Sciatic nerve pain

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Sciatic nerve pain

A slip on the ice has caused sciatic nerve pain to be a part of each day now. It can be excruciating. What are the best treatments to relieve the pain?
Sciatica is a symptom not a diagnosis It is a non-specific term commonly used to describe symptoms of pain radiating downward from the buttock over the posterior or lateral side of the lower limb. It is caused by certain positions are usually associated with continually holding a poor posture either at home or at work.

Imaging methods such as MR Neurography may help diagnosis and treatment of sciatica. You can take OTC pain killers like brufen,do some stretching exercises and yoga and maintain a correct upright posture while sitting.

Severe cases may require surgery.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals