What can cause small bleeding 1 week before period?
A couple of weeks ago my boyfriend fingered me but he wiped dry any semen that was on his hands & we didn't have sex. In the past week I've had a serious viral infection that prevented me from eating anything for 2-3 days (only liquids). In that time I was taking medication for nausea and stomach pains. Last night I noticed a tiny amount of red discharge when I was wiping after going to the toilet, and then this morning it was still a tiny bit, but brown. My period isn't due for another week. What could the blood mean?

Read more: Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum - What is causing blood before my period? http://ehealthforum.com/health/what-is-causing-blood-before-my-period-t408084.html#ixzz2arXnBlAa
Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
This brown spotting can be due to an early incoming period. Other than that stress due to viral infection can also cause such intermenstrual spotting. Other causes could be polycystic ovarian syndrome, diseases of pituitary gland, hormonal imbalance of estrogen and progesterone and uterine abnormalities like fibroid and  cervical dysplasia. Consult your doctor if the symptoms persist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.