Purple Nipples

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Purple Nipples

A month ago my chest hurt so bad I didn't want to take my bra off at all then it went away. Recently I noticed my nipples started turning purple and then back to the normal color.  I thought it was becasue I was cold until I took a hot shower and they stayed that color.  Should I be concerned?
Avatar n tn
I dont think its uncommon for nipples to change colors. Ive read this post b4 & wouldnt be something to really worry about.
Avatar n tn
My friend was looking it up and telling me to go to the doctor that i might have a circulatory problem but i have always been really healthy. i just wasn't sure.  thanks for the info.
Avatar n tn
I know it was a long time since you wrote, but ive been having the same problems. I thought it was down too cold, but i too was having a shower and i noticed my nipples had turned puple. They have been hurting alot lately, and they feel heavier. I researched quite alot and there are many resons as to why they are the way they are. Ive seen a nurse, and i didnt find it really helpfull. If you could give me any info i would be gratefull becuaseim worrying alot bout it.
ta x
Avatar n tn
I am 16  and one of my nipples has changed color to purple and looks like it has split at one side of the nipple. It goes purple in the shower. It has been happening for about 2 years. does anyone know what it could be ?
Avatar n tn
i have had purple nipples ever since i can remember, at least for four years. not sure if it's anything medical or the size of my boobs? not sure at all. too scared/embarrassed to go to the docs. help?
i was cleaning my room naked just right after i got out of the shower n i saw that my nipples we're a dark purple color like black i havent had sex in like 3 or 4 weeks n i just got off my period...wat does that mean?
I would highly suggest having a mammogram done,not to scare you or anything
but i only had one sympton of my breast itching very badly.
It turned out I had a Fibroadeoma(tumor)in my breast that i had to have surgery
to get removed 2 weeks ago. My breast specialist said any changes in breast should always be checked out.
Its so much better to be safe
Oh my goodness I am 16 too, except i'll be 17 in a month, I have EXACTLY the same problem even the slit thing!
Avatar n tn
I'm having the exact same problem! Atleast for 2 months now, I'm 17 and have never been sexually active or anything, the pain last for a really long time and I'm to emberresed and nervous to tell my parents or a doctor
I woke dismorning I. Wit my right nipple all purple and last night I did have sex but I'm also on birth control pill ad I have other problem like IBS and problem wit my ovaries Nd everything so I'm scared to find out
my lips and nipples are purple when I get out of the shower, but does turn normal color in a few hours. My doctor said there really is no reason. Since I seem to be perfectly healthy??
oh honey never be afraid to tell your parents, they love you more than you know and would be so hurt to find out you were not telling them about your concerns
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
Aug 23
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals