Women's Health Community
Please help with these symptoms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Please help with these symptoms

Hi,
I am a 37-year-old mother of two with no family history of ovarian or breast cancer.  For the last two years I have been having problems with frequent urination.  I have also always had very painful periods.  I was on a birth control pill and switched to another pill when the frequent urination started.  Both pills made my hair fall out and caused a lot of problems so I stopped taking a pill about a year ago.  The frequent urination continued and also cramp-like pain throughout my cycle.  When my stomach started bloating really bad and my period was late, I went to a doctor (my doctor was out of town).  I was examined and the doctor said my right ovary felt bigger than my left and sent me for an ultrasound to check for fibroids or cysts.  I thought I would finally have an explanation for why I always felt pregnant even though I am not.  The ultrasound, however, showed that my left ovary was bigger than my right but nothing was wrong.  It also showed that my bladder was not fully emptying.  I was told to get another ultrasound, this time of my bladder and abdomen.  They found nothing wrong with my bladder but found three large polyps in my gallbladder.  I had severe gallbladder pain when I was pregnant and now it flares up every now and then.  I was referred to a surgeon.  The surgeon told me there is nothing they can do.  I asked if my gallbladder would cause all my other symptoms, they said no.  Now I have an appointment in two weeks to see a urologist.  I really don't think that's my problem but what else can I do.  Nobody seems to think that constant pelvic pressure, severe bloating (like I am 5 months pregnant), cramps throughout my cycle, irregular periods, nausea sometimes, fullness, and fatigue are anything to be worried about.  What can I do when an ultrasound doesn't show anything wrong and now the doctors say there is nothing they can do?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank