some kind of convention for us to all meet maybe share some coping skills,emotional support  or some fashion tips perhaps.
Hi there -

Please do not upload pics of your mons. We do not allow pics of the genital area, even for clinical reasons.

Thanks!

Emily
Oh my! Why are you all so insecure about this?  My pubis sticks out too in fact when i lay down on my back it sticks out farther than my hip bones which stick out a lot already, however there is absolutely NOTHING to be stressing about!  Not one of my boyfriends has ever said anything bad about it and most of them have loved it and found it sexy as it accentuates the vaginal area.  

I am 32 years of age and noticed that it protruded farther than my friends when i was a young girl shopping with one or two of them. I even made jokes about how it looked like i was a chick with a **** when i wore something tight like a long dress.  We just laughed at it and i didnt give it much thought afterward.  It wasn't something i liked about my body but seeing as most of my boyfriends liked it i grew to like it too.  If anyone, girl or boy, notices your pubis and asks or jokes about it just tell them it makes for great sex.  Trust me the boys will be more than interested in you after you tell them this and the girls will just be jealous.  :)  All you need to do ladies is keep your area nice clean and shaved or waxed the way you like and you will NOT have any complaints from the guys.

I hope this helps.

ps - PLEASE DONT EVEN CONTEMPLATE SURGERY  it is sexy (so my boyfriends have told me)  SO LEARN TO LOVE YOUR BODY!
I'm so sorry to hear you feel so badly about yourself.  Let me try to put your mind at ease.  I have NEVER been a little girl.  I weighted 110 in 6th grade! And I have always been made to feel like a freek by my peers.  So naturally I really believed that NOone would ever love me or appreciate me for who I am, and HOW I am.  But I want to tell you, I did.  I have been married to one of the nicest guys for nearly 42 years. I still do not understand why he loves me so much, cuz I still see myself as I have been told I am--ugly and unloveable.  But I am learning to accept his love and trying to love myself, trying to imagine myself as HE sees me. So hang in there,Sweetie.  Work on learning to appreciate yourself, in all your glory, and I know you will find a special person who will see how beautiful you really are!!  :D
I just love them absolutely-no worries-the bigger they the better.  
Victoria's Secret, Sports Illustrated, Hustler, Playboy, and all those other sources of what an "attractive" woman should like have greatly ruined young women's perception of themselves.  These sources indicate that men desire tall women with large hips, narrow waists, large breasts and butts, and a small pubis.  Only an absurdly small portion of women actually come close to fitting this mold.  Men who actually desire this absurdly rare woman are victims of society and are denying their biological instincts to desire the attractive women all around us, including you.  Without getting too deep into the psychology of the matter, society's perfect woman is incorrect in biological terms.  She is a nearly impossible to attain standard, who drives women to try all sorts of different clothes, make-up, surgeries, etc. to make themselves like her.  Men see other men and women craving this glamorized version of what the magazines, movies, websites, TV shows, and other sources say a woman should be like, and the less secure men are unwilling or unable to be honest with themselves and acknowledge what they actually find attractive.  Every woman is different, and likewise, every man's tastes are different.

Personally, I find woman who are petite, average weight, have a shapely butt, and, yes, a large mons pubis, to be irresistible.  Why else would I have come to this page?  Please don't let anyone ever let you think you are anything less than sexy and beautiful.
My mons pubis area is fat too! I don't mind, but I have a problem. . . I can't find swimwear to fit in anywhere, neither panties. . . they're all too small. . . I would really appreciate it if you could recommend any label or e-shop or anything that you found and it's not tiny for us!!! thank you!!!
I've been aware of my large mons pubis since I was in elementary school.  Like many of you, I'm 5'2" and in shape.  I have always been super self conscious about it, and have leaned all the little tricks to hide it - having a bag or cardigan on my lap at all times while I'm sitting.  Wearing A-line dresses that pull away from the natural waist, wearing long shirts over tight pants, carrying my purse on my wrist in front of me while I'm walking, wearing super patterned bikini bottoms, or bottoms that have frills or extra material, etc.  But, it gets exhausting to think about this all day long.  Someone, (cough, cough, Spanx inventor!!) needs to come up with shapewear that levels out that area, like by adding very thin padding to the areas around the mons so that everything is flat... And gradually thin it out towards the waist and legs so it doesn't look abnormal.  Maybe I'll write her a letter with this suggestion and point her towards this board so she can see how many people would benefit from such a product.  As far as being shy about this on front of guys, you shouldn't be.  I haven't had one guy mention anything to me about it, and not to blow my own horn, a lot of them (and I have been with my share of his) were begging for more even after I left them.  I'm now a happily married 28 year old... But it's still hard to figure out what to wear, even if I'm comfortable being naked.. Sounds weird, but it's true.  For those of you dying to wear a tight dress, I found the perfect option that will keep things hidden in the front, but hugs your hips and butt..http://www.modcloth.com/shop/dresses/banquet-on-it-dress...I wore it recently and loved it.
OMG so pleased to have found this forum. I have lived with this problem fo rmany years. I am now 48 and it is affecting my health, I am depressed a lot of the time because I feel so uncomfortable and I get soreness where my bikini line is on both sides.It is red raw. I have also had 2 C-sections, one ectopic pregnancy so another across the body scar and a total hysterectomy. So I have 3 scars in all. I suffer from soreness in the scar area as I have overhang of my stomach so need to wear 2 pairs of panties most times. It's so not fair and I can't go on like this. I am going to see the doctor tomorrow as I have had enough of this suffering.
I can't help you with sharing a mons look, but I did want to add that there is no need to be self-conscious about it. For me, I think it is sexy and many men I know do also. I can't help with insensitive comments by others but we all have things that get crappy comments, and I have gotten my share too. Just keep a smile on your face. Not too far away is a man that you can put a smile on his face... Take care, girl
I am so glad I found people willing to talk about this, I was beginning to thing me and my daughter were the only two people that had this problem. I am 46 yrs old and it has taken a while to get comfortable in my own skin. Is there anywhere to buy jeans and panties to fit over my mons pubis that look and feel good?
You are worked up over nothing if your concern is men. Some men like large boobs, some small. Some men like women who shave, some not at all. I find a distinctive mons punks sexy and exciting. Maybe some men do not. I think the sexiest part of a women is her mind. There's slot of diversity there even day to day after the body grows a bit stale. (I'm married to my wonderful sexy wife for 34 tears)   And she still blows my hair back in bed.

N
i heard recently that rise in hormone estrogen level can lead to fat deposition over the mons pubis. i have had this problem for as long as i can remember and i always feel embarrassed to wear tight pants as it is visible through it too. And now im in a serious relationship with my boyfriend but im scared to get intimate with him. i dont know if it would help but im on a strict diet at the moment to reduce my estrogen level plus a regular exercise. if anyone knows a good way to reduce mons pubis plz plz let me know..ty
Honey, I am a seventy three year old woman and   have had a large pubic mons my entire life and believe me when I say I have never had a problem getting and keeping a man. Most men could care less as long as they have a woman that loves and cares about them. Do not let this keep you from finding a good man and having a life!
Viewing 201-226 comments: