Spotting on and off for 2 weeks /Light periods before that

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Ever since Sept, my periods have been very light (4 days at the most) which is unusual for me. I usually have heavy bleeding lasting for 7 days. I have been spotting on and off for the past two weeks, one day I will see some blood (light pinkish or brown color) for maybe two days and then it will return a couple of days later. This has NEVER happened to me, so I am worried that something is terribly wrong. I have also been nauseated, a lot. I feel like I just want to puke all the time. I have gas, not passing gas, but gas-like feelings in my stomach. Am I pregnant? No. Took 2 urine tests and both came up negative. The doctor said the nausea could be coming from the fact that I have chronic mucus or something like that. But the nausea comes when I smell certain things, not randomly. I have an appointment with my gyn in 2 weeks, but I think I may need to be seen earlier than that. I am just frustrated now because I really would like to know what in the world is wrong with me, so I can find a way to fix it.
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals