Vaginal numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal numbness

2636096?1205368815
Hi. Today I had a little scare. I was sitting eating dinner, I went down stairs to throw laundry in the dryer, and all of a sudden, the right side of my vagina, all the way up to the bottom right side of my butt went numb, kind of like when your foot falls asleep. My foot kind of had the same feeling because of the way I was sitting, but is it normal for your vagina to have the same thing happen? This is the third time this has ever happened to me, but the most severe. The first two times happened about a year ago, and hadn't happened since until tonight. It scared me. Is there a nerve down there, that if you sit a certain way, could cause something like this to happen?
This happens to me from time to time, I wouldnt worry about it