What would make a cervix high and soft during your period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I thought I had conceived this month because of the way I felt and symptoms i had when I had conceived my daughter. Plus my cervix was high and getting soft. Well, I started my period when I was suposse to but now my CERVIX IS VERY HIGH AND SO SOFT ITS SQUISHY. I dont understand how my cervix can still be high and soft if I have my period.
Cervix is high and soft during ovulation due to the effect of progesterone. It is also the same during pregnancy. If you are apprehensive regarding the status of your pregnancy you can get it checked. Most home pregnancy tests that check urine beta-HCG are sensitive to 20-25 mIU/ml of HCG. The test can be positive anywhere from about 2-3 days prior to a missed menses to 4-5 days after, but usually it should be done 7-10 days past your missed period.

Otherwise you can get a serum HCG also done which is more specific than urine pregnancy test.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.