Vaginal Itching during period
I have had this itching problem during my period for about 3 months now. Its extremely annoying and distracting, to the point that it interferes with my life. Im on birth control (Implanon) and I know its not a yeast infection, because i tried treating it as that last month and it didnt get any better. Also, my flow has gotten different in the last months, from normal blood to a thick brown kind of smelly. It is almost like a paste instead of  blood. Any suggestions?
I think you need to see a gyn about this, sounds like your body is not liking the pill you are on.
What kind of protection do you use when you are on your period? Pads or tampons? I find that some liners don't agree with my vagina and I get a pesky external itch on the outer labia--especially if they are the scented kind but certain brands can affect me as well.

The pH in the menses blood usually makes things right as rain. When I'm getting a yeast infection, for example, after my period--everything is back to normal. Sassy is right, maybe it's the form of bc you're on that is causing an adverse effect.
I have had the same exact problem for the last three months. 3 or 4 days before my period I experience swelling and uncontrollable itch. Nothing works.. I am about to make an appointment with my OB/gyn..I know it cannot be an STD becuz I never have unprotected sex and I do not have it on a regular..I know it is not the liners or tampons becuz I absolutely NEVER use the scented ones..I also assumed I had a yeast infection the first month but this is ongoing..The second month was accompanied by a urinary tract infection.. By the time I heal up completely..its time for my menstrual cycle to begin again and the agony just repeats itself!! I hope we can find some type relief..
Hi, I have been having the same issues. Did you ever find out the cause?