Large painful lump on labia majora

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Large painful lump on labia majora

I have a hard red lump on the right outer lip of my vagina. It is larger than a marble, very red, very painful. There is no white head, it's not an in grown hair (I've had them before), I've tried poking it with a needle lightly, I've tried applying heat and cold to it. Nothing has worked. I have to wait to go to the doctors and I'm just trying to figure out what to do for now. . . I'm 19 and already know I have ovarian cysts
This swelling can be due to a cyst or a boil. Apply warm compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killers like Ibuprofen/ Diclofenac. If the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a gynecologist as you may need incision and drainage.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.