Large lump on labia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Large lump on labia

Hi, I am 19 years old and I noticed that I have a lump under the skin on the outer labia of my vagina. I shaved about 2 weeks ago, so I'm wondering if it could be an ingrown hair. The lump is about the size of a gumball, so it's pretty large. I've been feeling sore for the past 2 days but didn't really think anything of it and then this afternoon I realized the lump. The pain isn't terrible, it's more tender and sore than painful. I can really only feel the soreness when I walk or sit down. I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what it could be, and if I need to go to the doctor asap or just try to let it heal itself. I'm not the kind of person to pick and poke at it, so I won't be willing to try to drain it myself or anything. Thanks in advance for any advice, and also sorry for how graphic this is!
Tags: lump, labia, Vagina
It's probably an ingrown hair, I've had them in that area too. I always drain mine. That's what they'd do at the doctor.
Go to the Dr it may be a boil. They may want a sample and drain it for you or they could give you an antibiotic to take care of it. Don't just leave it as it will burst at some point and that can be painful. Also it will become painful I would say go to the Dr and get some Dermaplast which will numb it and clean it a bit. Good luck!
Hi Heyhey OK have a look at it if you can see black at the top its an ingrowing hair, now if your brave take a clean needle, andjust prick it out it will be like a spring coil, once it out pluck it out, and in future aways shave downwards, its the way yours hairs grow, I know it my feel cleaner shaving upwards, but thats were you get the ingrowers from, so inn future just downwards.
Good Luck
Seasons greetings