Pregnant or Menopause?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Pregnant or Menopause?

I'm 48 years old.  I had a normal period on July 18.  My next period started August 12.  Next period due Sept. 9. Since that time I've had very sore breasts, nipples are extremely tender, intermittent nausea, gag when brushing my teeth.  I've been extremely tired and cry at everything.  I did an HPT a week ago and it was negative.  Went to my doc 2 days ago and he did a urine test which was negative.  Last night I when I went to the bathroom I had a little pink on the paper but nothing else.  Today I've had intermittent cramping.  Feels like menstral cramps but they don't last long and a couple of times I've had the pink on the paper after urinating.  I don't usually get cramps until after my period starts and it's at it's heaviest.  I've never been pregnant, got married 3 years ago and we haven't been trying to get pregnant but also haven't done anything to prevent it.  Could I be pregnant and have had 2 negative results or could this be the start of menopause?
-6 Comments Post a Comment
I would suggest that you are showing all the classic symptoms of being pregnant but I would go see a doctor to confirm if you are pregnant or not.  I have read that sometimes a false negative could mean that you are pregnant and will need to wait until you have build up enough HCG hormone but if you have taken the test 2 times I would presume that you are not but I would just see a doctor.  On menopause, sometimes women cease to have their menstruation which leads to that condition, or I could be wrong.  I hope this helps you and best wishes!!

carman68
Hi it is a crazy feeling. I went through this not once but twice at 40. 4 urine tests negative but same symptons. Then doctor did a blood test. negative and then vaginal ultrasound. Nothing. Only a cyst and a fibroid growing. He gave me an injection to kickstart my period and then measured hormone levels. As I have a thyroid problem they checked that too incase of a change. The result was now I am having longer ovulation phases and not to worry as it is normal for my age. It was a shock for me as I have no kids and had normal periods. It was like over night.  Anyway what I am saying in the longrun is get your hormone levels checked to see if you are heading into menopause. You have to have had no period for 12 months to be considered menopause.  So good luck and see where you are at.
hi,im 19 years old and me and my boyfriend were in the hottub. he fingered me and i gave him a handjob meaning that he spermed in the hot tub/ Could that sperm get into me and get me pregnant if i wasnt on the birthcontrol or anything??

cindy