bowels
im sick of being looked at by a doctor that hasnt caught up to the amount of imformation i can google on my own regarding my condition or concerns. I have had an addiction to laxatives but do to a recent pill habbit i just kicked and my lack of a family doctor not one ER proffessional will give me any credit. My symptoms are fullness cant recal my last solid bowlmovement "and yes with laxatives i did have them, vomiting, abominal pain, i have these dreams least 4 times a week that im pregnant and in labor i toss and turn all the time from the discomfort i feel while still asleep. I had a colon oscopy but the doctor didnt even see me after just said no follow up, now see im used to that because of the laxative history they feel i dont follow directions and are almost mad that perhaps there view wasnt clear enough to give a real good diagnosis. So i did explain that to my last GI doctor but got the same response.. i havent lost weight but i am going threw a deppression and eat just to eat but i havent gained a pound either. what do you think
I think that it's unfortunate that you are being treated this way. You are being very up front and honest to the 'professionals' about your past addiction and no one seems to be giving you a respectful exam...or atleast speaking with you after about what they haven't found. I suggest keeping a journal of your bowel movements. Your laxative habit has trained your body that it no longer needs to exercise that part of digestion because you were providing something that did it for them. You will have to retrain the body to start doing this again. A good diet with fiber (not a massive amount, you don't want to shock your system) and plenty of water should help it along. Exercise is also something that helps. A lot of people don't know this but in the mornings the first thing you should do is drink water. It cleanses and refreshes...as informercial as that sounds :)

If things don't get better, you can go back to them with your journal of bathroom visits and what you have been doing to regulate yourself. You may have to start fresh with another set of doctors if they keep dismissing your concerns.

All the best.