Small sore on labia majora - unlikely to be herpes but unsure

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

When I woke up this morning I went to the bathroom, but noticed a small trace of blood on the toilet paper. I had a look to see where it was coming from and there was a small, what looked like a scratch or a cut, just on the inside of my labia majora, right at the top. As I had felt no pain/tingling/itching previously I thought nothing of it, that maybe I had cut myself shaving the day before and had irritated the cut. However when I later had sex with my boyfriend it was very painful, and during the day became more and more uncomfortable. When I got home tonight I had another look and it has now started to slightly resemble a mouth ulcer, which i'm aware is a sign of the herpes virus once the blisters have broken.

Now i'm very worried because although i didn't notice any blisters between my shower before bed and waking up the next day and i know that neither me or my boyfriend have any history of STIs and that neither of us have slept with anybody else since we've been together, I can't find any other explanation as to what the sore could be. My boyfriend has never had a coldsore, so I cant have caught it from him that way. I havent had any other herpes symptoms like a fever or itching/tingling, pain when urinating etc

There is only one sore and it's very small, about half a centimetre long and about half that again in width, it hasn't bled since this morning and is not itchy or oozing or anything, it's just very tender and red, and slightly paler like pink/white in the center. It also appears to be slightly raised, rather than caved as mouth ulcers can be.
This can be infected hair follicles, boils or herpes sores. Apply warm compresses,Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a gynecologist as you may need incision and drainage and also get it examined to herpes sores ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
1 hr ago
Shannon79, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Shannon79 commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals