abdominal pain, sore breasts but mirena whats going on with me?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i have mirena. i have had it for about 3 years now. in the past few months i have had quite a bit of vaginal discharge i get head aches alot my breasts are extremely sore and tender and i have really bad abdominal crampy but sharp like pain in my lower abdomin (abdomen) that brings me to tears sometimes. i have went to the hopital once in severe pain they didnt find anything but there has to be something wrong if i feel this bad this often. help! what could it be? i thought maybe it was a cyst but they didnt find anything in the hospital and this pain in my abdomin (abdomen) occurs more than once a month and my breasts stay sore the soreness never goes away.
Soreness in breasts can be due to hormonal side effects of Mirena but abdominal pain can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease caused by Mirena as it is notorious for causing PID. You need to go for blood test, urine test, histopathological examination and Ultrasound Pelvis. If the tests come positive, you have to undergo laproscopic diagnosis for confirmation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing