Mirena
I am 47 years old, had the Mirena low dosage IUD inserted last year in May. My periods have been short, long, light, heavy and irregular. I figured my body is just trying to,get used to them. I also have a few small fibroids and got a tubal ligation (clipped, tied and burnt) in my early twenties after having three kids. My doctor suggested the Mirna because of my heavy periods and the fact I would get anemia every now and then. Ive had blood clotting and they wouldn't be really big but this morning a bigger one then usual came out, not to mention I skreadybhad a period to atsrtvon New Year's Day. I used to have very painful periods but the one I had earlier was no pain, I didn't have to take Premysyn. No pain this time either but it seems to be hanging around a little longer then usual. The one I had earlier this month was normal and shorter then usual. I have seen the doctor about it getting heavier and she suggested if my periods continue to be heavy I can just get the fibroids burnt off. I really don't want to do that. She told me to take two iron pills per day with a stool softener. I just want to know how long does it usually take for the Mirena to stop periods. I saw on here as long as two years.

This discussion is related to Mirena.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KTowne, and KeeLolo commented on KeeLolo's status
Oct 19
4769306 tn?1508450205
Blank
KeeLolo uploaded a new photo
Oct 19
3191940 tn?1447272317
Blank
CurfewX commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
Oct 19
Top Women's Health Answerers
Women's Health Community Resources