discharge before periods
I am going on day number 36 from my last period and at day 32 I had a brown discharge but not enough to amount to anything. Over the weekend I thought I was going to start because I was craving my chocolate like always. This week I have felt so tired, mood swings and occasionally my breast will hurt not like they normally do when I am about to start. I got off of birth control back in february and had no problems with my periods being werid until now. Any ideas to what this could mean?
I would suggest taking a pregnancy test. The brown discharge could be spotting, the discharge that occurs when an egg is fertilized. Of course all this only matters if you're sexually active.

As to other options....could be any number of things, the easiest thing to do would see a doctor. If you are sexually active, it could be an STD, if you aren't, it could just be an infection. Or it could even be your body is just reacting to things around you. If you're really athletic or stressed out or sleeping badly, that could also affect your period.

The best thing to do right now is not freak out about it, that could only make things worse. Just take a pregnancy test, and/or see a doctor. I've had the same discharge once or twice, freaked out, took a test, it was negative, saw a doctor and he said it was just a minor infection and gave me some medication for it. It'll be fine as long as you don't stress about it :)